Strategies to get faster at USFOODS two weeks from 90 days.

Discussion in 'General Food Service Discussion' started by donvineland, Sep 18, 2013.

1. Moneyman01

Moneyman01 Proud to be a dad!

Also which place pays better?

2. donvineland

donvineland New Member

Organics is no overtime .If it is 70 hours then its all at the same rate plus you got to pay for benefits after 90 days. Kramm is is paid by miles and accessories or beginning pay is 55000+ , then benefits and pension is fully done by company;however they were advertising salary last year for 85000. I am assuming seniority and longevity dictates. The problem is that at organics, i would have to work a minimum of sixty hours every week to make sixty. I cant see that happening every week especially in the slow months. Plus they are trying to get most of the drivers on a four day schedule. Any way with so many companies trying to avoid paying for employee benefits even before Obamacare ;the bennies plus pension are worth half your pay.

3. Moneyman01

Yeah I would definitely go for the union job. Good luck man

4. grocerythrower

grocerythrower Super Mod

Go for the union tank job, you will be able to retire doing that, sure your gone, its not that big a deal, I would try and shoot down the bird in the forest, If it were me I would put all my energy into getting on with them.

5. Moneyman01

If I could get a decent union job I would probably go. Would really like to get on with a union construction company and pull a lowboy hauling equipment. Thats my dream. I would love to haul heavy equipment someday. So I hope you get the union job

6. Lazlo

Lazlo Active Member

Everyone's forgetting the most important part...not pay, not benefits, not pension: He said his woman thinks he should take the union job.

Donvineland, if she's anything like my wife or daughters if you take the other job and it doesn't work out you'll Never. Hear. The. End. Of. It.

Seriously, that's the way I'd probably go myself. Company paid benefits and pension sweeten the deal even more. If you can afford to sit for the 4-5 weeks while they run through all the checks that'll give you the bulk of the holiday season off with your family

7. kboomarang

kboomarang My allah, between pie and mode

Go tanker, the experience you gain with that is more likely to lead to a broader selection of jobs tank yanking wise should you want to move on, most all of them pay good too, the experience gain with a 2 wheeler will only lead to more 2 wheeling someplace else. But the upside of coming out food any place you apply at knows automatically your not afraid of work. Good Luck