Sysco=joke

Working for Sysco oklahoma is like having the life sucked out of you

Oh hell, it ain't that bad! I wouldn't say its like having life sucked out of you. Its a job, and a hard one, but if I felt that way about it, I sure wouldn't be here.

What yard are you out of? You can PM me if you like, well...after you post a few more times maybe. Anyhow, like anything else, its what you make out of it.

Lol. I didn't work for Sysco but I worked for the #2 company for a year. It's all the same bs. They don't care if your a great driver. All they care about if you can unload the stuff in unrealistic times, hurry,hurry,hurry. They should honestly pay twice the salary for the amount of work and bs you deal with from customers who look down on you and the corporate jerks you deal with. I'm 100% glad I got fired cause I'd still be there. Love my LTL linehaul job and my wrist finally healed up after 6 months. When I top out in 3yrs I'll be making close to what a 15-20yr guy makes without being beat up physically and mentally. LTL companies look highly on people coming from Sysco etc. So in the spring if your looking to get out I would definitely consider it. It's funny cause right before they put cameras in the trucks they were saying we got a big announcement that the drivers would be happy about. Everyone was thinking new equipment, raises or something, not bend over here you go! That's the crap your dealing with in these companies.

Lol. I didn't work for Sysco but I worked for the #2 company for a year. It's all the same bs. They don't care if your a great driver. All they care about if you can unload the stuff in unrealistic times, hurry,hurry,hurry. They should honestly pay twice the salary for the amount of work and bs you deal with from customers who look down on you and the corporate jerks you deal with. I'm 100% glad I got fired cause I'd still be there. Love my LTL linehaul job and my wrist finally healed up after 6 months. When I top out in 3yrs I'll be making close to what a 15-20yr guy makes without being beat up physically and mentally. LTL companies look highly on people coming from Sysco etc. So in the spring if your looking to get out I would definitely consider it. It's funny cause right before they put cameras in the trucks they were saying we got a big announcement that the drivers would be happy about. Everyone was thinking new equipment, raises or something, not bend over here you go! That's the crap your dealing with in these companies.

LTL is no different, I worked for Fedex freight for 7 long wasted years, I dealt with more bull **** there than I ever have at Sysco or any other food company, this job is what you make of it, I like it so I stay, I will never, ever, go back to LTL, I would rather mop floors. In fact, I wouldn't go back to FXF if they paid me double what the other guys make. Thats how much I hated the BS over there.

7 yrs to form my opinion, in the first 2 yrs of LTL, I thought it was grand, then all the grab ass and back stabbin, the mgmt games, they started to get old.

Wow, just that one sentence alone is enough to keep me away, LOL.

I'm trying to figure out who he is, if it wasn't the end of the week, I could probably get an idea, actually I have one, might be Jarrod L, I'll have to dig a little.

I hate when a person posts 1 negative post and don't man up to it. But hey, some folks don't like hard work.

I'm trying to figure out who he is, if it wasn't the end of the week, I could probably get an idea, actually I have one, might be Jarrod L, I'll have to dig a little.

I hate when a person posts 1 negative post and don't man up to it. But hey, some folks don't like hard work.
I agree. where is the rest of the story? One sentence. Tells me that it's not just Sysco that's the problem ;)

I figured it was the guy I thought it was, we all tried to help him out, then he brought a trailer back to the yard with 7 stops on it, and quit, what a douche bag.

Yeah, that happened here a couple of months ago, a guy from the warehouse decided he wanted to be a driver, got a taste of his own medicine and you know the story, he lasted a couple of weeks. His last day his last cooler pallet fell forward, because they didn't secure the bulkhead and it looked like a mess, but he only had like five stops left. He must have been a young 'un with better prospects.

Yeah, that happened here a couple of months ago, a guy from the warehouse decided he wanted to be a driver, got a taste of his own medicine and you know the story, he lasted a couple of weeks. His last day his last cooler pallet fell forward, because they didn't secure the bulkhead and it looked like a mess, but he only had like five stops left. He must have been a young 'un with better prospects.

Finish the route then quit, I have about had it here, I'm nearly done, but I would never quit in the middle of a route, not ever!

Shoot, we had a supervisor quit because they sent him on a route too many times, and another supervisor quit when he realized that's where he was headed on bad days.

The first driver we hired for our new yard quit halfway through the route on his first day on his own. Brought back 5 stops and said he can't do it. Funny thing is, he use to deliver beer. Think that would be harder.

The first driver we hired for our new yard quit halfway through the route on his first day on his own. Brought back 5 stops and said he can't do it. Funny thing is, he use to deliver beer. Think that would be harder.

No, food is much harder than beverage, to many products to sort and pick, it overwhelms some guys and their brain just can't handle it. I don't care how bad of day it is or how hard, like I said before I will never quit in the middle, I will see it through, then quit.

BTW, I have never quit a job without notice.

Around here some beer companies are harder to work for then food companies. He couldn't handle it because he was well, lazy. Sorry our trucks arn't loaded perfect everyday but you get use to it. The last two weeks I had the two drivers that I stole of my last company riding with me. Both seen a BIG difference the first day between the two companies and both are glad they switched. This company is REAL foodservice(like you do @ Sysco). Our last company was a nich company trying to play with the big boys, LOL. Plus, working for the company itself and not a 3PL makes a big difference.

After so many bad days, yeah, I could see some people saying f' it and bringing the trailer back half empty, I'm with you GT, I couldn't quit without notice, but dang, for the uninitiated, those who have never had to really work before, yeah, I understand. This work isn't for the timid, let them go wrap burrito's or assemble burgers for a while.

And then feed them to me!

Last edited by a moderator:
okay off topic again.

When I was driving a pickup truck for a living (locating underground utilities) I really hated cab drivers, because of the way they drive, even though I used to be a cab driver. Shoot, I was a bouncer in a topless bar, but I still like......

So now that I'm a truck driver, I really hate bus drivers for the way they drive, or specifically they can't freakin' drive, how did they get that job, I'd fire most of those a-holes if I was their supervisor and saw what I see...

The point is, I also hate beer drivers, because with their silly straight trucks they park any damn where they please and usually block me, when they could park a few feet over or something... and not have to do any more work, but no, they are in my freakin' way all the time dang, I really need to sleep or go to a meeting and vent or something. Thanks you guys, I love y'all really. Except if you drive a cab, bus or beer truck.

okay off topic again.

When I was driving a pickup truck for a living (locating underground utilities) I really hated cab drivers, because of the way they drive, even though I used to be a cab driver. Shoot, I was a bouncer in a topless bar, but I still like......

So now that I'm a truck driver, I really hate bus drivers for the way they drive, or specifically they can't freakin' drive, how did they get that job, I'd fire most of those a-holes if I was their supervisor and saw what I see...

The point is, I also hate beer drivers, because with their silly straight trucks they park any damn where they please and usually block me, when they could park a few feet over or something... and not have to do any more work, but no, they are in my freakin' way all the time dang, I really need to sleep or go to a meeting and vent or something. Thanks you guys, I love y'all really. Except if you drive a cab, bus or beer truck.

I hate people that don't pay attention at a green light, then the drive off and make me look like the D-bag, I F'in hate that ****!