FedEx Freight | Suspended For Doin My Job

imported_kikbxr

TB Lurker
Credits
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I WORK FOR EXPRESS;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
ON 4/27, I WAS SUSPENDED FOR NORMAL DRIVING OPERATIONS. AFTER LEAVING THE AIR RAMP FACILITY WITH A LOADED TRAILER (CURTAIN-SIDE).WHILE ON THE EXPRESS-WAY I CHECKED MY MIRRORS AS REQUIRED. I NOTICED THAT THE CURTAIN SIDE ON THE DRIVER SIDE WAS FLAPPING AND WIDE OPEN. SO I PULLED OVER TO INSPECT. I FOLLOWED PROTOCAL BY CALLING MY MANAGER CELL PHONE (NO-ANSWER),TRUCKING DISPATCH AND I RELAYED THE OCCURENCE-SITUATION. I ATTEMPTED TO SECURE THE CURTAIN AND LATCH. I THEN PROCEEDED TO GO-ON. AFTER GOING ABOUT A HALF MILE,I NOTICED THAT THE CURTAIN CAME OPEN AGAIN. I EXITED THE EXPRESS-WAY AND PULLED OVER ON THE SHOULDER. AGAIN I CONTACTED TRUCKING DISPATCH AND INFORMED THEM AGAIN THE SECOND OCCURENCE AS WELL AS SUGGESTING THAT I RETURN TO THE AIR RAMP FOR TRANSLOADING THE LOAD UNTO ANOTHER TRAILER. DISPATCH CONCURRED AND I RETURNED. MAKING A LONG STORY SHORT,I WAS SUSPENDED FOR FOLLOWING PROTOCAL AND DOING MY JOB. :wavey: IAHRT-HOU,TX SUSPENDED W/PAY PENDING FULL INVESTIGATION. OCCURENCE GOT TO OUR CORP. OFFICE IN MEMPHIS TN. AND THEY TRICKLED DOWN THE SUSPENTION..... TRUCKERS BE AWARE ,,,,CORP. AMERICA IS CHANGEING FOR DOING YOUR JOB.:duh:::::::::::::::What would you guys do??????/:tribehasspoken:

I would of done the same thing . This is a safety issue and as sue crazy the world is today what if something would of happen , big FedEx law suit. How can they wrong the guy for looking out for the company ? What about the people that loaded this defective unit ? I think our safety dept. would of backed up our freight driver.

:thumbsdown: guilty poor pre-trip the letter sticks. Dont do it again or you will be terminated I have seen the letter. :chairshot: : Than I saw the light.:duh:

Just Thought I`de Let You Know That I Recieved A Call Today @13:45 To Let Me Know To Come Back To Work On Tomorrow @4:00 Am. They Ackowledge That They Messed Up And Dropped The Ball ,,,,,,,,thanks For The Moral Support

kikbxr said:
Just Thought I`de Let You Know That I Recieved A Call Today @13:45 To Let Me Know To Come Back To Work On Tomorrow @4:00 Am. They Ackowledge That They Messed Up And Dropped The Ball ,,,,,,,,thanks For The Moral Support
im glad that they got it right. I would have appealed if they didn't. You did the right thing, good job

Yay !!!!!
You did the right thing kik !!!!
Can't keep a good driver down .
Smokestack / FXFE

kikbxr said:

If they actually acknowledged that they messed up and dropped the ball, I personally would request compensation for the day or days i sat home.

PocketChange said:
If they actually acknowledged that they messed up and dropped the ball, I personally would request compensation for the day or days i sat home.
again,they suspended me w/pay pending full investigation

I'm glad to see they admitted their mistake. Kind of rare with this modern day pass the buck...sweep it under the rug mentality.