ABF | Strom Engineering

yeah... I see the failures weekly. If its broken, lets fix it.
We all see failures , did you ever think it could be the coordinators fault, maybe a billing error or dock sup. forgot about it? We just drive the trucks & if I have a time keeper on my route I will make sure its on time.If they now want to rely on a bunch of gypsies to make this happen I will say " you get what you pay for "

Theirs a lot of factors that could come into play. Depending on the service time, if we can't Make it, then we can't make it. Who should we give the freight to then? Not trying to argue but just asking.

Theirs a lot of factors that could come into play. Depending on the service time, if we can't Make it, then we can't make it. Who should we give the freight to then? Not trying to argue but just asking.
If a p&d driver kept having failures what would happen to him....

He would be disciplined. If a transit time can not be met in an Abf lane, who should we route the tk on? That's all I'm saying. Not blaming a driver or a supervisor.

He would be disciplined. If a transit time can not be met in an Abf lane, who should we route the tk on? That's all I'm saying. Not blaming a driver or a supervisor.
You have to ask why it cant be met, if its abf error put it on a plane....

Canary, I remember that day real well seeing I was involved in it. It happened in 2002 and all we received was a phone call, giving us a phone number to call. It was a recorded message saying (paraphrasing it) Hope you and your family are having a wonderful holiday but don't report to work, for we are closing down.

Expedited panther hot shot is cheaper

But we've been doing it, Rollin,........On time, with very, very few failures. Don't you read the companies' pamphlets? Timekeeper is one of the most successful programs at ABF. There have been no fundamental changes to the program in the last 15 years to address failures,....because the program works,...has worked,...and is working very well. So,....now that ABF Teamster employees got the program up and running , and have made it into a successful brand,....a product the company is proud of,.......Upper management wants to see if it will work,....based on the past success and hard work of the Teamster employees,......They want to see if it will work with cheaper employees. Maybe it won't work quite as well,.....Maybe it'll work just as well,.......It's hard to figure it'll work better,.....But one thing is sure,.......It will operate cheaper, and we all know that cheap is never good, and good is never cheap. Yup. Hot shot is cheaper. Is it just as reliable? Will Panther stand behind the Timekeeper guarantee? Will the average Panther employee care as much as an ABF employee? Do they pay them enough to care? As much? Like I said,.....Replace Good with Cheap,....merely to enrich the ones at the top,......and at the expense of the ones who do the work. And the Customer? Would he prefer Good over Cheap? Seems to me that that was what the Timekeeper program was about. Apparently upper management has forgotten that...........

Canary, I remember that day real well seeing I was involved in it. It happened in 2002 and all we received was a phone call, giving us a phone number to call. It was a recorded message saying (paraphrasing it) Hope you and your family are having a wonderful holiday but don't report to work, for we are closing down.

Brother Big Daddy,......As sad and as slimy as that day was,....I would hope that no Teamster,.....no truckdriver,...Union or non-Union,........In fact,....no working person,...will forget, that on ,....On, mind you,....Labor Day of 2002,...a major trucking company,....employing thousands of Union and non-Union employees in several different companies,....made a corporate decision to shut down the Union side of their business,....on the very day set aside by Presidential decree to celebrate working people, and the dignity of work.. This was a cold-hearted, ignorant, deliberate slap in the face of organized Labor,....and an underhanded threat to non-Union workers never to organize and presume to think that your First Amendment rights extend beyond the timeclock. A publicly traded United States company, ........openly and maliciously,....showing it's hatred and disdain for it's own workforce,.....the same work force that made them rich enough over it's eighty years of operation, to allow upper management to establish a competing non-Union trucking company,....built on the profits of it's Teamster company.....to actually pick and choose, through corporate decision, to suddenly, and without warning,....close operations on the ONE DAY of the year set aside to celebrate Labor. I would hope those responsible for that decision can live with all those 14,000 families' hopes dashed,....college denied,....homes lost,....finances wrecked,...suicides,....divorces,....I would hope that they would choke on the toothpick that spears the olive in their martini,....and as they lay gasping on the floor, clutching their throat,....a Teamster paramedic who knows this story kneels beside them.................

panther is not being used to haul our timekeepers.. they come in and haul freight that our shippers change delivery dates on, etc.. ex: wanted it in califonia from kc on fri and changed to wed and its now Monday.. .. Panther actually is being used less with the other carriers being used..

panther is not being used to haul our timekeepers.. they come in and haul freight that our shippers change delivery dates on, etc.. ex: wanted it in califonia from kc on fri and changed to wed and its now Monday.. .. Panther actually is being used less with the other carriers being used..

My point is they have moved the timekeeper profit over to Panther. Another way I suppose they can still blame labor for a high O.R on the union side. That seems like a theme they like to continually throw out in company earnings statements.

ABF/ABC is doing much better due to the fact that they are "freight brokers" now. They have their own brokering company.. Instead of freightbrokers.com or some other company doing it, they now do it and broker freight to ABF, Panther and the purchased transportation companies hauling ABF freight.. Its genious and yet another way to never show great profit. It was one of the last ways to control and hide numbers from the Union.. The union allowed it, as well as Yes voters who are too dumb to know the landscape of freight business and trucking.. They just know to get called, fill out a log and cash a check.. Brokering freight is unbelievable and I bet we are losing 30% to outside vs the 6% agreed upon.. Tyson Johnson is to blame for this and this is worth striking over!!

Panther is not a viable option for many timekeepers since they are small LTL shipments that to not generate enough revenue to use a whole 48' or 53' trailer for.

And for those who voted yes and think they're going to run the road on weekends to make up the difference I expect that will all come to an end now that they can pay an amount equal to our wages and have a contractor supply the truck and the fuel.

I imagine we and panther will still share in the hauling of timekeepers. Just depends who at the time of the dispatch will be more profitable and convenient for the company. But this profit will show on the panther side regardless of whose truck it arrives on, and that my friends is another nail in the coffin for the union side

I imagine we and panther will still share in the hauling of timekeepers. Just depends who at the time of the dispatch will be more profitable and convenient for the company. But this profit will show on the panther side regardless of whose truck it arrives on, and that my friends is another nail in the coffin for the union side

I agree, but if they want to grow the general ltl side of it they will need ABF because panther, freight value or whatever gypsies they plan on purchasing are not set up to do our side of it....The next contract will be critical to our survival....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk