Yellow | swr help

thegr8one

TB Regular
Credits
I decided to run with a cb but heres the problem. Uniden 78 elite with 18 ft cable hook to a wilson 2000 and can't get swr below 3.1. Even tried a 9 ft cable with worse results. I got good ground even hook it to my car but still no luck. Just a couple times got it lower the same day I took it to Bobs cb and he said good to go. Next day back up over 3.1 Any help would be great!!

thegr8one said:
I decided to run with a cb but heres the problem. Uniden 78 elite with 18 ft cable hook to a wilson 2000 and can't get swr below 3.1. Even tried a 9 ft cable with worse results. I got good ground even hook it to my car but still no luck. Just a couple times got it lower the same day I took it to Bobs cb and he said good to go. Next day back up over 3.1 Any help would be great!!
I had to cut an inch or so off my Wilson 2000, got a dead nuts perfect match after that on 98% of the tractors.

thegr8one said:
The length of coax doesn't matter.Take the stinger out while you have it all hooked.Trim the stinger about 1/4 in at a time until swr comes down.

pullintriples said:
the length of coax mattered on my radio, i used 12 and it did wonders for me
Yeah used a smaller cable and screwed mine up. Triming the whip 1/4 inch at a time is your best bet so I've been told buy the cb shop. Unless you buy a swr meter that can change it manually, which I have:bgroovy: cause I'm a big dummy when it comes to the cb.

swr meters can NOT change your swr's, only read them, turn all the knobs on the meter you want, the antenna has to be tuned

pullintriples said:
swr meters can NOT change your swr's, only read them, turn all the knobs on the meter you want, the antenna has to be tuned
You can buy them, not talking about the little meter that you tune in your antenna.

went to cb bob and took care of the problem, cut 14inches of antenna. First time coax was loop together needs to be straight.

Bobs is a good shop, old time CB man who knows how to GIT R' DONE . glad to hear he got you straightened out. Do you have the antenna pinz on your mirrors?

thegr8one said:
went to cb bob and took care of the problem, cut 14inches of antenna. First time coax was loop together needs to be straight.
R, who the hell is cb bob? And 14 inches? You got a whip from hell? Should have asked Razoor blade to look into it. CW for our knowledge. any way, you got problems, ask me for the names of our boys, I'll put you in tthe right direction. Don't spend too much money else where.

His shop is off exit 70 on 80. Got antenna for budlight, but problem is solve. I can mount antenna anywhere with good swr.