R&L | Switching to R&L

If I were you, I would switch the ABF. They have by far the lowest claims ratio, and they have implemented new regional service which is great.
We used R&L and Conway and Fedex and UPS...ABF customer service and freight handling blows them all out of the water!!

Yea right, my wife's company has shipped their product on ABF. Got tired of having to explain to customers that it would arrive eventually.
Then they had a couple of deliveries on Long Island where the driver wouldn't even help tailgate the freight.
So, they tried R&L and we've been hauling their stuff since. I wish we didn't actually, everytime so smuck makes a mistake, I hear about it. :biglaugh:

I know,I just don't care for these guys pretending to be something they are not.Come on here and tell me who you are.Don't try to BS everyone into thinking that somehow you used our services when its easy to find out that your an employee of the company your saying is better.

shadowr434, did I hit a nerve here somehow?
I am in fact a Logistics Analyst. I have posted on several sites. YRC, ABF, Oak Harbour, and here. If you are implying that by reading my posts you can tell who I work for, I'm guessing that you focussed on the Oak Harbour post where I indicated that I WAS a teamster for 10 years. That is true. Thankfully not anymore. That was 15 years ago.
I'm not sure why you are upset. I did not bash R&L. There are enough R&L drivers on this thread doing that.
I use ABF. I think they are a superior company. Just my opinion, but last time I checked, that was allowed.

We have had too many people coming in here trying to start crap saying they are someone they are not and you appeared to be the same.If you are not than I'm sorry,If you are than what I said stands.I don't go around to the other carriers threads and tell them they suck and I use another carrier and it appears that the only one you did it in is ours which leads me to the conclusion that since most of your posts are in ABF that you were employed by them.If thats not the case than I'm wrong however I'm not wrong about the negativity.I just don't like it.Thats my own personal opinion and I am allowed to have it.As for the R&L employees doing enough bashing ,look again.All the comments came from outsiders making claims that don't even say who they are.

A little addition to my post.

Crockett-Dayton freightways employee
Skeeter-UPS freight
truckerdude-A conway driver(of course he don't like this thread)
kantgetryte-Estes

These are the only negative post on here about our service except for one team driver that just got let go by R&L so I'm guessing he might be bitter.

Well, being a driver that's why I asked what sort of product you deal in. If it's, for lack of a better term oversize non-driver friendly junk, like carlifts, then we don't want your business.

But if it's all standard size pallets, which is what I call "good" freight, I can guarantee you that any of your shipments that end up on my truck will be handled as if they were eggs.

That's the kind of business we want, but salespeople are too stupid to know those things. They prefer to open their traps now and deal with the consequences later.

Do us drivers a favor. If you do ship a lot of oversize stuff, stick with Con-Way. They deserve that aggravation. It couldn't happen to a nicer bunch of people.

someone at some point has to haul the ugly stuff, frieght is freight, and loaded trailers make money, bottom line

someone at some point has to haul the ugly stuff,

Fine, as long as that someone isn't me.

frieght is freight,

Bushwa. Why do I get the feeling now that you never get residentials?

When was the last time you had something oversize that one of your dispatchers faked the appointment for, of course found that they weren't home, you're a hundred miles from the yard, so now you're screwed?

So no, freight is not freight.

Company is in turmoil. Trucks have been turned down and freight is moving slower now. We all go to work every day wondering if we will have a job. Once was the best place to work in the trucking business,now it feels as if we are being set up to either shut down or be bought out. Good luck with your freight. We as employees will do everything we can to handle your freight in a timely manner.

Company is in turmoil. Trucks have been turned down and freight is moving slower now. We all go to work every day wondering if we will have a job. Once was the best place to work in the trucking business,now it feels as if we are being set up to either shut down or be bought out. Good luck with your freight. We as employees will do everything we can to handle your freight in a timely manner.
That is a very interesting first post , I don't see turning down the trucks(to where every ltl has been at for years)as being in turmoil. Yes they are doing things to cut cost same as all companies in this industry . From what i've seen the layoffs have not been as deap and in my area we have not seen that much of a drop off in freight.

A little addition to my post.

Crockett-Dayton freightways employee
Skeeter-UPS freight
truckerdude-A conway driver(of course he don't like this thread)
kantgetryte-Estes

These are the only negative post on here about our service except for one team driver that just got let go by R&L so I'm guessing he might be bitter.

I spent 4 yrs at r & l, and seen all the bs, and all the freebie work that the employees donate to them. You can keep all your drawings that you might have a chance of winning, BUT I WOULD RATHER GO HOME EACH WEEK WITH A FULL PAYCHECK!!!!!!!!!!!!! PS I HOPE YOU NEVER GET A PERMANENT DISABILTY WHILE YOU ARE THERE!!!!

If I were you, I would switch the ABF. They have by far the lowest claims ratio, and they have implemented new regional service which is great.
We used R&L and Conway and Fedex and UPS...ABF customer service and freight handling blows them all out of the water!!

ABF is to expensive...

A Quick update..We have been using R&L for about 3-weeks now, not much freight just NJ-TX and NJ-FLA runs..Service has been good, no issues..My costs are down quite a bit vs. CCX..Still using CCX as my primary but looking to R&L for more of our outbound freight...

I'm glad to hear that you'v had good experiences with R&L so far and i'm sure this will continue...working on the docks i hear plenty of rumors but i believe all of the house cleaning going on will definitly help our performance...the people in charge were getting to comfortable with just letting the company run idely...from what i hear the new President, Robert Zimmerman?, is a real go getter...with people like him taking the reins R&L's future service is looking better and better

I'm glad to hear that you'v had good experiences with R&L so far and i'm sure this will continue...working on the docks i hear plenty of rumors but i believe all of the house cleaning going on will definitly help our performance...the people in charge were getting to comfortable with just letting the company run idely...from what i hear the new President, Robert Zimmerman?, is a real go getter...with people like him taking the reins R&L's future service is looking better and better

We have a new President....When did this happen??? Where did he come from???