ODFL | sub contracting??

southside stress

TB Lurker
Credits
Just wondering, this it is the new way of running road miles (sub contracting)). Is o#fl using them? I passed by your nashville service center in lavernge tn today and seen a couple Warner trailers in ur yard. Im not looking for a fight, just curious. You are the last company not to use them (nationwide LTL COMS).

I can't speak for the Nashville term.Around here alot of time other company trailers will be brought in to be load'd&moved up the road for that company.Also,we have a truckload company that has a office that they rent.There truck's come in&out&drop load's on our yard.I don't see it around here.We did have a truckload company bring in load's&we would unload&send out to final del point.
Just wondering, this it is the new way of running road miles (sub contracting)). Is o#fl using them? I passed by your nashville service center in lavernge tn today and seen a couple Warner trailers in ur yard. Im not looking for a fight, just curious. You are the last company not to use them (nationwide LTL COMS).

Those trailers are hauling our LTL freight. It's a new way to move things since the railroad is taking longer than ever these days. Hummer, Werner, Covenant & Knight bringing our freight to a break near you.

They've always used truckload to haul freight to the Northwest, more so now that railroads proved to be so incompetent at moving freight consistently. Probably not something your going to see system wide.

We were told out here in the Pac NW contractors are being used at a minimum simply because we don't have enough equipment to move it ourselves. Since the railroad has been removed, the teams are acting like the RR and what the company linehaul drivers cannot cover it goes on the outside carriers. Sounds like when new equipment arrives they will be cutting back on the outsiders as much as possible (We hope).

I hope they do cut this out ASAP, down in ATL I'm down to run a day sit a day... Question, we've got quite a few empty pups right now and about a dozen Werner vans out on the yard. If they're using Werner to pull 'excess' pacific nw freight, why not load it on pups if available and move it through the system even on solos? It might be harder to make service that way but at least we wouldn't be sitting around... Just a thought...

I hope they do cut this out ASAP, down in ATL I'm down to run a day sit a day... Question, we've got quite a few empty pups right now and about a dozen Werner vans out on the yard. If they're using Werner to pull 'excess' pacific nw freight, why not load it on pups if available and move it through the system even on solos? It might be harder to make service that way but at least we wouldn't be sitting around... Just a thought...

Don't put much thought into it... gonna be soft like this for the next 4 months. It is every year, take your vacations, get things done around the house because by Spring you'll be begging for time off.

We're the same at mfs. Run up to mfs and we'll get on a team truck thru the winter running nw so we can get the bills payed

Don't put much thought into it... gonna be soft like this for the next 4 months. It is every year, take your vacations, get things done around the house because by Spring you'll be begging for time off.

Yeah I know, last winter was such a spoiler though because we didn't slow down much at all.

No comment?

First I've gotten into tb all day lol... Might have to think about that, although I've got a friend of mine who is at Estes currently and once he gets his family moved down to ATL (he's already transferred to their terminal in ATL) he's putting in an app with us and we're going to run team. I'm just not sure when all this will take place. Hoping soon after Xmas. But if not I might take you up on it...

Come out west and play in the snow! Winter time ALL our wild guys run almost every night. We cannot triple, so come on we could use the help and your truck!

Come out west and play in the snow! Winter time ALL our wild guys run almost every night. We cannot triple, so come on we could use the help and your truck!

Song.. If you love your family, don't listen to bullwagon. Got to be insane to play in that stuff everynight. :D:D:D

We're the same at mfs. Run up to mfs and we'll get on a team truck thru the winter running nw so we can get the bills payed
I just made my first visit to MFS. REALLY cool terminal and the yard truck guys were super helpful and friendly. I ran little rock one day and was going to go to Springfield after but the bridges had a touch of ice from sleet and the traffic was SCREWED. I left yesterday and went to PAR then home to TUL. Had a nice visit with a senior driver named Nate who started for OD in '81. We talked about old trucks and such. It was a really enjoyable conversation.

The Werner trailers are not running our ltl. They are being dropped on our yard for us to deliver at a specific time, for a specific customer as we can meet those time frames for them.