Supreme Court Says States Can Force Online Shoppers To Pay Sales Tax

i was sent a letter from one of my online stores. it says that i had to pay my state x number of dollars of sales taxes. i think it was like about $11.00 for all my purchases.

i took that letter to my account, and he said "yes, many states are collecting sales taxes now from such shopping".

however, he said, "the stores do not have your SS number, so for the time being, forgedaboudit."

when the stores start asking us for our SS number for billing, that should be the time to worry.

as it is now, very often i go to the state of MA to make purchases. we are "supposed" the pay my state the difference in sales taxes.

been like nearly 40 years of my buying over the state line, and never any tax man knocking on my door.

if the retail stores keep closing, at the rate they do now, where do we go shopping? also too, many times a brick and mortar does not have exactly what we want.

IF these stores are EMPLOYING PEOPLE ONLINE, then they'll have some SSN's, otherwise it's NONE of their business.
Fake S.S. Numbers. >>USE AT YOUR OWN RISK OR PERIL!!<<

I have TWO LEGAL S. S. Numbers.
One from BIRTH, one from 1998 when I filled out a Form SS-4.
It can be used as either a *ALTERNATE S.S.N.* or a Employer I. D. Number.
*I used such SS-4 derived number for the Truck Driver Training School* as well at P. T. L. (early 2002) for the "drug test".
>>Such "file" will NEVER overlap the current S.S.N.<<
Like having a brand New Credit File which is INVISIBLE to Credit Agencies!!

CHEERS!!

Last edited:
i just ordered and it arrived yesterday some items from Amazon. they had charged me a sales tax. this is ok with me, as now i will not have to be concerned about any added costs, should i get yet another letter telling me, what to pay my state in taxes due.

states are losing tons of revenue from online sales. BUT, why should THAT be our problem?

so to recoup the tax revenues, the courts allow the states to collect such taxes.

sears, where i did A LOT of shopping over the decades has closed in my area. i see stories where more are closing across the country, so be it.

as i had seen on tv news reports regarding Sears, the owner could care less, he IS a billionaire, and went on record as saying, he only has an interest in the land that Sears owned, so he could re-develop it for HIGHER monies!

so screw it, his mind was made up years and years ago. i blame Sears and the family that owned it from it's inception, to the time they sold out to another group, then to this jerkwad billionaire.

sooner or later, an even higher percentage of people will be doing online shopping. this will cause companies like, UPS, the post office, fedex, and some new companies to add more workers, to process and deliver those packages.

How many online stores(especially smaller ones) are gonna skim the tax dough and how would states ever find out they're not getting paid the tax revenue collected on a purchase.

How many online stores(especially smaller ones) are gonna skim the tax dough and how would states ever find out they're not getting paid the tax revenue collected on a purchase.
i don't know. however, when i ordered just recently from Amazon, in the final stages of doing up the payment, it does state, "estimated sales tax"

in fact, i just looked right now at the order form i had printed up that day. so at least,k i have a copy that verifies i paid it to them.

after that, they are on their own, and would have to answer to the tax man for due sales taxes.

so, i'd have to surmise (not assume) all online sales will have a "tax line" as well.

i would also "surmise" that any online store will have all US states sales tax charts. i think (if i recall) the state of CA does not have one sales tax, but different ones, depending on where one lives.

County and City sales taxes.
Soon enough there will be added taxes for "other taxing requirements".

The "Internet of things" is only as open as restrictions allow and restrictions will grow (be forced upon users).

May You Have A Pleasant Tomorrow!
CHEERS!!