sysco cameras

lightpoll

TB Lurker
Credits
Is the camera going to be good or bad for the drivers? they told us it only come on if you hard braking or hit a pot hole.I don't believe them i think it's recording all the time. wondering if there going to be alot wright ups in the future.

When you hit a bump or brake hard, the LED flashes green and red, if it stays green, you're safe. If it turns red, it's recorded the previous 8 seconds and following 4 seconds, and it will upload the video sometime during the night. Unfortunately once it turns red you don't know if subsequent events have been recorded. I've managed to remember where most of the bumps are that set it off and change lanes or slow down. It's not recording full time, that would be way too much data to upload and process, not feasible.

So far, two of us have been suspended for smoking, one was fired for not wearing a seat belt, and one was fired for talking on the cell phone. I've been on vacation for two weeks, so there might be more people gone, never know. All of us have been written up, or "coached" about some everyday occurrence that the managers deem to be incorrect. And we just love being coached by someone with less than a weeks driving experience.

I think the technology is great, and as for as insurance and liability stuff goes, it's the right decision to have them in our trucks. Unfortunately we'll have to wade through ten thousand piles of bull**** before we get the one incident recorded that saves one of our asses.

Sysco MN and Sysco Asian Foods has them in there trucks. Thats the reason why I didnt go to Asian Foods because I dont like the idea of having cameras in the trucks. I feel I'm a professional and I dont need to be watched when I'm at work. How would they feel if they had cameras put in there office and was watched all day long?

Some Companies installed such Cameras watching the Office Workers.
Some Cameras are aimed at the entrance(s) however the viewing area captures office personnel too.
There are also Yard Cameras as MANY Companies have been using for decades.
----
It's INSANITY for those drivers that got fired for smoking cigarettes or cigars, like smoking while driving is so dangerous.
Smoking while driving naked could be dangerous.

Do the seat belts not have those adjusters so as to "loosen" the restraining??
Are those seat belts ORANGE??

Cameras ON after hitting Pot Holes and Curbs, coupled with the way roads are constructed, Cameras will be ON FULL TIME, other than parked vehicles.

Our produce company Fresh Point has them installed, the drivers tell me that once the light goes red as Mr. Ward was talking about, mgmt can look in on you at anytime, they tell me it cost a million per year I'm guessing for the fleet or opco to operate and maintain, as for insurance, I think the Eaton Vorad would have accomplished the same thing without having to invade a drivers privacy in the cab, I will more than likely hang my cap on the damn thing.

I really doubt the cameras have as much to do with insurance than it does with compliance with company policy, accountability, and determining fault, and deadening lawsuits by drivers. I'm sure it will be a form of entertainment for mgmt to watch me sing to the radio, pick my nose, and scratch my nuts, besides that I talk to myself all day, so they should get a kick out of that!

The Vorad system would have done more for determining fault than the cameras IMO, I have used the Vorad and felt secure knowing that if some asshat pulls directly in front of me, and slams on their brakes to turn left and I mowed them down, it would tell the story better than I could.

The cameras are what they are, a tool to inforce goofy ass policy.

im sure i will be written up. my camera goes off few times a week either hooking up or banging docks. i wonder how many curse words ive said on it that the overseas company laughs about before they sent it back to sysco.

im sure i will be written up. my camera goes off few times a week either hooking up or banging docks. i wonder how many curse words ive said on it that the overseas company laughs about before they sent it back to sysco.
Welcome hustling fool! Good to have you here, glad there is another nut to go along with all the other food guys that call this place home :)

I met a US Food driver on a dock who told me he was insulted when someone called him a truck driver. Just about anyone can drive from point a to point b and bump a dock. He is a "delivery driver", which is a completely different animal.

I've figured once a Truck Driver, always a Truck Driver regardless of type of Truck (day cab, road tractor, yard jockey, delivery van, dump, etc.) driven and if a Driver started OTR and is now Local, you're still, in my opinion, a Truck Driver.
WE ALL DELIVER STUFF!!

Will classifying oneself as a Delivery Driver negate the Cell Phone restriction??

No, but what does cell phone restriction have to do with anything?

Anyone can drive a truck, but not everyone would or could do what we do.

I think my skills as a truck driver take a back seat to what I do inside the trailer.

Sysco Baltimore has a list of drivers names on the board EVERY day to be called into th office and be harassed about what management deems improper. They have no problem firing and suspending drivers per company policy regardless of race, age, national origin,whether you have a family to support and your whole life is about to be ruined. But at the same time on the Direct Employment job board they have openigs for multipule drivers to start immediatly. So YES. At Sysco Jessup it is just another tool to get rid of as many seasoned drivers as they can.

Sysco Baltimore has a list of drivers names on the board EVERY day to be called into th office and be harassed about what management deems improper. They have no problem firing and suspending drivers per company policy regardless of race, age, national origin,whether you have a family to support and your whole life is about to be ruined. But at the same time on the Direct Employment job board they have openigs for multipule drivers to start immediatly. So YES. At Sysco Jessup it is just another tool to get rid of as many seasoned drivers as they can.

thats a smart move. why is it we have nuff stuff to worry bout like disrespectful drivers out there, delivering our groceries but why is it managment still wants to mess with us the blue collars that makes this company their money. maybe they need to go out there n toss some 6-10's on a two wheeler.

thats a smart move. why is it we have nuff stuff to worry bout like disrespectful drivers out there, delivering our groceries but why is it managment still wants to mess with us the blue collars that makes this company their money. maybe they need to go out there n toss some 6-10's on a two wheeler.

If they had to toss 6-10's like we do everyday, or break an entire cooler pallet just to get a stinkin box of milk and then put the thing back together again to get through to the freezer on the next stop, well, by golly they would be angered, be in a bad mood and looking for some payback, especially when they had to kiss their bosses rear and tell him how much fun it actually was..LOL, I'm glad mgmt can't do our work, it makes things that much more simple.