Subaru

I can't help it. I just got to go fast.
:hysterical:
Been there done that, well...still there actually. Is one reason I prefer flying. Fast, no traffic, no speed limits (well there are but my moped of an airplane ain't getting close). So...what do you tell the copper when he leans into your window and asks, "Do you know why I pulled you and your Beemer over?".

Hwy 64 eastern TN.
n081.jpg
I might check that out this summer, maybe run across 64 between I-26 to I-75

What a ride.
ijet.jpg

Ruh roh!

I got a pass on this one last September in Ohio.

11872505413_7539168254_b.jpg

I had an OD load on, and is states I have to keep it under Warp Speed. Let it roll out a bit on a slight downgrade. When the Trooper asked for my OD permit I made sure the provision sheets were with it. Big ticket if they aren't I guess.

He commented that not many drivers remember that part, and I asked if that might earn me some leniency.

It did.

He gave me a finger wag and cut me loose.

You can bet I was going 5 under for the rest of the day!

Y'all should go drive (or ride) the Tail of the Dragon, Deal's Gap, on the Tennessee/North Carolina line, US-129.
A lot of idiots ride that, now that it's all over the internet..lol. Kind of a tourists trap now, like the Blue Ridge Parkway, unless you go when it's cold, and I just can't ride in the cold anymore, unless I get some cortisone shots..lol.

Please take it to the track....an HPDE if you have to. (1) You don't risk jeopardizing your livelihood by losing your license. (2) you don't risk ruining someone elses' day when you run out of talent...unless they signed up to accept the same risks (3) it will improve your driving.

/preaching

Please take it to the track....an HPDE if you have to. (1) You don't risk jeopardizing your livelihood by losing your license. (2) you don't risk ruining someone elses' day when you run out of talent...unless they signed up to accept the same risks (3) it will improve your driving.

/preaching
I wish you would have told me this 30+ years ago. I'd be about $10,000 richer.

I got the need for speed. Problem is I have a teeny tiny pocketbook.

I enjoy flying through the southern end of the Chesapeake Bay when I go that way. ATC broadcasts on VHF and UHF at the same time. I can't hear the replies but I do get to hear ATC give BlackJack and Anrgry1 their orders. I make sure I'm clear of Angry1. Once when I was scud running at my ceiling of 10,000' or so two fighters cruised by in formation about a mile off the starboard side. They had twin tails straight up, that would tell someone who knows what they were. I only know that F-18's were not it. I'm going to guess F-14s as opposed to F-15's.

I wonder who this idiot is on his freshly painted blue bike dragging the foot pegs.

Last edited by a moderator:
I enjoy flying through the southern end of the Chesapeake Bay when I go that way. ATC broadcasts on VHF and UHF at the same time. I can't hear the replies but I do get to hear ATC give BlackJack and Anrgry1 their orders. I make sure I'm clear of Angry1. Once when I was scud running at my ceiling of 10,000' or so two fighters cruised by in formation about a mile off the starboard side. They had twin tails straight up, that would tell someone who knows what they were. I only know that F-18's were not it. I'm going to guess F-14s as opposed to F-15's.
Tom Cruise raced an F14 with my bike in "Top Gun"...lol

Ruh roh!

I got a pass on this one last September in Ohio.

11872505413_7539168254_b.jpg

I had an OD load on, and is states I have to keep it under Warp Speed. Let it roll out a bit on a slight downgrade. When the Trooper asked for my OD permit I made sure the provision sheets were with it. Big ticket if they aren't I guess.

He commented that not many drivers remember that part, and I asked if that might earn me some leniency.

It did.

He gave me a finger wag and cut me loose.

You can bet I was going 5 under for the rest of the day!
Are you SURE that was Ohio?? I don't see any potholes..lol