Estes | supv. gets porked too

mrhappy1972

TB Lurker
Credits
any one else have a supv. that does strips, loads peddles, puts in over 5o hours and makes less than all the other supervisors doing 10 times the work?? i took this job to better myself, and i'm doing more work now than i ever did on the dock, and never do you hear a "thank you".... or ... "nice job".never!!! only supv. that has ever worked there that has also worked the dock. people tell me im stupid for doing it. any suggestions?? i know it might sound like im crying, but, i think its bull!!!!

Welcome mrhappy1972 please tell the other guys ya work with about us .

there is a supv in Dlt that breaks freight and
loads trailers...seen him one weekend break
trlrs and load out city units...If I were a supv
I would not do it if they were working me
over 40 and was making less...

any one else have a supv. that does strips, loads peddles, puts in over 5o hours and makes less than all the other supervisors doing 10 times the work?? i took this job to better myself, and i'm doing more work now than i ever did on the dock, and never do you hear a "thank you".... or ... "nice job".never!!! only supv. that has ever worked there that has also worked the dock. people tell me im stupid for doing it. any suggestions?? i know it might sound like im crying, but, i think its bull!!!!

I know how you feel. I spent 3 years of my life busting my butt for Big E and right now I am a little happier not having that albatross around my neck. Your company is full of people who will tell you that is not my job or come up with some mickey mouse excuse why they should not do it. Every terminal IS run different and that is why within the next couple of years your company will fail. They fire the wrong people and put people in a position that have no business being there. You did not better yourself by taking that job. Get out know. What happened to me may happen to you. I got terminated to protect 3 drivers and a terminal manager because they were favs of a district mananger.

Me too....the wrong people have been let go,
and the wrong people have been promoted.
Kiss some butt, and you will go far...it seems
the more you screw up, the higher you go..
what a concept...

the way you dock workers load trucks the real people getting porked are the city drivers!

ILL ADMIT. SOME DOCK WORKERS CAN NOT LOAD FREIGHT. BUT LET ME SAY, I NEVER KNEW HOW MUCH CITY DRIVERS WERE SUCH BABY'S. CRYING ALL THE TIME!! ESTES 024 TERMINAL IS THE WORST AT LOADING, LOOKS LIKE THEY USE A FRONT END LOADER.

city drivers can be crybabies but you have to understand that most of them want their routes to go smoothly so they can be ready for pick ups when that dispatcher starts callin. If our route is loaded wrong, of if a COD, or freight collect is put on without being called it just screws up the day. A good supervisor we listen to what his drivers are saying and try to fix it if they can. Unless your drivers are truly *****ing about nothing, in that case they need to quit crying :) Good luck in your new journey on the other side of the fence Mrhappy, tell me one thing though bud, is it as greener on that side as it looks? LOL