ABF | Strategies worked

iam4us

TB Regular
Credits
Scare Tactics, Hitting the small terminals with threats of closing and losing work, YRC buying ABF.. Less than 300 votes... what a shame... Sad day for Teamsters.. Hope Hoffa, Sweeton are proud.. ABF mgmnt are laughing hard at us now,, waiting for us to show up to work with tails between legs,, wait, they will be kicking when down now!!! And how about your gloating co-workers that voted Yes? Just what mgmnt wants, a divided Union!!! What strategy, it worked... Congrats Hoffa and Sweeton... Congrats on on the efforts here Men and Women/ Brothers/ Sisters...We tried..

And don't forget to congratulate the company for successfully shoving this garbage down our throats.

Scare Tactics, Hitting the small terminals with threats of closing and losing work, YRC buying ABF.. Less than 300 votes... what a shame... Sad day for Teamsters.. Hope Hoffa, Sweeton are proud.. ABF mgmnt are laughing hard at us now,, waiting for us to show up to work with tails between legs,, wait, they will be kicking when down now!!! And how about your gloating co-workers that voted Yes? Just what mgmnt wants, a divided Union!!! What strategy, it worked... Congrats Hoffa and Sweeton... Congrats on on the efforts here Men and Women/ Brothers/ Sisters...We tried..

You can ask everyone you meet. They all voted no

File a lawsuit.Just like the stories before you at ABF about McReynolds and Slagle and stock bonuses.That is being looked at now.Im an observer I didn't have a dog in the fight per se.I find it deplorable and very wrong what has been voted in and how it was done.There is hope on the supplementals that haven't been ratified.Maybe this can be dragged out for a while

File a lawsuit.Just like the stories before you at ABF about McReynolds and Slagle and stock bonuses.That is being looked at now.Im an observer I didn't have a dog in the fight per se.I find it deplorable and very wrong what has been voted in and how it was done.There is hope on the supplementals that haven't been ratified.Maybe this can be dragged out for a while
We've already had extensions. My 'fear' is that if the supplements are drug out for too long, our customers may jump ship, dropping our stock price and making us look better to potential acquisition hunters.

I don't know what to say.Im a YRC employee in the union. Is this ratification going to place pressure on us at YRC?This IBT union has gone to the dogs for allowing this contract to be presented.How can it be that this is the first contract ABF has negotiated aside from the me too follow along with the other contracts.ABF I was told in the beginning of the negotiations didnt even know how to bargain.Wow..This is a scam.What a disgrace.

and lets not forget all the "new member "trolls that just happened to appear to spew the companies garbage on here. A useful tactic to spread fear among ABF"s employees. It seems the company spared no expense this time around, and it paid off. Damn shame what my union has become. A proud legacy just being pissed away,

We've already had extensions. My 'fear' is that if the supplements are drug out for too long, our customers may jump ship, dropping our stock price and making us look better to potential acquisition hunters.

Why should u care ABF didn't care???

I don't know what to say.Im a YRC employee in the union. Is this ratification going to place pressure on us at YRC?This IBT union has gone to the dogs for allowing this contract to be presented.How can it be that this is the first contract ABF has negotiated aside from the me too follow along with the other contracts.ABF I was told in the beginning of the negotiations didnt even know how to bargain.Wow..This is a scam.What a disgrace.
wait until 2015 my friend you won't believe the s-storm yrc will drop on you,with the blessing of the good old IBT.

Now ABF can go on a hiring spree to replace all the recent retires. Good luck ABF in finding anyone that would what to work under this garbage contract. Union LTL trucking is now on the fast track race to the bottom.

Now ABF can go on a hiring spree to replace all the recent retires. Good luck ABF in finding anyone that would what to work under this garbage contract. Union LTL trucking is now on the fast track race to the bottom.

Oh yea the caller dweller of the industry

If your able to last the 5 years of this contract you could be number one man on the hog board. If anyone with seniority can last 5 years they could be number one.

I heard it was about 80% voter turn out. I wouldn't have any trouble accepting what ever the contract is with that kind of a turn out.
Then just all dig in and make it work...

Just wait until the other shoe drops and A.B.F. wins the lawsuit....then we will go to a 15% wage reduction to equal the playing field with yrc,plus all of the trash that goes with our new contract. Congrats to all the yes voters,you won. bty ....you just paid for the purchase of panther trucking but you just don't know it yet,but when you see more and more purchase transport trailers coming and going,,,,and you work less and less,,,,you will get it,

Now this is the part where the union tells ABF workers to "be glad you still have a job" and that if you dont like it "you can go find employment else where".