Sysco Cleveland info

B

Buckeye80

Well, I have an upcoming interview with Sysco out of Cleveland (union) and hopefully a pending job offer. As of now, I work for a paper and packaging distribution company making 10 to 25 stops a day with partial breaking down of pallets and hand unloading and partially pulling a pallet or two off and checking it without touching the freight. Usually I work between 55 and 60 hours a week and was grossing $1200 weekly. However, we were informed of a major pay cut and I will now be making around $200 to $250 less per week working the same hours. Should I take the risk with Sysco for the future ? Im 29 and in good shape but I have a large mortgage payment and very little expendable income. If anyone can honestly answer these few questions it would greatly help.

1. The pay at Sysco starts at $18.10 hourly, is this standard or low ?

2. What are the average first year earnings for a casual driver and what do top Sysco drivers make ?

3. How often do you work weekends and do you ever get off 2 consecutive days ?

4. How are the benefits as a whole ?

Good luck getting an answer. I'm still trying to get info on Sysco in L.A . One thing I do know is starting pay is 23.00 an hour and these guys make about 80,000 a year.

I know nothing about Sysco in CLE, all I can say to you is if you can get on do it!! you will do better than you are doing now, especialy when you get faster, if they have an ABC program, we are union and we have ABC, Sysco Kansas City is union and when my friend worked there it was straight by the hr, no ABC pay, IDK what they do as of now, Sysco is a great company, IMO its the best a guy can do in the food biz!

[quote author=powderpusher link=topic=82956.msg857698#msg857698 date=1281572777]
Good luck getting an answer. I'm still trying to get info on Sysco in L.A . One thing I do know is starting pay is 23.00 an hour and these guys make about 80,000 a year.
[/quote]Your not going to get an answer either, unless someone knows about Sysco LA, move to Oklahoma and go to work, I'll give you all the info you want, the best advice I can give you is find one of the drivers and see if he has time to chat with you about it, you will get the straight scoop that way, I recomend finding more than one guy though, ask a couple the same questions.

I've been keeping my eyes peeled for a driver, but I only see them on the road. I think I'm gonna hook up my cb to my work truck and follow one around the freeway. I know sysco is a top shelf company to work for, from what I hear on the street. :buttkisser:

Thanks for the replies, after a bit of persistance I wound up talking to two drivers the other day. Both liked the company but cautioned me that hitting 70 hours during the busy season is not uncommon.

After seeing the benefits and compensation, this seems like a tough job to pass up. Any other useful info would be awesome though!