sysco cameras

US Foods Dallas will start installing cameras this week. If the thing comes on when you hit a pothole you won't make it off the yard here!

Sounds just wunderful for all you Drivers, oh, excuse me, DELIVERY DRIVERS, sorry 'bout that, with such cameras and sensitive systems.

Soon enough, you lucky DELIVERY DRIVERS you, there'll be a camera or 2 with sound recording installed in all Trailers, just for added safety.
Oh joy, oh joy!!

Some
Young
Snots
Causing
Opposition

Till next time.....end of line

Last edited by a moderator:
i was wondering bout that inside the trailer the other day. i couldve swore a saw a red light blinking inside the freezer TK while i was tossing bread out the side door. maybe it was me being paranoid or maybe not?

i was wondering bout that inside the trailer the other day. i couldve swore a saw a red light blinking inside the freezer TK while i was tossing bread out the side door. maybe it was me being paranoid or maybe not?
Today I was tossing everything that wouldn't break on the ground.. ;) key drops and in a big hurry...LOL no one around, what the hell, if it ain't gonna break who cares? Frozen paper, what the heck, boss caught me one time and gave me a talking to...still hurts my feelings...NOT!!!!

Today I was tossing everything that wouldn't break on the ground.. ;) key drops and in a big hurry...LOL no one around, what the hell, if it ain't gonna break who cares? Frozen paper, what the heck, boss caught me one time and gave me a talking to...still hurts my feelings...NOT!!!!

Yeah, you find out what breaks, eventually ;)

I delivered 70 cases of chicken to a buffet today. The guy in the cooler was rotating the stock when his stack of old chicken fell over. I told him not to worry, the chickens were long dead and didn't feel any pain.

Anyone know which shops have the cameras installed, and what do they see - outward towards traffic or inward towards us?

Anyone know which shops have the cameras installed, and what do they see - outward towards traffic or inward towards us?

We are all supposed to get them, they watch the driver I know that, I think its for policy compliance, the camera is off untill activated, once activated or the red light is on mgmt can look in on you at will I'm told, a hard bump might set it off or a hard brake, Ted Ward has them, I'll try and find the post he made about it, the only reason I know about it is because our produce company has them.

Is the hard braking event defined the same as like, say, JBHunt's? Hard braking event such as from 20+ to 0 in less than 20 seconds?

I'll look back at Ted Wards post, too. Thanks!

There are two cameras, one facing forward and one facing the driver. The one facing the driver can see a little bit out the driver side window.

From what I can tell, you hit a bump and the green LED starts flashing, alternating red and green. If it turns green, it doesn't do anything, if it stays red, then it has recorded twelve seconds, the eight seconds previous to the bump and four seconds following. There is a button on the camera in case you see something you want to record, hit the button and it will record the twelve seconds, like if there was a crash and the camera didn't go off.

The LED will stay red until the next day or until the truck battery dies. It uploads the videos during the night, or I assume as soon as you get a jump.

Any time I've been harassed about a "camera event", I knew I had set the camera off that day. I have no reason to believe that they are peeking in at me at any given time, it's not a real time camera. It's uploaded to the mothership every night, and each video is evaluated by the company who supplied the cameras. If they decide I've done something unsafe, they will pass the video along to our company and I will be harassed, I mean "coached". And we just love being evaluated and coached by people with little to no driving experience.

We haven't been "coached" for several months, but we've been very busy. I can't wait until the summer when management will have more time to review a 9 month backlog of videos.

Here is a picture (I hope):

230985_1905609914570_1071446031_32231032_3212179_n.jpg

Thanks Ted, I got that mgmt can look in on you because thats what our produce guys said, they said, don't smoke or dip make a call and put on your seat belt anytime the light is red, my cascadia has a battery kill switch on the back of the cab, sooo, if the damn light turns red, I'll kill the battery, make my delivery, then fire up the meth pipe..LOL!!

Is the hard braking event defined the same as like, say, JBHunt's? Hard braking event such as from 20+ to 0 in less than 20 seconds?

There's some sort of pendulum or gyroscope switch mechanism inside the thing, so any kind of hard brake can set it off, also it can go off if you dump the clutch, or change lanes too fast, or too fast on a turn. You can go over the same bump at the same speed in different trucks, it will go off in some trucks and not in others. It also depends on what trailer you are pulling, a 28' with springs will be bumpier than a 38' with air bags. Twin screw trucks set it off less often. This has led some of our drivers to believe that certain drivers were targeted and they turned the camera sensitivity up/down in their trucks, a paranoid lot, but that don't mean they aren't out to get us.

Here's a website (on topic this time) with videos, one from Sysco even.

Motor Vehicle Accident Prevention, Vehicle Accident Videos | DriveCam

If the light turns red and I let it record then get back in the truck and hang my hat on it, do you think I will get "coached"? That is if I'm not in a cascadia with a battery kill, I will keep my tools with me if I get shuttle, thataway I can kill the battery in the internationals.