Subaru

So far so good, and what kind of gas mileage does it get? If it was diesel I'd be on my way already.

I never figured it, I know its good based on how often I fill up, I drive the speed limit or less, all my miles are city, well, I run highway all the way to work with 2 stop lights and 2 stop signs, total of 19 miles one way, I have been meaning to check it but I always forget.

Beware, ABFer. I've seen it. He's got fiberglass body kits all over it. A big azz coffee can exhaust. Small mud flaps with chrome ladies. Neon lights under the chassis......:p

Don't forget the curb feelers.

Curb feelers so remind me of the years I spent living in the suburbs of Detroit.
101_2410.jpg

Yes, so is my Jetta, they make a better car hands down, always have. I will buy an American car when they can match the foreign auto makers, If VW made a full size pickup I would buy one of those, it sucks when a person can only get 150k out of a vehicle before it starts to die a quick death.
Last car I owned was a 73 Barracuda. It's been American made pickups ever since. Before I retired , I would buy a new American made pickup and keep it ten years. Trade her in with a couple of hundred thousand low maintenance miles on it. Perhaps the difference is for years, I commuted 114 miles a day to work and back.

Last car I owned was a 73 Barracuda. It's been American made pickups ever since. Before I retired , I would buy a new American made pickup and keep it ten years. Trade her in with a couple of hundred thousand low maintenance miles on it. Perhaps the difference is for years, I commuted 114 miles a day to work and back.

Could be Mud, I buy Dodge pickups, but if VW made one I would buy that, I don't like the Toyota or Nissan trucks, my ex wife had Nissan and the van we bought was a super duper lemon, I've been gun shy ever since. I know folks swear by their Subaru's I prefer VW but I'm getting tired of the Jetta, IDK why but I just am.

Personally, I think the 2.5 NA is too anemic for that car if you live in an area with mountains/steep grades. The 3.6 is solid. The 6sp M/T is a great transaxle. I don't have any first hand knowledge about the CVT.

Only the Tribeca is made in Indiana now if that matters to you. The Camry is made at the same plant. Currently the only two models made there. The Outback production is back in Japan. Both my Subies were made in Japan.

Have you spent any time on Subaru Outback - Subaru Outback Forums ?

Personally, I think the 2.5 NA is too anemic for that car if you live in an area with mountains/steep grades. The 3.6 is solid. The 6sp M/T is a great transaxle. I don't have any first hand knowledge about the CVT.

Only the Tribeca is made in Indiana now if that matters to you. The Camry is made at the same plant. Currently the only two models made there. The Outback production is back in Japan. Both my Subies were made in Japan.

I haven't been on the forms but I will visit them, there must be a wealth of information there!

Thank you Brother!

Subaru and Toyota share a plant? They're not under the same corporation are they? And speaking of the Camry, I just canned my '92 Corolla about five months ago. 240,000 miles with the original water pump, starter, brake rotors and drums, clutch, shocks and more on it. It finally rusted out and I was not sorry to see it go. I never really liked the car, it was fire engine (dork) red but it was cheap to own. I got it used off a man's estate with low mileage. Toyotas are more expensive to buy than a lot of their counterparts but the lack maintenance costs makes up for it.

Our outback does fine with the 2.5 and cvt the new ones 2013 and up have more torque and hp than the previous 2.5 , It does fine for us !!!