R&L | Switching to R&L

jdls22

TB Lurker
Credits
Currently our company uses CCX for most of our outbound LTL..The Sales Rep for R&L came in a few weeks back with a sweet deal...What could you all tell me about the service with R&L comparing them to CCX?
Thanks!

Currently our company uses CCX for most of our outbound LTL..The Sales Rep for R&L came in a few weeks back with a sweet deal...What could you all tell me about the service with R&L comparing them to CCX?
Thanks!

You do realize this is kinda a driver pizz and moan forum don't you?
I really don't think that I'd be looking for info on service comparisons here.
How would we know know R&L compares to CCX?
I don't work for CCX, so I have not idea how they operate,
as I'm neither an employee or a customer of them.

Try going to the company websites and comparing there.

Sure is great that all of our guys are trying to run new business off...Don't complain when you get laid off... I don't know about Con-Ways service, but I believe R&L will do a good job for you, at a good price...All carriers damage freight, but I don't believe we damage anymore freight than anyone else...Thanks for you business!!!:1036316054:

I used to work at Con-way and it amazes me that they don't have more damage than they do in line haul, when i was there almost no load tables for stacking, just throw a piece of Plywood on top of a pallet of product and stack on top of it.
I was Embarassed most of time showing up with a pallet that looked like they had played DOCK FOOTBALL with it

I used to work at Con-way and it amazes me that they don't have more damage than they do in line haul, when i was there almost no load tables for stacking, just throw a piece of Plywood on top of a pallet of product and stack on top of it.
I was Embarassed most of time showing up with a pallet that looked like they had played DOCK FOOTBALL with it
Where do you think they got Crush Carton Xpress!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:hysterical::biglaugh:

Thanks!
We sponsor a Nascar and pulling tractors... The only reason to use R&L!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I sure wish you would go to work for conway I almost wish rl does fail then you would be happy I guess cali has alot of other carriers i can work at. this makes me sick when we cant tell a shipper we do a good job the rest of us bleed green and do a good job .get a life at conway and damage freight for them maybe you already work at conway and jealous of rl service and claim free service. i really dont need this I get enough pressure in the world I live in today. I am beginning to hate this board it make me not happy.

I completely agree. If you don't beleive in the company you work for go elsewhere. Everyone else finds the positives. R+L offers great service and we have one of the lowest claims ratios in the industry. R+L would be a great choice for any customer. Once the customers get use to the service we offer they don't leave.

Thanks!

those negative replies were from a different company. Plenty of time home now since they are laid off and free time to browse other companies forums.Same service, all LTL companies do the same service. Pricing and the color of the trucks is the difference,enjoy your added profit margin. Any problems in the begining, call sales rep immediately to get minor details ironed out.

What is it with those first three posters?Are they even R&L drivers because I cant believe anyone would actually talk to a customer that way.Actually I see now that although they don't put a company name on the info they did put that they are line haul so that makes sense.After all,if you don't work with customers how can you realize that you shouldn't talk like that.Good job guys.Remember,they will be replacing you first with Paramount drivers so keep driving the customers away.

My thoughts on this. First they were not employees of R&L Carriers. Being a rep I have to tell you that I do not worry about customer claims or service. We are just as good if not better than anyone else out there. If you want to complain do it on your own site. Customer, welcome aboard!

Your next day service area won't be nearly as large.

Next day is a non-issue for us.
Also, I switched our carriers last October from YELLOW to CCX..I had no problems with Yellow and we ship about 6000 shipments per year, in 2008 I was 95% with CCX..No complaints, few claims, over 98% on-time performance..Our company is all about $$$$ We move alot of dense freight, and we pay ALL of our freight costs..Service time is important, but not the deciding factor for me..
Not sure why all the negative comments, but I won't just into this with both feet, it will be a slow go..If they (R&L) perform, they are looking at $1M/yr is freight revenue from our company...