sysco cameras

Wow. What a crazy day. I worked 3 hours past what I was paid for; cake and everyone from managers to central purchasing was waiting in dispatch for me when I pulled into the yard. I'm certainly going to miss the crew of guys I worked with! Even our other vendor drivers had asked to be re-routed to be able to catch up with me and say good-bye. Can't believe I don't haul wood any more...

Thanks Double R... Advice taken. And appreciated.

At this point I just can't wait to get started and see how many nights/days a week I'll be out, how many layovers I will have in reality, etc. I want to get this thing going. My kids (almost 21yo, 17yo and the little one's are 8) are all psyched and (hopefully) prepared for what this is going to do to our world... which will mean I can make the mortgage! and also they'll have to get used to a waaaay different schedule...

I'm excited... Let's go!!

Get to know your shop stewards quick as you can, mgmt at sysco can be a real pain, depending on the house, just do what your told, when your told to do it and how they tell you, once probation is over and your in the union, you can relax and get to the task of getting quick and making the duckets!!

And pick up some Ben Gay when you're at the grocery store this weekend :1036316054:

That ain't no ****!!! Tell your boyfriend, or the kids to get their massaging gloves on, give it 3 weeks of being sore and you will be over it, I keep a full bottle of crack..er..I mean..alieve in my bag at all times, I'm 45 and I feel every year, I still enjoy it though to spite the pain.

It does get in your blood WT, seems alot of people that get into foodservice, can't get out of it, they just don't want to! Its a funny way of life/career, it does something to you once you start doing it.

I can't wait to talk to you in 6 months or a year, your gonna be trippin like the rest of us!!!

Edit: I'm 44, turn 45 July, 17th, any birthday gifts of cash or stuff, PM me and I'll give you my address...I expect my PM box to blow up!!! I know ya'll love me like that!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Dude. Look around, Big Brother is everywhere...

I'm prepared for the pain, even joked with the guys at Parr that I'll stop in to see them in about 4 weeks when I can walk without hurting, lol! Ben Gay and Aleve, they'll be my new best friends!

The part about getting under your skin; I hear ya. I watched it happen with my dad and a few of my friends. Dad went from logging to grocery, and loved it, friends went from either logging or lumber and got into groceries and stayed for good...

Here's to working a ton the first 6 months, getting past the probation period quickly and getting used to it all! :guiness:

GT I've been doing foodservice for a total of 4 years now and I hate it LOL!!!! WT I've been in and out of foodservice. GT knows this. I've done LTL Freight, done OTR flatbed but I always find my way back to foodservice. For one I like doing my route then going home. I also like starting early and getting done early. Bad side is yes we work holidays. But that dont bother me either because I dont do anything on the holidays and when I work I make more money that way. Good luck WT and just take a easy and dont rush. Enjoy it because dealing with customers can be fun.

I'll miss flatbed... we always said flatbed drivers like to do it out in the open... :) LTL, my BIL hauls ltl freight, not a job I want.

At Sysco, I can't beat the bennies, hopefully the hours are okay, hoping for a early start after my first 6mo, since that's what I'm used to and love. Best case I could start 18:00 to 23:00 and finish next morning/early afternoon. I'm waiting to see what this shop hands me.

Moneyman... "proud to be a dad"... I grew up raised by a foodservice driver, how does your kid handle the hours? Or has he been used to it for a while? I used to listen to the ham radio and find out when my dad was coming down the mountain, if my step-mom wouldn't take us into town, I would ride my bike there to meet him for ice cream, he never saw me cheer when I was a cheerleader, he missed alot, but I never felt like he was missing my life... I knew he was workin his butt off to raise us.

My son is turning 1 next month and unfortunately me and his mom broke up about 2 months ago. So I dont have him all the time and that tears me apart. Even with my hours I will always be there for him and if hes in sports I will make it there even if I only sleep 3 hrs unless if I'm on a layover. My dad drove garbage trucks when I was growing up. He started at 1 am and eventually started at 3 or 4 but he always made it to my football games.

We have a female working at MB. Shes in her late 40s or early 50s I think and shes still throwing groceries. I have seen another female with some other company delivering groceries and I must say she was good looking. I bet all her customers loved her LOL. Good luck at Sysco. Never worked there and I dont plan on it.

