XPO | Subservice again, Yahoo..

There is a increase in a attitude among service providers who quit giving a *******. Toss you the package or whatever it is you are paying for and dont give a damn right now. Not just trucking.

We’re seeing them come in again to our terminal. Customers are telling me we’re the cheapest too ship with. They seem reluctant to use us but the need to go cheaper is Overriding. They call us in for a pickup and cross their fingers it will arrive unscathed.
Our terminal again is at overcapacity and service is diminishing again. Missing many pickups . Here we go again.

oh yeah , are TM and 2 CSR quit.

I generally fly all of my computer parts air cargo even if I pay a little extra to do it. Its in Little Rock within 20 hours or so. Sometimes at my house in less than a day if the order goes out at sunrise monday.

The last time I ordered a harddrive it sat in a trailer for 4 days in the SW and baked. It failed a few days after install. I threw it away. Never again.

I generally fly all of my computer parts air cargo even if I pay a little extra to do it. Its in Little Rock within 20 hours or so. Sometimes at my house in less than a day if the order goes out at sunrise monday.

The last time I ordered a harddrive it sat in a trailer for 4 days in the SW and baked. It failed a few days after install. I threw it away. Never again.
Hmmm, OK .

We’re seeing them come in again to our terminal. Customers are telling me we’re the cheapest too ship with. They seem reluctant to use us but the need to go cheaper is Overriding. They call us in for a pickup and cross their fingers it will arrive unscathed.
Our terminal again is at overcapacity and service is diminishing again. Missing many pickups . Here we go again.

oh yeah , are TM and 2 CSR quit.
It’s not cheaper they are looking for. We don’t have the staff to service the customer (I know that word “service“ has been absent for so long around here). Not saying $ isn’t a factor though..

What the hell are you doing on that computer to wear out parts??

It’s not cheaper they are looking for. We don’t have the staff to service the customer (I know that word “service“ has been absent for so long around here). Not saying $ isn’t a factor though..
Yes service has been lost. I can only go By what customers tell me and others at our barn When it come to pricing. It may also be a regional thing. We had particular bad time at our barn for many months so maybe their just trying to lure back customers. We lost about all of our local accounts.

Just curious how other reships have seen an uptick in subservice recently out of the blue..
They been loading Subs out of XMI. When I asked about it I was told it was to fix equipment shortages. I don't see it I know of two lane that went home on empties last week. One loaded 3 subs went home on 6 mtys another load one sub and went home on 2mtys. Must be some college ed thing going on. If we take 8 pup to XMI and none of use bobtail home we leave with 8 pups?????? 2+2=5. I guess we have former white house staffers working for us now.

What the hell are you doing on that computer to wear out parts??
Ive got parts sitting on the shelf almost 30 years now. Some of which are worn out. One computer is approaching 20 years of constant use. This current desktop is at 9 years 24/7 up time. Its solid state drives now. No moving parts. The ram is getting iffy and the video cards are 17 years old. All of which will be replaced at some point.

My builds run between 4 years to 20 years depending on reliability of whats in them. Sometimes parts wear out, burn up or simply brick. It does not happen too often. Those are then new parts put in old ones thrown away and thats that. We move on.

A third box has about 6 years standby it only gets turned on a few times a year as a spare. When necessary and there is a 10 year old think pad backing the whole shebang.

I am planning two new builds and one rebuild. However medical bills are first before anything.

At the present time its not a priority for electronics now. We just backed up everything to a 10 tera brick drive and stuck that into a off site safe. Its going to sit there 10 years or more ready to go at a moment's notice booting from USB. That one is solid state.

My internet has been very crappy this month. I am half tempted to go to the provider and tell them to stuff it after over 25 years with them. But consider that we are in a state of war with Russia and its possible that we are as a Nation enduring attacks over the internet causing my carefully configured router to defend itself where necessary.

There are two closets full of parts. And several chests. If I had to from the two empty computer cases, I can probably install and build from whatever is laying around in them two complete working computers, Linux redhat or windows. One or the other in a few hours. And they will work.

Not too long ago I had the electrictian install 30 amp T service at the wall with a very light fast fault breaker on it. It will likely trip on a tiny short anywhere before the computer power supply does. I have reached the limits of 15A service at the current wall on the box I use. If I need more power in future builds its there ready to go. Its about 50 a month to feed it all.

Last edited:
Ive got parts sitting on the shelf almost 30 years now. Some of which are worn out. One computer is approaching 20 years of constant use. This current desktop is at 9 years 24/7 up time. Its solid state drives now. No moving parts. The ram is getting iffy and the video cards are 17 years old. All of which will be replaced at some point.

My builds run between 4 years to 20 years depending on reliability of whats in them. Sometimes parts wear out, burn up or simply brick. It does not happen too often. Those are then new parts put in old ones thrown away and thats that. We move on.

A third box has about 6 years standby it only gets turned on a few times a year as a spare. When necessary and there is a 10 year old think pad backing the whole shebang.

I am planning two new builds and one rebuild. However medical bills are first before anything.

At the present time its not a priority for electronics now. We just backed up everything to a 10 tera brick drive and stuck that into a off site safe. Its going to sit there 10 years or more ready to go at a moment's notice booting from USB. That one is solid state.

My internet has been very crappy this month. I am half tempted to go to the provider and tell them to stuff it after over 25 years with them. But consider that we are in a state of war with Russia and its possible that we are as a Nation enduring attacks over the internet causing my carefully configured router to defend itself where necessary.

There are two closets full of parts. And several chests. If I had to from the two empty computer cases, I can probably install and build from whatever is laying around in them two complete working computers, Linux redhat or windows. One or the other in a few hours. And they will work.

Not too long ago I had the electrictian install 30 amp T service at the wall with a very light fast fault breaker on it. It will likely trip on a tiny short anywhere before the computer power supply does. I have reached the limits of 15A service at the current wall on the box I use. If I need more power in future builds its there ready to go. Its about 50 a month to feed it all.

Your router is defending itself from what again? How?

Even if Russiagate wasn't a lie, what's on your computers that's of interest to a State level actor?