ABF | Sysco driver boston

Did they get into the pension plan or go for the hourly pay?
The new contract includes significant improvements, including an $11.00 per hour raise over five years (starting with $5.00 in year one); life-changing improvements in retirement benefits; maintenance of industry-leading, affordable union health care; overtime improvements; and MLK Day as a paid holiday.

The new contract includes significant improvements, including an $11.00 per hour raise over five years (starting with $5.00 in year one); life-changing improvements in retirement benefits; maintenance of industry-leading, affordable union health care; overtime improvements; and MLK Day as a paid holiday.
Hopefully this will be a measuring stick for our contract. I think ABF knows they had a fire sale with the last two contracts (thanks Ernie & Hoffa) & it's time to pay up....

Anything less than 7hr over 5years, cola changed to no cap, no giveback on anything will be a no from me.
I want 7 over 3 years, and everything else you said....look at how they can't find people now, and I just don't mean trucking, but all industries.... and it will only get worse as more and more boomers retire....we don't make much more than a guy stocking shelves now, but we have drug tests, physicals, hazmat, expensive licensing costs.....not to mention fines if we make a mistake....forced to work grueling hours....

I will assure you with all the new hires abf has brought in over past 5 years this will be a Yes vote on first try unfortunately. I spoke with a member just last week and he said it’s best job he ever had and wouldn’t vote no due to fear of Abf shutting down. Sounds like management has already gotten to him

I will assure you with all the new hires abf has brought in over past 5 years this will be a Yes vote on first try unfortunately. I spoke with a member just last week and he said it’s best job he ever had and wouldn’t vote no due to fear of Abf shutting down. Sounds like management has already gotten to him
Like I said earlier hoping Obrien doesn't even bring any trash to vote on.

“As long as they don’t mess with the retirement or insurance I’m voting yes”. I heard that from multiple guys with 20+ years in last contract. So don’t think it’s just the new hires who will be quick to vote yes.

“As long as they don’t mess with the retirement or insurance I’m voting yes”. I heard that from multiple guys with 20+ years in last contract. So don’t think it’s just the new hires who will be quick to vote yes.
I like to think people will be angry about the change in hours of service, getting a crappy nickel for cola, and falling further behind on wages...all while the company makes record profits....if this doesn't do it, I don't know what will....