ABF | Strom Engineering

Teamster paramedic saves his sorry life anyway because that his job and he does it the best he can.
And the Teamster driving the ambulance takes the dying patient to the farthest hospital away because the others are all too full or otherwise incapable of providing proper care for him.

I agree, but if they want to grow the general ltl side of it they will need ABF because panther, freight value or whatever gypsies they plan on purchasing are not set up to do our side of it....The next contract will be critical to our survival....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The problem, as I see it, is that ABFwill only get paid the pickup and delivery fee for the TKshipments. Panther will receive the lions share of the TK profit.Only, as GO40 pointed out, Panther is not set up to pickup these LTL(Less Truck Load) shipments. And at contract renewal time ABC willshow that ABF did not produce the revenue they expected. But thatPanther revenue grew exponentially. Only Panther did not and couldnot pickup the LTL TimeKeeper freight. It was ABF that supplied theemployees and equipment to make the TimeKeeper freight profitable!!!!We do the work and Panther gets the credit. Same old bate and switch.

What I see is a shuffling of profits from ABF to Panther. But but but wait!!!!!!! Hold on a minute! Wasn't Timekeeper a part of the puzzle we accepted when we (well not me) bought into receiving a bonus based on ABF profits? Yep, ABF profits, NOT ABC profits. Soooooo how can they break profitable pieces of the puzzle off of ABF and send them elsewhere when we have a vested interest in them? I'd say we have evidence on this one and grounds for a grievance on the national level and a labor charge. :ranting2:

Good Point! Wouldn't that be a violation of the agreement they had legally signed? Wouldn't that be a part of the "negotiated compensation"? It would be the same as the company coming out and saying that as of a certain date, they are no longer paying overtime,....because trucking is not covered by the Fair Labor Standards Act of 1938,....and their competitors don't pay overtime,.....so it's "legal" not to pay overtime,....in spite of us having negotiated language providing for overtime after 8, 9 and 10 hour shifts. All of the revenue from ABF will go toward the Operating Ratio,...which will provide the basis for the "bonus",....including the formula for how much "bonus". So.......how can they exclude part of the revenue after it was negotiated,....and signed on? YooHooo,......Hey,..Tyson,.....Wake Up, Boy! Here's something you can earn your paycheck on......Go ask Ms. McReynolds how much more revenue will ABF break away from it's Operating Ratio before the contract expires. Don't forget to bring flowers.........

Good Point! Wouldn't that be a violation of the agreement they had legally signed? Wouldn't that be a part of the "negotiated compensation"? It would be the same as the company coming out and saying that as of a certain date, they are no longer paying overtime,....because trucking is not covered by the Fair Labor Standards Act of 1938,....and their competitors don't pay overtime,.....so it's "legal" not to pay overtime,....in spite of us having negotiated language providing for overtime after 8, 9 and 10 hour shifts. All of the revenue from ABF will go toward the Operating Ratio,...which will provide the basis for the "bonus",....including the formula for how much "bonus". So.......how can they exclude part of the revenue after it was negotiated,....and signed on? YooHooo,......Hey,..Tyson,.....Wake Up, Boy! Here's something you can earn your paycheck on......Go ask Ms. McReynolds how much more revenue will ABF break away from it's Operating Ratio before the contract expires. Don't forget to bring flowers.........
That's what I'm talking about and while he's at it he should investigate these EDR's they company has dreamed up. Where did they come from? I have looked all through my contract and can't see anything about them in it. All disciplinary procedures need to be negotiated with the union and anything additional should be addressed as an unfair labor practice.

I like Employee Discussion Reports. We do them on Company Time. I get to Argue passionately on Company Time. When I'm done arguing, I have to sit down and write a Rebuttal, while the Facts are still Fresh......on Company Time. I sometimes struggle with the proper Language to use in my Rebuttal,.....so it might take quite a bit of Company Time to properly phrase it. Sometimes I have to go out to the Union bulletin board, and re-read my Weingarten Rights,....on Company Time,....just to make sure they haven't been violated. You have to have another Union employee in a EDR with you, if you feel that any discussion may lead to discipline,......and as all of my discussions are passionate,....we sometimes have to wait,...on Company Time,....for another Union employee to become available,.....so I am insured my Weingarten Rights aren't violated. Since you can possibly use an hour or two,.....easily,....of Company Time,...on a EDR,.....the management at our terminal only has these discussions when something major, or critical occurs. They don't use them as a form of harrassment,.....because they could easily,.......very easily,.... turn into a three- hour time waster,...that eats into terminal profits. So,.......they don't seem to play little-kid disciplinary games, here. Or,.....at least, they don't no more,......after we've had a few marathon EDR's.......

I like Employee Discussion Reports. We do them on Company Time. I get to Argue passionately on Company Time. When I'm done arguing, I have to sit down and write a Rebuttal, while the Facts are still Fresh......on Company Time. I sometimes struggle with the proper Language to use in my Rebuttal,.....so it might take quite a bit of Company Time to properly phrase it. Sometimes I have to go out to the Union bulletin board, and re-read my Weingarten Rights,....on Company Time,....just to make sure they haven't been violated. You have to have another Union employee in a EDR with you, if you feel that any discussion may lead to discipline,......and as all of my discussions are passionate,....we sometimes have to wait,...on Company Time,....for another Union employee to become available,.....so I am insured my Weingarten Rights aren't violated. Since you can possibly use an hour or two,.....easily,....of Company Time,...on a EDR,.....the management at our terminal only has these discussions when something major, or critical occurs. They don't use them as a form of harrassment,.....because they could easily,.......very easily,.... turn into a three- hour time waster,...that eats into terminal profits. So,.......they don't seem to play little-kid disciplinary games, here. Or,.....at least, they don't no more,......after we've had a few marathon EDR's.......
I like that approach
So is an EDR not considered discipline in and of itself?
They do go into the employees record don't they?

I like that approach
So is an EDR not considered discipline in and of itself?
They do go into the employees record don't they?
They go into the record. They are not identified in the contract as a viable method of discipline but if the company is permitted to issue them, put them in your file and use them to discipline or consider disciplining a future misstep on your part and it goes unchecked by our union we will be stuck with it.

They go into the record. They are not identified in the contract as a viable method of discipline but if the company is permitted to issue them, put them in your file and use them to discipline or consider disciplining a future misstep on your part and it goes unchecked by our union we will be stuck with it.

Exactly. So whenever an employee is subject to one of these EDRs the they absolutely should assert their Weingarten rights, no matter the subject of said discussion.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Take notes, and if any information,...in your opinion, is false, misleading, or incomplete,......you have an absolute right to rebut it. It will go into your file,...and if you rebut it, that also , must go into your file. Keep records with the steward. Warning letters are supposedly removed from your file after .....9 month? (.....early in the morning, I can't remember offhand how long warning letters remain in your file......)(.......wait,....warning letters can't be used for disciplinary purposes after 9? months.......they can remain in your file though.....ALWAYS rebut them.....)....."EDR"s are something rather new,......a warm and friendly chat,....a comfortable discussion over coffee about your failings as a team player.........When the "discussion" turns bitter and acrimonious, always halt the "discussion" and apply your Weingarten Rights.