R&L | Switching to R&L

Currently our company uses CCX for most of our outbound LTL..The Sales Rep for R&L came in a few weeks back with a sweet deal...What could you all tell me about the service with R&L comparing them to CCX?
Thanks!

If I may ask a serious question, what kind of product do you plan on shipping with us?

Sure is great that all of our guys are trying to run new business off...Don't complain when you get laid off... I don't know about Con-Ways service, but I believe R&L will do a good job for you, at a good price...All carriers damage freight, but I don't believe we damage anymore freight than anyone else...Thanks for you business!!!:1036316054:

Thanks for the comments...

My thoughts on this. First they were not employees of R&L Carriers. Being a rep I have to tell you that I do not worry about customer claims or service. We are just as good if not better than anyone else out there. If you want to complain do it on your own site. Customer, welcome aboard!

Thanks freightgal...
Not on board yet, meeting with R&L rep this week to talk more details...

Not sure why all the negative comments,

Well, being a driver that's why I asked what sort of product you deal in. If it's, for lack of a better term oversize non-driver friendly junk, like carlifts, then we don't want your business.

But if it's all standard size pallets, which is what I call "good" freight, I can guarantee you that any of your shipments that end up on my truck will be handled as if they were eggs.

That's the kind of business we want, but salespeople are too stupid to know those things. They prefer to open their traps now and deal with the consequences later.

Do us drivers a favor. If you do ship a lot of oversize stuff, stick with Con-Way. They deserve that aggravation. It couldn't happen to a nicer bunch of people.

Well, being a driver that's why I asked what sort of product you deal in. If it's, for lack of a better term oversize non-driver friendly junk, like carlifts, then we don't want your business.

But if it's all standard size pallets, which is what I call "good" freight, I can guarantee you that any of your shipments that end up on my truck will be handled as if they were eggs.

That's the kind of business we want, but salespeople are too stupid to know those things. They prefer to open their traps now and deal with the consequences later.

Do us drivers a favor. If you do ship a lot of oversize stuff, stick with Con-Way. They deserve that aggravation. It couldn't happen to a nicer bunch of people.

Sling, we ship standard size pallets..some undersized. Nothing is over 48" high..

Hey jdls22...

Where are you from (location)? What are you shipping? If you're a proposed new customer...that's great. But if you are fishing for negativity on these boards, you've got quite a few bites at your line already. Better grab your line and start reeling them in...

If you truly are a customer you picked the wrong place to get good solid answers. All I can recommend is that you give R+L a chance to move some freight for you and come up with your own conclusions based on the pickup/delivery driver's performance and the delivery destinations feedback of the service.

Thanks and have a wonderful day...

Hey jdls22...

Where are you from (location)? What are you shipping? If you're a proposed new customer...that's great. But if you are fishing for negativity on these boards, you've got quite a few bites at your line already. Better grab your line and start reeling them in...

If you truly are a customer you picked the wrong place to get good solid answers. All I can recommend is that you give R+L a chance to move some freight for you and come up with your own conclusions based on the pickup/delivery driver's performance and the delivery destinations feedback of the service.

Thanks and have a wonderful day...
Thats the best well thought out post on this thread!!!!!!!!:1036316054:
but this thread is starting to smell!!!!

Sling, we ship standard size pallets..some undersized. Nothing is over 48" high..

Good. I would love to deliver your shipments.

There are a lot of drivers that feel the same way I do, and they would love to deliver your stuff too. You won't be disappointed, especially since we offer free liftgate service, don't charge for hazmat, or appointments.

must not work for r&l

you idiots talking about damage must not work for us but the competition cause i know you wouldn't want to loss not only freight but possibly your jobs

jd, I work out of one of the Calif Terminals and we get nothing but positive comments from our customers about our service, pricing and the great attitude of the R&L employees that they deal with. Give us the opportunity, and Thanks for switching.

If they treat you like they treat the drivers here, well all I can say is good luck. I think you would get better service from a 5yr old.

You almost have the customer sold on your services,now I would promise to bring a pizza or two for the guys on the dock to clinch the deal! :hysterical: GOOD LUCK

If I were you, I would switch the ABF. They have by far the lowest claims ratio, and they have implemented new regional service which is great.
We used R&L and Conway and Fedex and UPS...ABF customer service and freight handling blows them all out of the water!!

If I were you, I would switch the ABF. They have by far the lowest claims ratio, and they have implemented new regional service which is great.
We used R&L and Conway and Fedex and UPS...ABF customer service and freight handling blows them all out of the water!!

If I were you Id go back to the ABF forum driver.

In this economy? All the time and if your like my best friend that is on the list but on the bottom at ABF you might have just got a lay off so quit the BS.

That's funny.
Since when do drivers look for "more" work?

I know maybe its over your head but if you do a search of previous posts for a person like you ,you can see where they have been and what they are saying.You are an ABF employee so making believe your a customer that uses all the companies you listed is BS.

Anyone can post at anytime within the rules ... milt has that right ... shadow434... you don't have that right to tell anybody where they can post ...

I know,I just don't care for these guys pretending to be something they are not.Come on here and tell me who you are.Don't try to BS everyone into thinking that somehow you used our services when its easy to find out that your an employee of the company your saying is better.