XPO | Sub service moving LTL

They didn't give their paycheck to a nasty dirty ol' sub-service driver, they gave it back to Con-way so they can get their hundredth of a percent of a penny on the dollar back in VVP! I laugh every time they wave that bonus in front of my nose. If I lose out on thousands in wages the hundreds I make in that bonus doesn't amount to a hill of beans in my book.

No kidding. I might not like everything this company does, but I take the job seriously and do the best I can at loading/driving. But whenever something comes up, I love the line my SCM uses about more money in "our" pockets. Just funny to me. I dont care about the stupid bonus anyway.

No kidding. I might not like everything this company does, but I take the job seriously and do the best I can at loading/driving. But whenever something comes up, I love the line my SCM uses about more money in "our" pockets. Just funny to me. I dont care about the stupid bonus anyway.

Don't get me wrong I run to the bank and cash that bastard the next morning, but if it costs me money, earning extra in the VPP only helps the company, not me. They keep a MUCH bigger piece of that pie.

No, it was probably a temps. first day, being trained by another temp., with three days experience.
With 24 hours of service under there belt .. These guys qualify to be a safe stack expert , and they know everything there is to know about the freight business ...!

Just ask one .... :LMAO:

They didn't give their paycheck to a nasty dirty ol' sub-service driver, they gave it back to Con-way so they can get their hundredth of a percent of a penny on the dollar back in VVP! I laugh every time they wave that bonus in front of my nose. If I lose out on thousands in wages the hundreds I make in that bonus doesn't amount to a hill of beans in my book.

How in the heck do ya calculate a hundredth of a percent of a penny anyway .... Lol .. Maybe thats why these bonus ( more like boner ) checks are so small ..!

When he says " our " he isn't including " you ". The grey shirts get a significantly larger bonus share.

Does anyone know if Conway gives a large portion of the fuel surcharge per Shipment to the subservice guy or does the customer send it to the subservice carrier? Being we don't move it down highway, I'm sure Conway has the integrity to give up the charge to sub-service.

Does anyone know if Conway gives a large portion of the fuel surcharge per Shipment to the subservice guy or does the customer send it to the subservice carrier? Being we don't move it down highway, I'm sure Conway has the integrity to give up the charge to sub-service.

con-way sent me their business ethics package. They say they have integrity in everything they do, so we should too. So I am sure that they do not keep it all. Overheard a FOS one day saying its about 4k for a HSS pull from the west coast to NAT. I'm sure it costs more for us plus the wear and tear on the equipment

Some highly skilled dock star in lda loaded 4 thousand pounds of hazmat (poison) on a trailer the other night and didn't even scan it on , it was hauled all the way to tulsa with no placards and the driver didn't even know it was on there ..he's very lucky he didn't get checked in the chicken coop or have and accident ..! Prolly one of beerfd's trainees . Lol
did a via this past friday to pick two. 6000 lbs of 2.2 non flammable gas was scanned on, but no placards or anything. Why? the hazmat wizard in the handheld didnt catch it or it wasnt billed properly. Check le bills!

What they need to study is how many skilled drivers are walking out the door behind the use of sub-service... And I'll bet it takes a whole fleet of brainiacs to figure that one out ...!

I'm soon to be one of them. Sick and tired of arguing with them over this and seeing my pay decrease every year. I simply don't care anymore due to the fact that we as a company constantly wasting money on stupid things and there is no end in sight because the only pockets it hurts are the drivers. They care more about making sure people who aren't even employees of THIS company have work than seeing us work. Cut runs,waste money, cut runs,waste money.

Yep exactly! It is an insult and a F'n joke compared to the bonuses we used to get. I just did a quick run down on my projected bonus before taxes for this year. It came out to .22923077 per hour based on a 65 hour work week which is pretty close to what I average.

There so worried about trying to run yrc out of business, they forgot about the employees who got em where they are today. Sad

Yep exactly! It is an insult and a F'n joke compared to the bonuses we used to get. I just did a quick run down on my projected bonus before taxes for this year. It came out to .22923077 per hour based on a 65 hour work week which is pretty close to what I average.

That's jacked up ... We get a $6.00 bonus and the boss gets a $6,000,000.00 bonus , something is wrong with this picture !

con-way sent me their business ethics package. They say they have integrity in everything they do, so we should too. So I am sure that they do not keep it all. Overheard a FOS one day saying its about 4k for a HSS pull from the west coast to NAT. I'm sure it costs more for us plus the wear and tear on the equipment

I'm surprised anybody could even figure out that stupid question. I congratulate you century.

While back, we had a van that come in looking like hell. subservice driver explaining, to fos, he had to make a panic stop for whatever reason. When he walked out , he laughed and said it probably won't be the last time either. So sick of cleaning up after these jackasses , that don't even work here. They brake check that freight all the time.

While back, we had a van that come in looking like hell. subservice driver explaining, to fos, he had to make a panic stop for whatever reason. When he walked out , he laughed and said it probably won't be the last time either. So sick of cleaning up after these jackasses , that don't even work here. They brake check that freight all the time.

SafeStack would have prevented the freight moving around and getting damaged, or so they told me in training when they rolled it out. WAIT!!! Crst and Werner don't have that in THEIR trailers! Never mind...

Lol I'm surprised we haven't made it a stipulation of the contract that ad transport has safestack in their trailers!!!

I exercise the integrity star everyday. It represents doing the right thing. I tell the customer that safe stack is just a smoke screen to make you feel good. Were gonna stack on your freight. Thanks for shipping With werner I mean Conway