Sysco Oklahoma

grocerythrower

TB Legend
Credits
I am now a proud member of the Sysco family, I gave my notice today, got hired last week pending physical and drug test, HR called last night and all came back great, my last day with PFG will be Friday the 11th of June, then I go to orientation for 2 days and ride for 2 weeks then I'm off and running, Sysco OK are teamsters, OK is right to work but the pay and ins is negotiated by the teamsters, I was in the food and commercial workers union and they helped me with pay a time or 2 when no one else could so I'm sure I will join, I'll have to talk to the guys and the rep, most of the remote shuttle sites, from what I'm told are not paying dues members, I'll have to see I suppose.

congrats I sterted with sysco central pa. in dec. great job I do the shuttle thing after 17 years in freight it is good to know I dont have to worry about working.

Are you working out of Tulsa? I worked for Sysco Oklahoma as a resident driver for 5 and a half years. The first 4 were very good. The last one our contract was coming up and company treated us like dogs. Went on strike for 4 months company got everything they wanted. I wish you luck, Sysco was a good job for a while. I was lucky and moved into freight. I would not join the Teamsters union if I were you. We had zero backing from the international and company done what they seen fit no matter what the contract said. Things may have changed, I dont know. Everyone I was friends with has left the company. When I left the pay was good and so was the insurance so that counts for something.

[quote author=top dawg link=topic=80592.msg836723#msg836723 date=1276314625]
Are you working out of Tulsa? I worked for Sysco Oklahoma as a resident driver for 5 and a half years. The first 4 were very good. The last one our contract was coming up and company treated us like dogs. Went on strike for 4 months company got everything they wanted. I wish you luck, Sysco was a good job for a while. I was lucky and moved into freight. I would not join the Teamsters union if I were you. We had zero backing from the international and company done what they seen fit no matter what the contract said. Things may have changed, I dont know. Everyone I was friends with has left the company. When I left the pay was good and so was the insurance so that counts for something.
[/quote]

I remember your strike, I was doing tulsa to okc for fedex, the tulsa drivers were dropping trailers in stroud, tulsa couldn't strike due to a no sympathy strike clause or something, bout every night a van load of guys would come to harass the tulsa shuttle drivers, highway patrol finally stationed theirselves there, it got nasty a couple of times.

Yes out of tulsa, I'll talk to the guys and the rep and see, I was in UFCW I was told that union was weak but we had a good rep and it made all the difference, I'll have to see.