Sysco ABC program

2012blank

TB Lurker
Credits
Hey guys new to the site and new to sysco 6weeks but have been throwing groceries for almost 14 years been at Sysco in Long Island NY for 6 weeks and gettin trailers shuttled from CT but the loads suck our warehouse opens in 2 weeks and they are talkin about ABC pay and we are ALL wondering how its going to be any info would be great

sysco albany ny driver here. are you guys going to be union? if so, the abc has to be voluntary. i know rocky hill and hallsmith aren't, but metro ny and we are. ypu guys have the opportunity to make a big time hourly rate. don't let these squirrels tell you differently.

I come from a union shop DiCarlo Distributors for 8 years teamsters local 707 but the money wasnt right but all the drivers who are there are anti union i wish they would.the house is going to make ALOT of money and we should organize now before its too late but the old timers dont believe so but yet they are all shook on getting fired for every little thing

They are offering 21.50hr. Or the ABC but they are not telling us the specifics they say they are still working on it and they are opening on July 30th i think they are trying to jerk us cost of living too high here for that

21.50 IS BS FOR LONG ISLAND!!!! we are a dollar higher for our hourly rate, and im sure our cost of living is less. as far as specifics, i don't know until they tell you how much per case, mile, etc. the one thing somebody has to ask is will you get paid the better of the two-- hourly or abc. in other words, you have to have a safety net for your pay. also, ny state is considered an overtime state, so im 99.9% sure you will get paid the better of the two, but someone needs to look into it. did you ever talk to the jersey city guys when you were with dicarlos?

Yeah 21.50 is bs the guys here have been pulling trips on long island for years getting between 250-400$a day getting paid from rocky hill ct.now they want to pay less i cant believe it but thats the rumor but yet they still dont want to entertain the idea to unionize.

Oh yah and they want us to go through the hassle of delivering in brooklyn queens and eventually manhattan and bronx just that alone deserves more pay.....

shame on those guys-- and believe me,they will be doing the most b@#$chin. also, you need the union for seniority violations. when are they gonna let you know the specifics of the abc?

we start shipping from the new whse july 30 and we are scheduled for a meeting on the 28th but everyone is tightlipped right now

what bothers me most is people in charge of this decision just moved here from other states and some have never pulled a trip in there life!!!!

and get this our president is from jersey city a union house and from what we heard he wont except any of those guys who want to transfer because they are union guys and i guess he is worried about us organizing..