Sysco Brooklyn. ...nuff said

2012blank

TB Lurker
Credits
still making 21.50/ hr pushing 38 and 42s in Brooklyn aint worth the money..selectors suck and loaders do too!!!lets not forget about the router. .terrible.should throw some of them in Brooklyn and Queens let em run 1000 cs mostly basement drop hatches for 21.50 watch them beg for mercy....welcome to NY bitches...

Some of the drivers in KC complain about running downtown, deliveries with stairs, parking, etc.

I can't even begin to imagine what you all must deal with...

still making 21.50/ hr pushing 38 and 42s in Brooklyn aint worth the money..selectors suck and loaders do too!!!lets not forget about the router. .terrible.should throw some of them in Brooklyn and Queens let em run 1000 cs mostly basement drop hatches for 21.50 watch them beg for mercy....welcome to NY bitches...

Wow!! I thought you NYC drivers would make alot more! Especially given what you have to put up with, like Lazlo, I can't even begin to imagine! You Sir, are a tougher man than I!!!!

21.50/HR? In NYC? Are they kidding? The cost of living is high plus the stress and BS to deliver in the five boroughs. No thanks

21.50/HR? In NYC? Are they kidding? The cost of living is high plus the stress and BS to deliver in the five boroughs. No thanks

I'm at 20.40 in quiet little Oklahoma, I'd be ready to kill someone doing what 2012blank does, or you in the steeler for that matter, some old towns there, it can't be real easy!!

I'm at 20.40 in quiet little Oklahoma, I'd be ready to kill someone doing what 2012blank does, or you in the steeler for that matter, some old towns there, it can't be real easy!!
Starting rate: 19.19/hr, OT after 40. Top rate: Almost 21/hr and the contract is up in March. Plus, my cost of living is low and in Erie were we are based, is even lower. I'm happy with my rate, LOL. We don't do any of the city, we run south of it but IMHO, I think running Morgantown, WV is worse then running Pittsburgh. And I get to run Morgantown twice a week. At least I get to see some really good scenery, LOL. Most of my stops are next to WVU, LOL.

Still no word on when ABC will be approved still in queens and brooklyn making 21.50 no end in sight plus we were told what parking tickets the company will pay and what ones we will.we shouldnt have yo pay any for parking delivering there groceries...nobody wants the union but someone needs to back us up.

Still no word on when ABC will be approved still in queens and brooklyn making 21.50 no end in sight plus we were told what parking tickets the company will pay and what ones we will.we shouldnt have yo pay any for parking delivering there groceries...nobody wants the union but someone needs to back us up.

Our contract states that Sysco will pay all fines associated with doing our work, thats why they let us run the turnpike grossing 135,000 on 2 trailers.

Starting rate: 19.19/hr, OT after 40. Top rate: Almost 21/hr and the contract is up in March. Plus, my cost of living is low and in Erie were we are based, is even lower. I'm happy with my rate, LOL. We don't do any of the city, we run south of it but IMHO, I think running Morgantown, WV is worse then running Pittsburgh. And I get to run Morgantown twice a week. At least I get to see some really good scenery, LOL. Most of my stops are next to WVU, LOL.

i was wondering where you were working, you stated the pay and i got it right away! I know a couple of guys i used to work with at tripifoods that went over to your shop, they really like it! no ball busting like us foods or sysco. how big is the main warehouse in Erie?

i was wondering where you were working, you stated the pay and i got it right away! I know a couple of guys i used to work with at tripifoods that went over to your shop, they really like it! no ball busting like us foods or sysco. how big is the main warehouse in Erie?

Main warehouse is big. 10,000 plus items plus the fresh fish facility, plus the meat plant across the street. Rumor is a new shuttle yard/possible warehouse is going in just north of Pittsburgh. I have no regerts to leaving a job I was at for nine years. I really like it. So much different then the last place.

thats cool! you guys don't have to wear uniforms either, THAT is cool! So are they as laid back as i have heard?
We don't have to wear our uniforms? Someone lied to me, LOL. Ya, they are pretty laid back. I have been here since the middle of July and I have had the supervisor call me only twice. Once to tell me when I would be on my own and once to tell me that me and the other driver were switching routes. Other then that, they leave me alone. I have called the ops super a few times with questions, got a real answer each time and he is real laid back. Easy to talk to and gives you no BS, he'll get the answer for you, lol.

oh ok, i didn't know you guys had uniforms in most area's, never see the guys around buffalo with uniforms! must be nice to only have to deal with management once in a while, us foods is the top heaviest company i think i have ever worked for. overmanaged and under communicated, since none of them talk with each other, which makes for some interesting work situations, when one hand doesn't know what the other is doing!

oh ok, i didn't know you guys had uniforms in most area's, never see the guys around buffalo with uniforms! must be nice to only have to deal with management once in a while, us foods is the top heaviest company i think i have ever worked for. overmanaged and under communicated, since none of them talk with each other, which makes for some interesting work situations, when one hand doesn't know what the other is doing!
Sounds like my old company, lol.