Strategies to get faster at USFOODS two weeks from 90 days.

Organics is no overtime .If it is 70 hours then its all at the same rate plus you got to pay for benefits after 90 days. Kramm is is paid by miles and accessories or beginning pay is 55000+ , then benefits and pension is fully done by company;however they were advertising salary last year for 85000. I am assuming seniority and longevity dictates. The problem is that at organics, i would have to work a minimum of sixty hours every week to make sixty. I cant see that happening every week especially in the slow months. Plus they are trying to get most of the drivers on a four day schedule. Any way with so many companies trying to avoid paying for employee benefits even before Obamacare ;the bennies plus pension are worth half your pay.

Today i saw a unique job opportunity then called the company. I have never done tanks before but they would be willing to give me a look. They asked some basic back ground info questions. He then informed me about the wages and benefits. Its a union job with company sponsored pension and all. They specialize in a niche : liquid food in a tank . It's a otr job ;stay out for four days get back on the weekend .He even provided the number of the local they are affiliated with. I was given a number to submit the relevant paper work. Now after finishing that conversation. One hour later i received a called with a job offer from Organics . I have one week until i have to choose. The job with P.E.Kramm sounds like something i could retire from. Right now i am a bit perplexed.It would take another four or five weeks sitting before all the tests and checks were done. Its really difficult to turn away a bird in the hand for one in the forests. Financially i could sit for another 12 weeks without really worrying. The thing is what if i turn down one but do not get the other. The lady of the house said to go for the union gig. OK, you guys can sound off and let me know your thoughts!

Go for the union tank job, you will be able to retire doing that, sure your gone, its not that big a deal, I would try and shoot down the bird in the forest, If it were me I would put all my energy into getting on with them.

If I could get a decent union job I would probably go. Would really like to get on with a union construction company and pull a lowboy hauling equipment. Thats my dream. I would love to haul heavy equipment someday. So I hope you get the union job

Everyone's forgetting the most important part...not pay, not benefits, not pension: He said his woman thinks he should take the union job.

Donvineland, if she's anything like my wife or daughters if you take the other job and it doesn't work out you'll Never. Hear. The. End. Of. It.

Seriously, that's the way I'd probably go myself. Company paid benefits and pension sweeten the deal even more. If you can afford to sit for the 4-5 weeks while they run through all the checks that'll give you the bulk of the holiday season off with your family

Go tanker, the experience you gain with that is more likely to lead to a broader selection of jobs tank yanking wise should you want to move on, most all of them pay good too, the experience gain with a 2 wheeler will only lead to more 2 wheeling someplace else. But the upside of coming out food any place you apply at knows automatically your not afraid of work. Good Luck