Street Shots

It's a claustrophobic ride inside to the top. Once you are up there you can feel it kinda swaying in the wind.

I have some pics I will dig out from my stash and post.

It's like riding in an egg. Not comfortable when you're 6'5"!

I'm gonna have to get a night camera, none of my pics come out on the phone cause it's dark out..lol

Here are a couple shots I took in Toledo the other night with my Pentax DSLR.

11374788574_377846f7eb_b.jpg

11371005705_3f5d4fca8d_b.jpg

I didn't quite capture the feel that I saw as I watched the flames illuminating the clouds. It was pretty cool, the way that the light played in the clouds of vapor. The wind was blowing some, so the flames clouds were moving a lot, it really was wicked how the light played about in the sky.

My camera is almost 10 years old now, and the latest ones have image sensors that do a much better job of managing even the lowest light. But I'm just not ready to shell out $1,300 for the new K3.

It is nice though.

Maybe Santa will bring me one.

All my current lenses will work with it. That's the really great thing about the Pentax cameras. Every Pentax (and aftermarket lenses too, i.e. Sigma, Tamron, Tokina, etc.) "K" mount lens ever made will mount to and work with the newest Pentax cameras. That is something that the Nikon and Canon snobs cannot claim. Every time that Nikon or Canon release a new camera the mount changes and a person has to get new lenses too.

Also, the old M42 screwmount lenses will work with an M42 to K mount adapter.

Oh, and I see all the time where the Canikon snobs have adapted Pentax lenses to their cameras.

Hmmmmm . . . . . . . wonder why?

The new K3
ZURBEAUTY-s.jpg

(Are you paying attention Santa?)

Here are a couple shots I took in Toledo the other night with my Pentax DSLR.

11374788574_377846f7eb_b.jpg

11371005705_3f5d4fca8d_b.jpg

I didn't quite capture the feel that I saw as I watched the flames illuminating the clouds. It was pretty cool, the way that the light played in the clouds of vapor. The wind was blowing some, so the flames clouds were moving a lot, it really was wicked how the light played about in the sky.

My camera is almost 10 years old now, and the latest ones have image sensors that do a much better job of managing even the lowest light. But I'm just not ready to shell out $1,300 for the new K3.

It is nice though.

Maybe Santa will bring me one.

All my current lenses will work with it. That's the really great thing about the Pentax cameras. Every Pentax (and aftermarket lenses too, i.e. Sigma, Tamron, Tokina, etc.) "K" mount lens ever made will mount to and work with the newest Pentax cameras. That is something that the Nikon and Canon snobs cannot claim. Every time that Nikon or Canon release a new camera the mount changes and a person has to get new lenses too.

Also, the old M42 screwmount lenses will work with an M42 to K mount adapter.

Oh, and I see all the time where the Canikon snobs have adapted Pentax lenses to their cameras.

Hmmmmm . . . . . . . wonder why?

The new K3
ZURBEAUTY-s.jpg

(Are you paying attention Santa?)
I'll let Santa know...I'm haulin a load for him Tues night, I'll see what I can do

Thanks!

Um, you're working?

Mmmmmmm . . . . . . . . . bummer!

I'm on vacation until NEXT YEAR!

And LAST!

I'm off on Christmas eve, I go back Christmas night so what Sharpshooter has left is overflow, I will go through the trailers and see if I can spot your camera, unless its on his trailers, better late than never!

I'm off on Christmas eve, I go back Christmas night so what Sharpshooter has left is overflow, I will go through the trailers and see if I can spot your camera, unless its on his trailers, better late than never!

You guys Rock!

Happy Christmas!

I took two pictures when I visited Mount Rushmore. The Crazy Horse Memorial is better.
4034_5925_Crazy_Horse_Monument_md.jpg

The Crazy Horse sculpture is very controversial. The Lakota Sioux are actually opposed to the creation of the memorial, for many reasons, one being how Crazy Horse will be positioned.

Pointing one's index finger is considered rude in Lakota culture, a prohibited gesture. It is similar to us using our middle finger.

There are many other reasons that the Lakota oppose the memorial. They feel that carving up a "wild" mountain in their sacred ancestral lands and burial grounds is pollution of the landscape and goes against the spirit of Crazy Horse.

The descendants of Crazy Horse were never consulted when Henry Standing Bear first conceived the project. In Lakota culture a consensus from family members would have been required for such a project, and none of Crazy Horse's family was ever asked to be part of the planning of the memorial.

There is also concern among tribal members about the millions of dollars raised for the completion of the memorial. Many tribal members feel there is poor accounting of where the funds are actually going.

