Sysco cameras part 2

grocerythrower

TB Legend
Credits
Well folks, we are short handed! We have people on suspension over the cameras, we can't find the manpower to deliver the groceries.

They took away ABC pay and put DIP, (driver incentive program), now I know how they are able to afford the cameras, DIP causes a route driver to lose about 200.00 a week, if you made 1400.00 with 4200 cases, now you would need well over 5000 cases to make the same money.

Guys are quiting, US Foods is paying better than us, there was a time where Sysco was the top dog to be with, guys used other foodservice companies as a stepping stone to get here, not anymore!!

I'm frustrated, we have good sales people moving on, good drivers moving on, routes have case counts that are cut in half, I'm getting worried.

I agree here in central pa. we are getting threats from management about breaking federal law by using cell phones but they make us break the law EVERY night by running anywhere from 81000lbs to 87000lbs we even weighed sets and gave the slips to management all they said is we will pay the fines we have no union to protect us if we refuse to pull the loads what a bunch of hippocrates. we cant even use bluetooth or our cbs i really believe they are watching us all the time even though they said they cant. anybody have any suggestions what we can do. HELP.

Im so glad I dont have to deal with those cameras. Im sorry guys I dont know what to tell you except maybe look for a new job? Im happy I took a cut in pay then take a higher paying job with Asian foods who has the cameras.

I agree here in central pa. we are getting threats from management about breaking federal law by using cell phones but they make us break the law EVERY night by running anywhere from 81000lbs to 87000lbs we even weighed sets and gave the slips to management all they said is we will pay the fines we have no union to protect us if we refuse to pull the loads what a bunch of hippocrates. we cant even use bluetooth or our cbs i really believe they are watching us all the time even though they said they cant. anybody have any suggestions what we can do. HELP.

Spongebob, I pulled key drops back last night, I was grossing around 135,000 lbs, I had a 42' on the front and a 45' on the back, loaded to the max, the union don't have anything to do with it, untill Sysco refuses to pay a fine, then we will be protected, we pump way to much money into the turnpike, the DOT don't care, so we just pull it.

What's this DIP? I've heard nothing about it at Sysco Atlanta... Is the pay breakdown similar to the ABC?
Also we have the same problem here with the cameras. We've lost 4 drivers in 3 weeks bcuz of the cameras. All 4 drivers had been with Sysco over 14 years. They give you one warning, then the 2nd time your terminated...

What's this DIP? I've heard nothing about it at Sysco Atlanta... Is the pay breakdown similar to the ABC?
Also we have the same problem here with the cameras. We've lost 4 drivers in 3 weeks bcuz of the cameras. All 4 drivers had been with Sysco over 14 years. They give you one warning, then the 2nd time your terminated...

Same here, but its one suspension then termination, they haven't presented it to our local yet, so they will have trouble making anything stick.

DIP is driver incentive pay, basicly a pay cut, its similar to ABC, just less stop pay, case pay and so forth, our route drivers are losing 200 bucks a week than if they threw the same cases on ABC, they made it out to be a wonderful thing, everyone I know is unhappy, some are going to US Foods, they are the highest paying around here now, Sysco used to be the best paying food job around.

Dang Drivers, what the heck cameras you all talking about? Do ya'll have dashboard cams or something?

They are mounted on the window, in a triggering event the camera records the last 8 seconds and then the 4 seconds in real time from the time of the event, it is aimed at the driver and out the windshield, as if what the driver is seeing. The camera is always recording.

Same here, but its one suspension then termination, they haven't presented it to our local yet, so they will have trouble making anything stick.

DIP is driver incentive pay, basicly a pay cut, its similar to ABC, just less stop pay, case pay and so forth, our route drivers are losing 200 bucks a week than if they threw the same cases on ABC, they made it out to be a wonderful thing, everyone I know is unhappy, some are going to US Foods, they are the highest paying around here now, Sysco used to be the best paying food job around.

Sounds like the same payscale we had at Sysco Iowa. Like I said in the other post, they threw it out. You can actually make more on the DIP but only if you're extremely fast, most aren't so most lose. I hope they never go to DIP here at Sysco Atlanta bcuz I average anywhere from $2,200-$3,400 a week on the ABC. But Sysco ATL is like the 2nd highest paid Sysco house in the nation...

We have these idiotic things over here at the Linde Group too..In addition to PeopleNet. Drivers dropping like flies over nothing. Teamsters doing absolutely NOTHING about it either. I will probably be next..

We just got a broadcast e-mail today instructing us not to use the camera to hang our hats on, or else and so forth.

Sounds like the same payscale we had at Sysco Iowa. Like I said in the other post, they threw it out. You can actually make more on the DIP but only if you're extremely fast, most aren't so most lose. I hope they never go to DIP here at Sysco Atlanta bcuz I average anywhere from $2,200-$3,400 a week on the ABC. But Sysco ATL is like the 2nd highest paid Sysco house in the nation...

What is the average made by a Sysco driver in Atlanta? Is $2,200 to $3,400 average for all drivers? That's a week and not bi-weekly?

My camera stays on in my truck they always calling me to office says i cant curse out the window at taxi drivers who cut me off..ha. .picture that with a kodak.we have some of the worst streets and highways here these cameras aint no good trying to tell us watch our following distance no smoking no drinkin coffee when we drive.whoever made the cams should have to drive wih one on him all day in NYC hen judge!!

We were told we can eat and drink, they get on to us for giving the camera the finger and screaming at it, I love doing that, I trip the camera and throw my hands up and scream like a little girl, they can't do nothin, except tell us not to do it, we still do.

You scream like a girl? I thought you were already a girl? Lol just kidding GT. Like I've said before I'm glad I dont have to deal with the cameras. I found out US Foods here in MN has the cameras. I guess everyone is gonna have cameras soon. Id rather make less per hour and not have cameras then make a alot of money and deal with those damn things. But then again who knows what I would do if Asian Foods called me. I'd probably stay at Apperts. A small family owned company. With no cameras and KW tractors lol

You scream like a girl? I thought you were already a girl? Lol just kidding GT. Like I've said before I'm glad I dont have to deal with the cameras. I found out US Foods here in MN has the cameras. I guess everyone is gonna have cameras soon. Id rather make less per hour and not have cameras then make a alot of money and deal with those damn things. But then again who knows what I would do if Asian Foods called me. I'd probably stay at Apperts. A small family owned company. With no cameras and KW tractors lol
Well Princess puff, if you don't have bad habits the cameras aren't a large deal, I have bad habits, therefore I hate the cameras, if your happy at Apperts that makes for a good day and is worth alot more than a few more dollars.