My son is turning 1 next month and unfortunately me and his mom broke up about 2 months ago. So I dont have him all the time and that tears me apart. Even with my hours I will always be there for him and if hes in sports I will make it there even if I only sleep 3 hrs unless if I'm on a layover. My dad drove garbage trucks when I was growing up. He started at 1 am and eventually started at 3 or 4 but he always made it to my football games.

We have a female working at MB. Shes in her late 40s or early 50s I think and shes still throwing groceries. I have seen another female with some other company delivering groceries and I must say she was good looking. I bet all her customers loved her LOL. Good luck at Sysco. Never worked there and I dont plan on it.

LOL! Easy now, you know you gotta be tough to hack it at Sysco, we ain't got a cush job like MB, we work for our green :)

MM - I commend you for planning on making it to what you can for your kid. I can't say as much for my ex after he left unexpectedly last summer. His leaving is the reason I moved to Sysco. I was drowning, although loving my job. Bennies and money just weren't there. Do what you can, it'll be best for your kid!

The layovers make me a bit nervous, but I thank god my older kids don't wanna move out yet, I can work my ass off for the next few years until I get a bid...

I look at it this way: I can support my kids, pay my mortgage and Sysco is paying me to work out! Ready to work my butt off and reap the benefits...

Last edited by a moderator:
One perk of this job WT, and you will see it, is this is a very rewarding job, you will get extrememly close to your customers, I have made life long friends in this job, on the flip side you might see customers that hate Sysco and have no choice but to use us and are very bitter about it, I have a few of those, most are 13 case stops, I try and talk them into moving on, 13 cases don't pay the company to drive 30 miles out of the way, recieve cash, then cost the company to get a money order, those are dirtbag customers and I do nothing for them, just the bare minimum I have to, the ones that are good people I bend over backwards for, I do things for them that could get me in hot water if the bosses knew, they pay me back 10 times over in kindness and other perks, like lunch, good conversation, and the satisfaction I get knowing I am going to look forward to seeing them.

Thanks WT. I hate to say this but GT is right. You can get close to your customers. Some are decent and others will make your job very difficult. GT my job isnt all that cushy. We do 1200 to 1600 cases a day everyday. Dont forget about frozen bun racks which I hate.

WT if you dont mind me asking how old are your kids?

MM - my oldest (boy) will be 21 in May, my middle (girl) will be 18 in July, and the triplets (identical boys and a girl) are 8, almost 9. One of the triplets (boy) passed away when they were a month old, so I have 2 8 year olds living. One of the little ones (boy) is SN, on the autism spectrum, and CP (mild). After the triplets were born, I stayed at home for 3 1/2 years, then slowly went back to full time. Since I drove local I was able to be there for everything that they needed. I'm glad for that. This is going to be a big change for them, but with support of my older kids, and other family we'll make it!

1200 to 1600 cases? 53' or doubles?

O ok. Sounds like a nice lil family you got. Sorry to hear about one of the triplets. I really hope it all works out for you.

We pull 48s. They are completely packed in the morning. We only do 4-6 stops a day and you can usually be done pretty early

Thanks. My kids have an amazing story, and we have a busy household!

I think in about 2 weeks i'll b be wishing I were with your company with that few stops! :)

Yeah today i did 4 stops and 1050 cases. was done in 6 hours. CAKE work. We dont use 2 wheelers either. It is by far the easiest food gig out there

Nice! I watched videos alllllllll day. Damn! Can't wait to get in a truck...

I need the work to help me keep in shape, though! :)

we got the cameras in harrisburg pa. i run shuttle it goes off on every bridge swerved to miss a deer it went off if you drive a mack the sun visor will block it out but not a freightliner just something else for corporate to cover their asses at our expense i have been driving for 31 years without any accidents dont think i will change the way i drive.

we got the cameras in harrisburg pa. i run shuttle it goes off on every bridge swerved to miss a deer it went off if you drive a mack the sun visor will block it out but not a freightliner just something else for corporate to cover their asses at our expense i have been driving for 31 years without any accidents dont think i will change the way i drive.

Hi Spongebob!!!

Glad to hear you are still with the Sysco shuttle deal, I bid to shuttle this time, I'm liking it! We do 2 trips to Norman OK out of Tulsa, 8 hrs total driving in these 57-60 mph trucks, then there is the waiting at the warehouse, at least on the 2nd trip our stuff is ready, doing 58 hrs a week more or less, making better money than I did on the route!!!

GT