I suppose that it is a good thing that the project managers have avoided grants from the US government. They feel that the project should be free of any encumbrance or obligation to the Fed. Obviously this is slowing the progress, as philanthropists who are eager to throw millions of dollars into the hat are few and far between.

I wonder how many more years it will be before the sculpture is complete. I would like to see it finished in my lifetime.

Crazy-horse-comparison.jpg

Do you know much about camcorders Racer? I have to get my wife one for Christmas, I'm thinking this one
Full HD 16GB Flash Memory Camcorder - HDRCX380/B Review | Sony Store U.S. - Sony US
BUT, since you mentioned Pentax cameras, I thought maybe they make good camcorders??

Sorry, but I have missed the boat when it comes to motion image capture. I keep saying I'll wait until the price comes down. Then the price comes down and the next, "bigger, better, faster" video camera comes along, at a high price and I say I'll wait until the price comes down. Then the price comes down and the next, "bigger, better, faster" video camera comes along, at a high price and I say I'll wait until the price comes down. Then the price comes down and the next, "bigger, better, faster" video camera comes along, at a high price and I say I'll wait until the price comes down. Then the price comes down and the next, "bigger, better, faster" video camera comes along, at a high price and I say I'll wait until the price comes down. Then the price comes down and the next, "bigger, better, faster" video camera comes along, at a high price and I say I'll wait until the price comes down. . . . . . . .

Sorry.

Got stuck in a loop.

Sheesh!

Pentax doesn't make video cameras, although the later digital still cameras will record short bits of video. This is a feature I wouldn't use, as my primary focus is still photography.

Medic92 uses a video camera in his truck, and his videos always look pretty good. Ask him, I bet he has tried enough different cameras that he knows what is good and what is not.

I do know that Sony gear is at the top of the line, and looking at the specs it does look pretty good. In addition to the built in flash memory (16gb) you can insert SD memory cards (as well as others but the SD cards are becoming the standard). I picked up a cheapo video camera using my frequent fueler points recently, and put a 32gb SDHC card in it. I was amazed at how quickly it filled up, using the highest resolution settings. And using the lower resolution settings may get more room, but the difference in image quality isn't worth the tradeoff of space for image quality.

Good luck!

Sorry, but I have missed the boat when it comes to motion image capture. I keep saying I'll wait until the price comes down. Then the price comes down and the next, "bigger, better, faster" video camera comes along, at a high price and I say I'll wait until the price comes down. Then the price comes down and the next, "bigger, better, faster" video camera comes along, at a high price and I say I'll wait until the price comes down. Then the price comes down and the next, "bigger, better, faster" video camera comes along, at a high price and I say I'll wait until the price comes down. Then the price comes down and the next, "bigger, better, faster" video camera comes along, at a high price and I say I'll wait until the price comes down. Then the price comes down and the next, "bigger, better, faster" video camera comes along, at a high price and I say I'll wait until the price comes down. . . . . . . .

Sorry.

Got stuck in a loop.

Sheesh!

Pentax doesn't make video cameras, although the later digital still cameras will record short bits of video. This is a feature I wouldn't use, as my primary focus is still photography.

Medic92 uses a video camera in his truck, and his videos always look pretty good. Ask him, I bet he has tried enough different cameras that he knows what is good and what is not.

I do know that Sony gear is at the top of the line, and looking at the specs it does look pretty good. In addition to the built in flash memory (16gb) you can insert SD memory cards (as well as others but the SD cards are becoming the standard). I picked up a cheapo video camera using my frequent fueler points recently, and put a 32gb SDHC card in it. I was amazed at how quickly it filled up, using the highest resolution settings. And using the lower resolution settings may get more room, but the difference in image quality isn't worth the tradeoff of space for image quality.

Good luck!
MAN...you had me scared on that first paragraph!! I kept blinking my eyes thinking it was me that I couldn't get to the next sentence...that was freaky..LOL

I love it when you find a new road that, apparently, nobody else knows about..LOL..it's not on the GPS's yet, this is 8am rush hour (if they had a rush hour..lol)

2013-12-31085050_zps51ed805a.jpg

I love it when you find a new road that, apparently, nobody else knows about..LOL..it's not on the GPS's yet, this is 8am rush hour (if they had a rush hour..lol)

2013-12-31085050_zps51ed805a.jpg

Nice shot, sunrise, or sunset?

I've found a few of those. Like this one out in the Mohave Desert. (Unfortunately it is out there in that place they call California)

11160101536_97a894368c_b.jpg