Central Transport | Success or failure

runawaytrain

Wear their scorn with pride.
Credits
Without knowing what this family expected in this buyout it's hard to say whether it was a success or failure. If they expected to retain most of the accounts and most of the long term drivers with the great safety records then they truly failed. But if they only expected the equipment and a few choice properties then they have success. My money is on they knew what they wanted and were prepared for the fallout. I truly believe the family views this buyout as a complete success. We were just collateral damage that were expendable.....It was planned and the implementation was spot on.

Without knowing what this family expected in this buyout it's hard to say whether it was a success or failure. If they expected to retain most of the accounts and most of the long term drivers with the great safety records then they truly failed. But if they only expected the equipment and a few choice properties then they have success. My money is on they knew what they wanted and were prepared for the fallout. I truly believe the family views this buyout as a complete success. We were just collateral damage that were expendable.....It was planned and the implementation was spot on.

Train I couldn't agree more, I think what the Maroons saw was an opportunity to get the GM account back (even if only for a limited time) and get rid of a major competitor at the same time since Vitran had gotten to the point where a lot of customers were using us only for our price just like a lot of the customers that use CT use them for their price (both very low), now bargain hunters have one less carrier to choose from, if they want cheap rates they will go with CT, if they want good service and quality they will have to choose one of the higher priced carriers, Vitran while not perfect was able to be a bridge between cheap and quality and offer both.

Spot on. (And what most of us veteran Detroit drivers knew from the very beginning).

I would LOVE to know what the attrition rate was at the Detroit terminal compared to the others. My theory is that those closest to Matty (Detroit terminal) knew what a low-down skunk the guy was before we ever came here. We knew what to expect based on his previous actions, and we prepared for it. We started lining up new gigs earlier.
My guess? -The mass Exodus is far from over.

Train I couldn't agree more, I think what the Maroons saw was an opportunity to get the GM account back (even if only for a limited time) and get rid of a major competitor at the same time since Vitran had gotten to the point where a lot of customers were using us only for our price just like a lot of the customers that use CT use them for their price (both very low), now bargain hunters have one less carrier to choose from, if they want cheap rates they will go with CT, if they want good service and quality they will have to choose one of the higher priced carriers, Vitran while not perfect was able to be a bridge between cheap and quality and offer both.

I think you are exactly correct.

Train.. Two days ago you told me it (the merger) was a success and the Morouns don't know failure.. Lol. Glad to see you taking a second look at this.

I'm not a business man so I don't know if it was a success or failure I no a lot of us are jumping ship I think it might have been a bit of a failure but it shy have been a success central does some things right and vitran did some things right

We were told by Stamper that CT expected to pick up 22% of Vitran's business if Vitran was allowed to go under, broke, and out of business.. Stamper said this number was unacceptable to the Morouns. Therefore, they spent 2million, plus assumed Vitrans debt to buy Vitran and it's customers... What happened next?? Not only did they lose the vast majority of Vitran's customers, they lose a bunch of their own customers.. Shippers need their frieght moved, they need their customers serviced, they need some piece of mind... CT doesn't offer that, if they did, VItran would have gone out of business years ago.

We were told by Stamper that CT expected to pick up 22% of Vitran's business if Vitran was allowed to go under, broke, and out of business.. Stamper said this number was unacceptable to the Morouns. Therefore, they spent 2million, plus assumed Vitrans debt to buy Vitran and it's customers... What happened next?? Not only did they lose the vast majority of Vitran's customers, they lose a bunch of their own customers.. Shippers need their frieght moved, they need their customers serviced, they need some piece of mind... CT doesn't offer that, if they did, VItran would have gone out of business years ago.
I'm not a business man so I don't know figures but I know facts eventually come out. If this is true heads should roll starting at the top but I'll give it another week especially if I get this other job