Yellow | Stress Relief - Music

50 years ago yesterday -Thanksgiving Day 1965 - the events which inspired this song (released two years later, in 1967) took place. I listened to this whole version yesterday in memory of the day. :smile new:

He was special. I miss him. And Johnny too.

They were two of the best of all time. Emmylou Harris & Roy recorded some together. She said Roy was one of the kindest men she had ever known. They recorded "Loving you feeling again " which was one of her favorites & mine. Musicians back then were true musicians & what you heard didn't go through a synthesizer or have computer enhancements. I doubt many of the stars today could pick up an instrument, play & sing without help from a machine of some kind.
Roy & Johnny were just two to come out of Memphis. Jerry Lee Lewis & Carl Perkins were two more that come to mind. The Beatles said a lot of their music was inspired by the Memphis artists. Carl Perkins was a guest of the Beatles on an island resort they owned. Carl said they spent many hours just "Jammin". I think "Matchbox" was one of the Beatles favorite Carl Perkins songs. They admired the simplicity of the Memphis & Delta sound.
Whether one like the Beatles or their lifestyle you can't argue that they were real musicians at least in the early part of their career.

They were two of the best of all time. Emmylou Harris & Roy recorded some together. She said Roy was one of the kindest men she had ever known. They recorded "Loving you feeling again " which was one of her favorites & mine. Musicians back then were true musicians & what you heard didn't go through a synthesizer or have computer enhancements. I doubt many of the stars today could pick up an instrument, play & sing without help from a machine of some kind.
Roy & Johnny were just two to come out of Memphis. Jerry Lee Lewis & Carl Perkins were two more that come to mind. The Beatles said a lot of their music was inspired by the Memphis artists. Carl Perkins was a guest of the Beatles on an island resort they owned. Carl said they spent many hours just "Jammin". I think "Matchbox" was one of the Beatles favorite Carl Perkins songs. They admired the simplicity of the Memphis & Delta sound.
Whether one like the Beatles or their lifestyle you can't argue that they were real musicians at least in the early part of their career.

AAAAMEN brother.