Yellow | Summary of the Agreement for the Restructuring of the YRCWorldwide

and our health funds is already under what it needs now so with more years of underpayment that means even more out of my pocket

If you notice the huge increases in health care ins premiums going on due to Obamacare you will understand why this is so necessary. I don't know what kind of health care you get where ever you are , still hiding that info , but here in the west it is basically free. I belong to Kaiser Permanente and they pretty much pay for everything.

You know I see both sides. It is a choice that you have to live with. When you factor in our family's our options get smaller and the companies know this. So lets take it one step at a time. If you look at this mess of a proposal the first impression you get is WOW all it will cost me extra is one weeks vacation. Nothing could be farther from the truth. On the matter of the pension they do not promise that YRC will be accepted back in at 25% of the July 2009 rate. Just do the math. It would probably cost more in administrative fee's than the $1.75 to over see the contribution. It cost over 100 million dollars a year to over see the CSPF alone. So don't expect that to happen. Because after all we all know they can not afford another expense at any of the funds. But it looks and sounds good. Now about the H&W payments. They are going to reduce them to 35 cents where I believe the agreed to amount was to be $1.00. So if that is correct you will be voting to reduce your contribution amount and we all know where that is going to go. Lower the contribution amount and lower the benifits. if you don't think so just ask the central Penn. Teamsters that work for YRC. I believe it is called the YRC-13 plan and it is almost like having no insurance at all. That is just the tip of the iceberg. If they were not honest from day one they are only getting worse. If this passes and they can erase any and all the work rules across the country you will see older Teamsters being punished and replaced by 4 hour part timers. Remember to them it is business to us it is personal. That is what I was trying to show I do not want 25000 Teamsters on unemployment. But that seems to be what they have in store for all of us. Now is the time to say NO more disrespect. From both YRC and the IBT. We the truck driving Teamsters of this country have had enough.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well now we are getting somewhere Fr8holler. I thought you were being mean and glad YRC was going to pay 65c less into the H&W funds. I now see you misunderstood. No they are not going to put an extra 35c over and above the $1.00. Their going to put 65c less than agreed in the NMFA. Just ask the YRC Teamsters in Central Penn. Fund. Their insurance is almost nothing. No dental really big co pays and deductibles. With that said and you being mistaken I see no problem getting our friendship back on a SMOOOOTH PATH. BFF. lol

The 15% wage concession would continue for 4.5 years, with annual increases of 40c-45c-40c-40c, minus the 15%. Health and welfare continue as at present, with annual bumps of 35c to keep it funded

States, Southeast and Southwest Areas Health and Welfare Fund.
For the increase in the contribution rate due August 1, 2008 and on
each August 1 of the Agreement, the Supplemental Negotiating
Committees shall allocate the one dollar per hour ($1.00 per hour)
contribution rate increases due each year of the Agreement between
the Pension and Health and Welfare Funds. PS What about our BFF?

There is no 100 % guarantee of anything as far as that goes. We can vote yes and still see the doors close next year. This depression is not over yet.

I have one big problem with this kind of thinking.... if the depression, recession, or whatever you want to call it has caused this problem, then why isn't ABF involved in all this and both company's working together to try to re-do the master freight contract?
No, the economy might have escalated the situation, but the bottom line is that this is a 100% bad management situation!
They put these good company's into the hole, they took the BIG bonus's and now we are left holding the bag and there trying to fill it with Dong! Roadway, Newpenn, and all of USF was profitable until yellow got a hold of them.. too bad we cant file a law suit against zollers and his cronies for destroying so many good jobs and company's

It just makes you sick doesn't it? In real life when we make a mistake we pay. In their world they make a mistake WE PAY! Some will keep paying and complaining. Some will stand up and fight back and accept what God has in store for them. Now I'm not saying this is a crusade. But we are in a fight for our lives. And YRC and the IBT is not helping us. Just read and get the facts before you vote. And don't vote out of FEAR. It will always result in making the WRONG DECISION!

pension.jpg

Anyone that thinks they will start paying this when this date comes around, I got a slightly used bridge I want to sell them.

If YRC closes Central States will probably go bankrupt and look at all the guys who will get a huge reduction in there pension and all the insurance coverage could drop. And in response to strokers comment, yes it will bring down your total average, but that will take a while, and you wont loose the contributions that have been paid in at the high rate.
Baldy,I do not agree with your thoughts on the pension,I beleive the while the time will be counted the fact they were at the higher rate will mean little as benifits will be calculated at the lower rate,and beleive they will be reduced immedietely.Take a minute an read the letter put out by Central States to the locals dated Oct. 1,2010.That letter makes me beleive the changes will come quickly.

Northern Flash thinks this is fair I guess, he questions my indication of a bad smell and wants me to elaborate, so. You want me to elaborate on my sense of smell? Why? Do you have a cold? You believe that this is the best Tyson could do? I stand by what I said. This proposal is too far. At the very least, why till 2015? This economy is in it's longest period of recession. It is estimated that it will begin to take off in the latter months of 2011. Why are we locked in till 2015? No openers! If this passes, we will be the suckers! Time will tell. See ya!

