Subaru

My inlaws have this one, and absolutely love it.

images

It's foreign lol

Yes, so is my Jetta, they make a better car hands down, always have. I will buy an American car when they can match the foreign auto makers, If VW made a full size pickup I would buy one of those, it sucks when a person can only get 150k out of a vehicle before it starts to die a quick death.

Anyone here drive/own one, if so what are your thoughts on the vehicle?

I bought a Legacy wagon new in 2005. Just turned 95,000 trouble free miles in it. I wore out the original tires at about 65,000 miles. Changed the oil and filter every 5,000 miles, replaced the air filter once. At 105,000 I will be replacing the timing belt.

Great car. Drives like a sports car, is quick and nimble. When I go skiing I don't have to chain up as it is all wheel drive.

0115aMountLoopDrive.jpg

Subaru manufactures all cars sold in North America in a plant in Indiana.

So do all the other "imports".

Still foreign, lol. Plus, that's all I know about them. Can't say I wouldn't buy one though. Never really looked into VW or any of those. I've been dealing with the same dealer since 2007, so I go back to them for all my cars and service.

We have a 2013 outback and my mil has a 2010 forester both are great cars my wife loves the subie in the snow most sure footed car she has ever drove she tells me.Ours has the 2.5 4cyl with the new variable valve timing and new timing chain no more belts.It also has the cvt tranny in the summer she get 29-31 mpg consistently. 7500 mile oil changes with 0w20 synthetic oil . My only complaint is the interior lights are dim but im converting to led so let there be light. All in all we are very happy with the subaru outback. Chk out the subaru outback forum lots of useful info!!! My buddys wife has a 09 forester she is a midwife and has a long commute to work the think has 70000 miles on it and still running on original front brakes and he has threw a set pads on rear and oil changes thats all he has done to that car and she dont let no grass grow under her feet she lets it roll on a consistent basis! !!! All I can tell ya is go test drive em we did and fell in love we dicked with our local dealer which is an a $$ so we called another ddealer 3 hrs away and saved 2000.00 and no hassles. I do the maintenance on my vehicles so its all good I bought a case of subaru filters and away we go.13000 miles and so far so good!!! Happy hunting Grocerythrower any more questions feel free to pm me I will try and help!!! Again we love our subie!!!!

Thanks SS, I know they are good cars, I just want some more feedback, thinking of trading off the Jetta.

It'll do wonders for your "bohemian hipster" image GT. You'll be getting hit on by grey haired hippy chicks with hairy armpits in peasant dresses. Enjoy!

I bought a Legacy wagon new in 2005. Just turned 95,000 trouble free miles in it. I wore out the original tires at about 65,000 miles. Changed the oil and filter every 5,000 miles, replaced the air filter once. At 105,000 I will be replacing the timing belt.

Great car. Drives like a sports car, is quick and nimble. When I go skiing I don't have to chain up as it is all wheel drive.

0115aMountLoopDrive.jpg

Damn it son I dont know where ya are but Im thinkin my old ass would need an oxygen tank.

Damn it son I dont know where ya are but Im thinkin my old ass would need an oxygen tank.

On a forest service road off of the Mount Loop highway. That is Big Four mountain in the background, where the Big Four Ice Caves are. It is only about 1,000 foot elevation where the car is, so oxygen isn't needed.

I figured you would tell the specifics so I can determine if I want it or not.

Geez dude, I was waiting for you to ask, its an 09, I bought it with 16k, I got around 46k on it now I think, 4 door, I won't have any thing but a 4 door, 2.5 liter 5 speed manual, cloth interior, I take care of my rides so its clean, I run full synthetic in it, its got a huge trunk, I haven't done any mods to it other than a blue light under the pax floorboard, its got a kick ass factory sound system.

Thats about it.

Geez dude, I was waiting for you to ask, its an 09, I bought it with 16k, I got around 46k on it now I think, 4 door, I won't have any thing but a 4 door, 2.5 liter 5 speed manual, cloth interior, I take care of my rides so its clean, I run full synthetic in it, its got a huge trunk, I haven't done any mods to it other than a blue light under the pax floorboard, its got a kick ass factory sound system.

Thats about it.
So far so good, and what kind of gas mileage does it get? If it was diesel I'd be on my way already.