R&L | Supervisors in Wilmington ready to walk.

driver9

TB Lurker
Credits
After talking with some of the supervisors out of WIL most think the company is sinking faster than we are to believe.
The influx of DHL supervisors has been a disaster. How can a package supervisor know how to process freight? Others are saying Z couldnt run a dock unless he had two cases of beer and 5 Playboy Bunnies helping him. Theres more and more NON R&L trailers every day. One supervisor came up with a new slogan " Pride in our Pockets and Pride in our Properties "
The company continues to loose the stability of long term knowledge and loyalty. It will take years to recover if we do.

I mentioned L1's dream in a previous post. He dreamed someone close to him destroys the company. I believe the person he dreamed of has said and done the following;

I quote "It's a great day for R&L" this was said on a Sunday before two long term, loyal (Sales) employees were let go.

Let's buy $6000.00 dollar video machines for the drivers room.
MS just rolled his eyes in disbelief. Great way to train drivers by having them speed, run over other truckers and break as many laws as they can to win the game.

Quote " This is another great day for R&L. we will never hire another driver. We are going to lease our drivers from Paramount Leasing. We will pay 4 dollars less and hour and double their insurance. We need to distance ourselves from Paramount because we dont want everyone to know we own it."

These statements were made to many upper level managers
when he was trying to sell it to them. The first question was how do we respond when current employees say we will fire them and hire cheaper drivers. His response was simple, get JC on the phone and let him talk to them. (JC did sell used cars before he became a VP) Trying to sell these points in the drivers room he embarresed B19 asked him in front of a large group of driver "Hey you use to make $8/hour at the Shell station didnt you? Make a lot more now dont you. See you can hire people for a lot less than what we pay R&L drivers. But dont worry we love ya and nothing will happen to our current employees."

I guess that statement wasnt true. The Creating our own economy statement has only worked for YRC and DHL employees that have run thier companies in the ground and are moving on to a new adventure.

Employees dont destroy companies, incompetant management does, especially upper level managment. :popcorn:

Here is the solution!!! Stop using these no good, .32cpm, pieces of crap outfits like Southern Cal, Jamestown, Link, England, CRST, JB HUNT, Landstar, Navajo...God knows who else. Hire back the RL teams and linehauls that they have outsourced and start kickin *** again!! The service failures are through the friggin roof in the west because of using these outfits.

excellent point, mothertrucker.... what happens when the economy is back in good shape??? r&l has got used to paying for cheaper labor and less insurance.... r&l linehaul and team drivers are out of jobs and forced to take lesser paying jobs, how is that taking care of their employees?

Here is the solution!!! Stop using these no good, .32cpm, pieces of crap outfits like Southern Cal, Jamestown, Link, England, CRST, JB HUNT, Landstar, Navajo...God knows who else. Hire back the RL teams and linehauls that they have outsourced and start kickin *** again!! The service failures are through the friggin roof in the west because of using these outfits.
Don't forget Spirit and ABCO. Even though they don't haul LTL,LOL!!!!!!! I've been seeing more Spirit trucks pulling doubles guess they figured out a way to move truckload freight on doubles.

Interesting thread, to say the least. What do you have to say there braceface? T Elvis out......
Elvis and Rubberduck,

FYI,

My mother passed away this week... It has been a very difficult month...

After spending a lot of time with her in the hospital, whatching her in pain, and not be able to breath,missing work,my mind is not on R&L, trucking boards, purchase transportation,teams,or anything else...

Maybe later, when I can get my thoughts together, I wiil let you know what I think regarding this...

Elvis and Rubberduck,

FYI,

After spending a lot of time with her in the hospital, whatching her in pain, and not be able to breath,missing work,my mind is not on R&L, trucking boards, purchase transportation,teams,or anything else...

Maybe later, when I can get my thoughts together, I wiil let you know what I think regarding this...
My condlences to you and your family

Elvis and Rubberduck,

FYI,

Well, what can I say? My apologies. Sounds like she was struggling. Hopefully she is in a better place now. When something like this happens it surely puts the small stuff (ie. the petty things we argue about on TB) into perspective. My sincere condolences, fellow trucker. TE out.....

Elvis and Rubberduck,

FYI,

Sorry to hear about your Mom. I also am sorry we just haven't heard from ya in a while.

here's an example of respect for the drivers, a long time R&L team turned there two week notice in two weeks ago and said fri the 29 will be our last day to work, fri night at 10 pm wil tried to dispatch them to NEW they said no this is our last night, Wil said your right this is your last night yuo refused dispatch your fired, and thats a fact. 12 yrs of dedication dont mean ::shit:: to roberts now, R&L is bigger than the people that got them where they are now!!!

here's an example of respect for the drivers, a long time R&L team turned there two week notice in two weeks ago and said fri the 29 will be our last day to work, fri night at 10 pm wil tried to dispatch them to NEW they said no this is our last night, Wil said your right this is your last night yuo refused dispatch your fired, and thats a fact. 12 yrs of dedication dont mean ::shit:: to roberts now, R&L is bigger than the people that got them where they are now!!!

I would say a :shit:load of trouble a brewing.:smilie_132: