Sysco Portland

mcb99

TB Lurker
Credits
Does anyone on here work for Sysco in Portland Oregon? I have a friend that works for them, and pretty much tells me the turn over is crazy high and that people are getting burnt out fast because everyone is working 70 hour work weeks. I've done food service delivery and beer, but what worries me is that he says that nobody stays at this sysco even the top guys end up leaving. I just wanted to get someone else's input that might work at this location. Thanks in advance.

I don't work that location but can tell you that high turnover is pretty common with Sysco in general, especially in the first year. I tell people it takes a special kind of dumba@@ to do this work, it all depends on your attitude and your motivation for wanting to do this for a living. Even people who like it will tell you how horribly frustrating it can be. Drivers who've been around for years quit for different reasons; some are tired of hurting everyday, kids grow up/move out and the income isn't as important as it once was, so the work's no longer worth it, that stuff.
High turnover here worked in my favor when I first started. 6 months in I was almost halfway up the seniority list and we were hurting so bad for help that I had set routes pretty much from the get go.

Sysco Pittsburgh just lost a 15+ driver and is very close to losing a 20+ year driver. More on this later ;)

Does anyone on here work for Sysco in Portland Oregon? I have a friend that works for them, and pretty much tells me the turn over is crazy high and that people are getting burnt out fast because everyone is working 70 hour work weeks. I've done food service delivery and beer, but what worries me is that he says that nobody stays at this sysco even the top guys end up leaving. I just wanted to get someone else's input that might work at this location. Thanks in advance.

Send wiggletrain a message, she can answer every question you have about that location.

we have had alot of turn overs because of many reason. workload, hours, no family/social life, the labor, cant hack it, accidents, etc... the company is expecting more and more out of us and we can only handle so much for so long before we break down...