sysco cameras

Hi Spongebob!!!

Glad to hear you are still with the Sysco shuttle deal, I bid to shuttle this time, I'm liking it! We do 2 trips to Norman OK out of Tulsa, 8 hrs total driving in these 57-60 mph trucks, then there is the waiting at the warehouse, at least on the 2nd trip our stuff is ready, doing 58 hrs a week more or less, making better money than I did on the route!!!

GT

At Least your working Hard at it grocerythrower,That's the good thing.

Whenever he calls me I just sit there and pick on him to or if I text him. Hes a really good guy and good friend

Your humble driver in action:

[video=youtube_share;Mm13Kl9xd4I]http://youtu.be/Mm13Kl9xd4I[/video]

This stunt earned me a nice gift card and half a page in the newsletter.

Gotta report the good as well as the bad.

I just hope I don't do nothing stupid tomorrow, or in the near or far future.

Your humble driver in action:

[video=youtube_share;Mm13Kl9xd4I]http://youtu.be/Mm13Kl9xd4I[/video]

This stunt earned me a nice gift card and half a page in the newsletter.

Gotta report the good as well as the bad.

I just hope I don't do nothing stupid tomorrow, or in the near or far future.

I swear Ted, I have looked at that 20 times, you did good, I would have been saying some bad things I'm sure, now when the camera goes off I just give it the old peace sign to the left, sometimes I cross my arms like I'm shielding my face and scream, anything to F with those douche bags, honestly, I can see the value in the cameras, but I didn't start driving 20 yrs ago to be spied on today, I never thought it would come to this, we drivers are regulated and watched to the hilt!!!! I know we have become a cash cow but damn.

I seem to be able to get my little diggs in on mgmt over this camera, its always met with resistance, imagine that, my boss was about to **** himself he was so delighted to see us on camera, I figure the toy will wear its new off in a year or so and mgmt can get back to the business of running a warehouse and shuttle yards, they are having a hell of a time accomplishing that! Now with the cameras, and all the video to view, and all the drivers to identify, it just distracts there attention from what they ought to be doing in the first damn place...yea cameras.

I say drive cam can send their best looking gal down to my yard and she can blow me..thats what I think of the whole chibada.

I had just pulled out of a parking lot, top speed in the video is 21 mph. I'm glad I wasn't in a castratea, I would have been going too fast to stop.

I got a question Ted, when I hit a bump and the light is green, it flashes between red and green and then goes back to green, no one will tell us what that means, I have never had an event that made it stay red, I come to work and the light is green or red, if its red at 0145 it downloads and goes back to green, I have never had an event where the camera stays red, it always goes back to green...what gives?

Also is there any truth to when the light is red the admin can look in on us at anytime? The Fresh Point guys told me that.

Hey GT,

I've probably said a lot of this stuff before...

The camera has to have a pendulum or gyroscope or some related gizmo to let it know when it gets too bumpy. It, like a DVR is recording all the time. I don't know the requirements are for it to actually save the recording, imo to have it flash red and then stay green is useless, in fact a distraction. Perhaps it starts flashing when the doohickey is triggered, but it won't save the recording unless it is triggered twice, or the pendulum has to swing so high? I don't know. I know I've been hit twice and the thing hasn't gone off, and another driver said someone damaged his truck over the weekend, but no recording.

We've only been called up when it's turned red, I think we're safe if it stays green, I think they gave us a manual, maybe it's in there.

Oh wait, there's a FAQ:
The Driving Event Recorder Solution for Driver Risk Management | DriveCam

Q. What does it mean if a single LED flashes red-green for a short time, the LED stays on red for a short time and then turns green?

A. This pattern indicates that the VER stored an event and, after analyzing it, found that it was not likely to be related to risky driving. The VER flagged the event as filtered. The green lit LED indicates that there are no risky driving events and no warning messages to download.

I like my hookeydoo explanation better.

Newer trucks with newer suspension don't set it off as much as the junkers. This is probably why you don't have any events. Dual axle trucks take the bumps much better as well. This led to the rumor that they could set the sensitivity of the gadget and were able to target specific drivers.

Now if the LED stays red, and you have a second event that is saved, you'll never know it. It will flash green a few times and continue to be red. So probably one of the Fresh Point driver had an event recorded, remembered when it happened, had a second event, didn't know it recorded and was chewed out by his boss about the second event and concluded that they were somehow able to spy on him or her at will after the first event, and the browbeating was so severe that a rumor started.

Satellite telephone communication ranges from $1 to $10 per minute, on top of your monthly service fee, video data is much larger than voice data. I mean we're making money, but the bandwidth required for live video streaming from the truck through the satellite back to the office would have a cost of congressional proportions, if the service were even possible or available at this time, which is probably why it only uploads once a day in the middle of the night when the satellites aren't so busy and they can probably get a discount.

Just you wait until they make you wear one of these:
Mind-reading helmets on the horizon for fighter pilots | Fox News

And on that note I'll leave you with the prediction that sometime in the future these drivecams will become standard equipment in all passenger vehicles sold in the United States. This new safety equipment will be required by the government just like seatbelts and airbags. The camera will not belong to the car owner but it will be the property of the DOT, like all other traffic cams, and there will be severe penalties for tampering with it.

I dont know how a company thinks its ok to put cameras in the trucks. Ive always thought it was wrong. How would they like to be looked at all day long. I know GTs opinion on them but what is everyone elses opinion? Thats the only reason why I would be nervous about going to Sysco Asian Foods. My buddy that works there says they dont bother him at all...

Thank you so much Ted, you made more sense and answered more questions than mgmt has nutt sacks on the chin, I appreciate you taking the time to look at it for me, I will pass the info on to my shuttle brothers. You ROCK my friend, and thanks a thousand times!!:1036316054:

Around here, we haven't heard dick about the cameras, at least in the shuttle yards mgmt is either to busy to jack with it or the new toy got old pretty quick.

I do my thing, like everyone else, I guess its all a million dollar a year policy enforcement wash.