SAIA | System hometime

Yeah I thought the same thing when I worked for Sysco lol. They quickly would tell you that you was just a laborer with a CDL
I had Saia tell me that as well. That drivers were "easily replaced" and that "a trained monkey could do your job." When I rebuffed by asking why they had to offer a signing bonus, I could hear the crickets chirp. Furthermore, I told them they should start giving retention bonuses as well. Same reaction. "You're just a number, but you don't count" Go figure

I had Saia tell me that as well. That drivers were "easily replaced" and that "a trained monkey could do your job." When I rebuffed by asking why they had to offer a signing bonus, I could hear the crickets chirp. Furthermore, I told them they should start giving retention bonuses as well. Same reaction. "You're just a number, but you don't count" Go figure
I can only say I’ve been treated with respect since I’ve been here and if that crap was told to me I would immediately report it to HR. You see Buck if you allow that type of behavior it will continue.

In my experience Train, HR tends to side with management over drivers. It is a culture of "us against them." Kinda a weird way to run a company I think. In my case, HR never took my side (and went so far as accusing me of lying) until I recorded these incidents for proof; my word wasn't good enough

In my experience Train, HR tends to side with management over drivers. It is a culture of "us against them." Kinda a weird way to run a company I think. In my case, HR never took my side (and went so far as accusing me of lying) until I recorded these incidents for proof; my word wasn't good enough
In some cases that may be true. But it never hurts to report things because as others report things a pattern will start to develop. You can’t call people a “trained monkey” and expect not to develop a bad reputation. It’s inevitable in this business that you get some bad drivers and managers. The company culture here is designed to weed them out and in most cases they do. But as you know nothing is perfect and sometimes things slip between the cracks. It’s up to us to not become cynical when they do.

Last edited:
Why would you think, the company would prefer a truck driver over a trained monkey?
Drivers complain and gripe over anything and everything.
Throw the monkey a few peanuts, he's happy, a banana would be a great signing bonus.

I can only say I’ve been treated with respect since I’ve been here and if that crap was told to me I would immediately report it to HR. You see Buck if you allow that type of behavior it will continue.
I’m agree. They’ve always treated me with respect. As far as HR goes they’ve always been fair. They might not always tell me what I want to hear but at least they were honest with me.