Supreme Court rules in favor of Hobby Lobby

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Ice Rider, Jun 30, 2014.

1. jimmy g

jimmy g Kook

There is no discrimination. No genders in your/ my state can marry the same gender. Everyone in our state can marry the opposite gender. No one in our state can marry a car or a job or a beast or triplets , so all things are totally equal. Change the law to where marriage is not one man/ one woman, and everything is fair game- which is the stated goal of the LGBT crowd- to end ALL Marriage.

Go back to this very thread. If Gay Marriage becomes law (illegal per the Engle vs Vitale Decision)- then businessmen who have religious beliefs (not just Christians, but Muslims, Jews, etc) can refuse to pay benes to 'spouses' of gay employees. I, as an individual, also have the Constitutional Right to ignore such a marriage and file a petition of grievance with the state to be granted a waiver from recognizing such under Clinton's Religious Freedom Restoration Act of 1993.

She can petition Congress right now to have HIPPA waivers and have all the contract benefits of inheritance and partnership and visitation rights without hurting my chances of Eternity. In Genesis, God struck down all who endorsed homosexuality- even those who sat silent. Only the vocally against were saved. Same in Romans, Chapter 1. And Revelation says if we're given knowledge of a wrong and don't speak, we're judged more harshly. Call me an extremist- matters not. I'll shout from the mountain I'm a'gin it! Eternity iis a L O N G Time to wish I'd spoken up...

2. Teamsta II

Teamsta II dribble is dribble

3. jimmy g

jimmy g Kook

Code:

It will, once judges use the 14th Amendment. Everyone will be able to marry everything. Pandora's Box is being pried open.

Baal, Babylon, Greece Empire, Roman Empire, Modern World. Every once in a while Society decides societal rules are old-fashioned and aren't needed. History shows the rules were there for a reason.

4. albag

albag Pray for peace!

So then a man and a woman "married" in a Hindu ceremony need no license?

5. albag

albag Pray for peace!

So Mormons can now demand the return of polygamy under RFRA????

6. jimmy g

jimmy g Kook

I have no idea. You worry about technicalities and exceptions. I worry about my Soul. Got enough trouble myself without arguing exceptions.

7. albag

albag Pray for peace!

So maybe, just maybe, you're conceding I've have a valid point? After all I'm not telling you to like my gay niece's marriage license, just accept it. You don't have to participate.

8. jimmy g

jimmy g Kook

Again- no. You're always backwards on legality. can only IGNORE government FORCING things on them- as did Hob Lob. They will have the polygomy under your 'equal protection' 14th Amendment tho. You're an intelligent guy- but 180 degrees backwards on RFRA and Hob Lob. Amazes me! :regretful:

9. jimmy g

jimmy g Kook

Engle vs Vitale. I can't 'accept it' and remain true to my Beliefs. Reverse Engle- bring back Public Prayer, you win the debate. I still couldn't 'accept it'. Would you have me imprisoned? What about the Christian BizMen- ala Hob Lob? You'd destroy their Biz- because of YOUR Beliefs.

10. albag

albag Pray for peace!

But polygamy IS a Mormon religious belief. And the Government IS forcing them to abandon that belief under penalty of imprisonment.

11. albag

albag Pray for peace!

Let me see if we can find a fact on which we agree. The Green family expects the laws on incorporation to protect them from being penalized for the conduct of Hobby Lobby.

12. jimmy g

jimmy g Kook

just they expect the Constitution to protect their biz from 4th Amendment searches, 8th Amendment cruel punishments, and 1st Amendment Rights of all kinds. I saw where you're going. You want the Constitution to protect everyone from everything except minus the Establishment Clause. Read RFRA. Says protects Companies too....

13. jimmy g

jimmy g Kook

On the gay marriage thing- I see it as extremely selfish of gays wanting to close Christian Businesses - causing massive Unemployment of perhaps hundreds of thousands, just to make love to their partners behind closed doors- which they are doing anyway. They (or is it you, al?) seem to be more out to punish 'the religious' than to have their partners. But to each their own. They use the 14th- I use the First. Which wins???? The loser is Society....

14. jimmy g

jimmy g Kook

Forget HobLob. Can any Corp be searched without a warrant? Does the Union have the Right to Assemble? Does the NY Times have Freedom of the Press? Corps. Have Rights. And Citizens United confirmed that...

15. albag

albag Pray for peace!

How do you reconcile your statements with Matthew 7:1?
    And tell me how C-F was granted absolution.

16. albag

albag Pray for peace!

Citizens United confirmed rich people can buy political influence.

17. jimmy g

jimmy g Kook

No more than the NY Times having Freedom of Press or Protection from Searches. Unions already had the right to contribute. Corps have exactly the same.

18. jimmy g

jimmy g Kook

Tell me what it says. Carrying caskets and answering you same time.

19. jimmy g

jimmy g Kook

That sounds like the perfect solution. No State Endorsement at all (which is mainly for taxes anyway). Therefore- only between the couple and their Beliefs. The rest of us are free to accept or ignore. Fits exactly with Engle vs Vitale, which allows private prayer in public, but forbids Publicly Endorsed Prayer. I disagree with SCOTUS on this one, but- 'it's the Law of the Land', so I use it....

20. jimmy g

jimmy g Kook

Don't know who C F is, nor what absolution is. Verse 7:1 is how the Homosexual Lobby took over the Quaker Church and turned away from Scripture. Everything they want is against Scripture, but then they use 'you're judging me' to back the churches down. I judge no man's soul- but doesn't mean I turn my back on Scripture, which is sent to us by the Inspired Word of God. Jesus came not to overturn the law, but to fulfill it. We live under the law or perish. That's NOT Judging....

Al, you're better than using the Left's last line of Defense. They always go to 'you're judging' when they have no argument.....