Yellow | Swift's Former Chief Offers $29 a Share for Company (Update5) (Bloomberg.com)

Jeff

Looking for Trolls
Administrator
Super Administrator
Credits
Nov. 6 (Bloomberg) -- Swift Transportation Co., the second- largest U.S. trucker, received an offer from founder and former Chief Executive Officer Jerry Moyes to take the company private in a transaction that values Swift at $2.17 billion.

More...

Does Jerry Moyes own controling interest in Central Freight Lines? Or does Swift have controling interest in Central? I've heard both cases or do either of them have anything to do with central? Just wondering.

Does Jerry Moyes own controling interest in Central Freight Lines? Or does Swift have controling interest in Central? I've heard both cases or do either of them have anything to do with central? Just wondering.

Mr. Moyes bought Central Freight Lines out a few months ago and took it back to privately held company.

Nov. 6 (Bloomberg) -- Swift Transportation Co., the second- largest U.S. trucker, received an offer from founder and former Chief Executive Officer Jerry Moyes to take the company private in a transaction that values Swift at $2.17 billion.

More...
Who would figure the IBT to be a major share holder in SWIFT. I wouldn't put my money in it. Surely, the IBT can come up with better investments than that for goodness sakes. Also, it seems hokey to me that the IBT would attempt to profit from a "sweat box" trucking company like SWIFT. But what do I know. I'm just a truck driver. :)Teamsters oppose Moyes' Swift buyout proposal - The Business Journal of Phoenix:

Teamsters oppose Moyes' Swift buyout proposal

More...
Who would figure the IBT to be a major share holder in Swift Transportation Co. Surely, the IBT can come up with better a investment than Swift. Also, it seems hipocritical to me that the IBT would attempt to profit from a "sweat box" trucking company like Swift. Instead of trying to make money off of those guys the IBT should be organizing them. Something to think about.Teamsters oppose Moyes' Swift buyout proposal - The Business Journal of Phoenix:

yo.....

not for nothin' but, who owns shares here???????

the ibt itself????

if they do, they should make it public to members.....

pension funds, usually report their holdings in their annual report....

in reality if i was a shareholder i'd be screaming for more money myself.....

NEVER TAKE THE FIRST OFFER WHEN SOMEONE WANTS SOMETHING YOU HAVE AND ASKS YOU FOR IT.......

let's see if swift's board comes back with a counter, it's in their best interest to squeeze more money out of it as they are share holders too and will be unemployed after the buyout......

book value plus 5 years of future profits is a decent take out price for existing shareholders any offer near that is ok......

overnite could not get bought for 300 million a couple of years ago when suggs was shopping it around and he took it off the market, then ups made him an offer for a billion, cha ching........

most business writers have to take boring crapola and make it exiting because nobody likes boring news....

look at cnbc and at bloomberg tv, notice the music underneath everything on cnbc and how boring bloomberg is to listen to....

mikeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

ps; i don't think swift is such a good company to invest in as we used to stay in the same motel in memphis as their new drivers going through orientation, they sure didn't look like profit makers to me........

The IBT should be trying to organize Swift. Instead, they are taking advantage of workers that make over
.20 cents less a mile than a union driver, and nothing per hour for time spent doing the samethings we get paid for. I guess you can't afford to have a social conscience when your trying to make money.