I have reconsider my post. I will be voting "YES" for this giveback. I am not happy with my decision but after quite alot of thought and "Prayer". I have relented. I will do my job as always and count my blessing. This in no way makes me happy. Not that long ago I put out a resume. I had one company answer me, my driving record is clean and I am a million miler. That one company was US Express. Not going their. No way. So all I have to say to my fellow Teamsters is think hard and do not leave God out of your decision. Pray about it.

why not go there and not try to bring us down to their level with your yes vote .

Every one of us has one Veto to use, our veto will knock out one of the opponents votes.. the side with any Vetoes left over wins! So instead of arguing with those who wish to vote opposite of you, Just pick one person and tell him his vote is null and void.. you just erased it with your vote!
WARNING.... This tends to really **** people off telling them that!

why not go there and not try to bring us down to their level with your yes vote .

Wow! "bring us downto their level". Let me tell you that everyone has rights. That may be a foreign concept to you and others but, I've paid my dues in this Union and on the strike line with this company and others. It is the right of Union members to vote how they feel. It does not suggest that they are less of a man or are mentally inept. It is a "Right". Get over it and grow up.

I agree, some people call it stupid for voting no. There conditions are different from others. Roadmen will vote yes because they are the moneymakers in the company. But what happens when June rolls around and YRC can't make the 25%? What happens if New Penn votes yes and YRC votes no? We have been threaten over at new Penn, if we vote it down, we will be shut down and yellow workers will take our place. If we vote yes and yellow votes no, do we go over there? Make your own minds up brothers and don't criticize another mans vote, that sounds like management. Remember, 6 months from now, the management will get their money back again. We will still be forced to sell our cars and homes and even more give backs will be ask of us. How come we are not allowed to suggest a shorter period to give back? Is the union going to let ABF hold the whole pension payment by themselves? There are a lot of things we don't know about, and I believe this will pass and I will accept it because we all voted as a union, but my vote is still NO!

I agree, some people call it stupid for voting no. There conditions are different from others. Roadmen will vote yes because they are the moneymakers in the company. But what happens when June rolls around and YRC can't make the 25%? What happens if New Penn votes yes and YRC votes no? We have been threaten over at new Penn, if we vote it down, we will be shut down and yellow workers will take our place. If we vote yes and yellow votes no, do we go over there? Make your own minds up brothers and don't criticize another mans vote, that sounds like management. Remember, 6 months from now, the management will get their money back again. We will still be forced to sell our cars and homes and even more give backs will be ask of us. How come we are not allowed to suggest a shorter period to give back? Is the union going to let ABF hold the whole pension payment by themselves? There are a lot of things we don't know about, and I believe this will pass and I will accept it because we all voted as a union, but my vote is still NO!

What kind of person calls another "stupid" for voting "yes or no". You have the right to vote the way you choose. The only thing that I could add to your post is that the investors want the requested time frame that your stating.
I will be voting 'Yes' because it is not a great sacrifice considering what we have already given. I believe that we are at the end of the givebacks. I will add that as of today, 445,000 new unemployment claims were filed this week with the government. I am glad that I am not one of them. 1 in 5 people will possibly lose their home soon or by the end of next year. I am glad that I am not one of them. Hopefully this country can come out of this soon. We may either be out of a job by voting ourselves out or if we can survive long enough to go to another job when they are availiable. I again will vote "YES" to bide my time. God willing!

The reason why I will not go their is because it is my right to vote anyway I choose. I am not taking anyone anywhere. You apparently are not a person who believes in the Union. We are a democracy, not a dictatorship. I even question whether you are a Union brother.

What kind of person calls another "stupid" for voting "yes or no". You have the right to vote the way you choose. The only thing that I could add to your post is that the investors want the requested time frame that your stating.
I will be voting 'Yes' because it is not a great sacrifice considering what we have already given. I believe that we are at the end of the givebacks. I will add that as of today, 445,000 new unemployment claims were filed this week with the government. I am glad that I am not one of them. 1 in 5 people will possibly lose their home soon or by the end of next year. I am glad that I am not one of them. Hopefully this country can come out of this soon. We may either be out of a job by voting ourselves out or if we can survive long enough to go to another job when they are availiable. I again will vote "YES" to bide my time. God willing!
Hopefully this country can come out of this soon ? I don't see this happening not with the way the jobs are being off shored and outsourced to cheap labor countries . Jobs that Americans had are leaving in droves . And thanks to the right wing of the Supreme court with their decision on champagne finances the U S Chamber of commerce is able to collect millions from foreign countries to influence votes [ they say its not legal for foreign countries to influence U S elections ] here and because they are a not for profit organization they do not have to claim where the money is coming from [ there's a clause in the laws that govern not for profit organizations ]. As I watch the foreign contributors are targeting the republicans with their money because they know that when the republicans get back in charge of the country they will be shipping more jobs to the countries that gave them money . Ya have to wonder why the companies always favor the republicans and its because the republicans favor business over labor .Republicans call themselves conservative , ya because they want the companies to conserve on what you earn and conserve on your benefits that why they make it easy to off shore jobs that the American workers had .:ranting2: