Sunday Night Breifing

MikeJ

TB Veteran
Credits
Hi everyone,

Well tomorrow I have 6 days straight of work Monday-Saturday because of labor day. How many of you have to work on Saturday as well?

This past week Thursday was very busy for me, 37 kegs and 400+ cases, 25 stops 6 of them down town. This weekend 100,000 people were down town the Cleveland Browns had a pre season game and the Cleveland Indians also had a game and our arena foot ball team had a championship game.

Saturday night I went cruising and all the RTA rapid transit (Cleveland's commuter rail system) stations were packed. Also the fair grounds had there October fest which really doesn't effect me that much because I run the lower west side about 25 blocks away from down town.

Any how, I expect I'll have plenty of empty's to pick up on Thursday and hope that this Thursday goes smoother then last Thursday. I got home at like 8:30pm at night had been out all day. I did have a helper for my last few stops which helped. Actually what I had the helper do was call all of the customers I had left to go and tell them we would be a tad late. Most of them were fine with that.

I really don't know what to expect. I think the best way to go about any odd stops that I don't normally do from here on out is take care of my regular customers first and then go and do the extras. No matter what happens someone is going to get there stuff later then normal any how so oh well. Like Lazlo said if the route is set up to fail then it fails no matter who is on it.

I was talking to a driver I know at Hillcrest Foods he showed me his Friday load it was 600 cases divided by I don't know how many stops. He said the 600 cases wasn't the problem, but the logistics of the route were. Said he wouldn't get to his last stop until 7:00pm on Friday night, big Italian Restaurant, I asked him "what place can take delivery in the middle of a diner rush on Friday night?" He said "There in lies the rub." He said it gets awful dicey sometimes and sometimes salesmen come and take stuff off the truck to get it to the customers. Thank God my Friday isn't like that (I hope they don't try to make it like that) I got done just a hair before 2:30pm on Friday and was home (I live kind of far from work) by 4:15pm after I get back and do my paper work, park the truck post trip all that jazz.

Any how here is to hoping and praying we all have tolerable weeks this week 6 days makes for a long work week however, my Monday and Friday are not bad days Wednesday and Thursday are my heaviest days.

Any how like SGT Phil Esterhaus from the 1980's TV show Hill Street Blues said "Hey, let's be careful out there"

Work on Saturdays? How primitive, LOL. Seriously though, I have work enough Saturdays to last me a life time. No working weekends for me anymore or holidays.

No 6 days to cover for the holiday off, we have to work Labor Day. Hopefully be light enough I can turn around and just go back home.

Holiday off AND you get paid OT? (real OT, not Sysco's goofy calculation on the DIP pay)
You sir are a show off.
LOL. Yup, holidays off, paid @8 hours. We are still paid hourly, none of this ABC crap. Been there, done that.