Sysco to Buy US Foods

It's not a done deal. Pending approval from the FTC. Won't be complete until third quarter of 2014.

Yea, I better quit running my head, I forget that I'm fat and out of shape and your young and in shape throwing groceries! I'm not concerned about GR, he loves me to much to beat me up.
Young and in shap? Thanks for the compliment. I may be younger than you(not much) but some days I feel like I'm 60 lol. I need a nice, cushy job like you have.

Honestly I'm starting to feel really feel the aches from doing foodservice. My shoulder has been bothering me alot lately when I'm strapping and unstrapping. I need a linehaul run myself. I have to work 55 hrs a week to make what my dad does in 40 hrs.

There is one good thing about sysco buying us foods. Sysco shouldn't have a driver shortage anymore. They'll have plenty of drivers now

Honestly I'm starting to feel really feel the aches from doing foodservice. My shoulder has been bothering me alot lately when I'm strapping and unstrapping. I need a linehaul run myself. I have to work 55 hrs a week to make what my dad does in 40 hrs.

There is one good thing about sysco buying us foods. Sysco shouldn't have a driver shortage anymore. They'll have plenty of drivers now

I think it'll be the case initially, but not for the long haul.
1) KC US Foods isn't union (neither are we), once the business transitions over they won't be running 2x the routes as we have a lot of shared accounts + some chains could be moved to Sygma. They'll see a bunch of extra bodies as extra expensive and let people go (probably from both sides) early on.
2) They all work 4 days/wk now, none of us do. Some won't want to work 5 and quit.
3) Bye-bye US Foods company paid pension
4) This is the biggie, especially for those who've been around a while over there. The last time Sysco rolled in drivers from a purchased company (Asian Foods) they recognized seniority for purposes of vacation accumulation only, but all their drivers were put underneath our bottom guys for all other reasons based on the date they came to Sysco. Drivers who'd been there for years slotted underneath the newest Sysco driver. Assuming the Sysco warehouse stays open vs running the warehouse + their current drop yard I don't see it going any differently this time since they aren't union.

Thats what I mean. They have enough drivers now to fill the open positions but then get rid of the extra drivers they have. US foods had a company paid pension? Here in MN they are Union and have a union pension. Same with Sysco MN.

Also I forgot Asian foods had a warehouse down there. The asian food warehouse is still open here. My buddy works for them and they are pretty busy