FedEx Freight | Take action NOW!!!

Now is the time for...

• CALL IN THE UNION AND START SIGNING CARDS.

Votes: 74 34.6%
  • KEEP CALLING HARRISON TELLING THEM THIS IS WRONG.

Votes: 9 4.2%
  • IT'S OVER , DONE DEAL , I'M GOING TO LIVE WITH IT.

Votes: 121 56.5%
  • BRING IT TO THE MEDIA'S ATTENTION TELLING HOW UNJUST FED EX IS.

Votes: 10 4.7%

• Total voters
Never thought I would say this, and I have been against it most of my career here...but it is time to sign. If they don't care what happens to us, why should we care what happens to them. Bill C is killing the south and the Nashville region is out of control with Dave R firing all the good managers and Darrell H and Kevin in CHA the way they treat us drivers. Give me a card. I am finally FEDUP.

Never thought I would say this, and I have been against it most of my career here...but it is time to sign. If they don't care what happens to us, why should we care what happens to them. Bill C is killing the south and the Nashville region is out of control with Dave R firing all the good managers and Darrell H and Kevin in CHA the way they treat us drivers. Give me a card. I am finally FEDUP.

Maybe you should go to the YRC forum and see how wonderful they have been treated through there whole merger/dovetail, and then come back and you will see that they are being as fair as they can be. In a merger like this, not everybody is going to be happy with the outcome, some will even lose there job, and Im sorry to hear about anyone losing there job, but at least they are offering a severance PKG. I don't remember anyone from YRC being offered a severance???

As far as MGR's and SUP's losing there jobs. If we were union, wouldn't they be company employees, therefore the union wouldn't do anything to keep there jobs???

Maybe you should go to the YRC forum and see how wonderful they have been treated through there whole merger/dovetail, and then come back and you will see that they are being as fair as they can be. In a merger like this, not everybody is going to be happy with the outcome, some will even lose there job, and Im sorry to hear about anyone losing there job, but at least they are offering a severance PKG. I don't remember anyone from YRC being offered a severance???

As far as MGR's and SUP's losing there jobs. If we were union, wouldn't they be company employees, therefore the union wouldn't do anything to keep there jobs???

Ditto that!!!:1036316054:

Union Nuts

You do realize that the union has actually caused this country to be making less than it did in 1955. Do the math. If you adjust for inflation. In 1955 a Father could buy a house have 2 or 3 kids and a decent car and take a yearly vacation ( usually a driving one) on 1 income. Can you do that now? Ask my uncle Mike what working for Yellow as a teamster was like. He hasn't worked in 2 years. All thre teamster pension funds are broke. East-Bankrupt, Central-scraping by, West-Barely scraping by. UPS gave the teamsters 6 million dollars for their pension fund when UPS Freight voted the teamsters in. They lost 3 million in the first 45 days. I know this because I worked for UPS Freight until the day they voted in the teamsters. And what do you think the Union can do for you in this instance. They have no say in what FedEx closes or opens. ABF and YRCW have both layed off thousands of drivers. Where is the protection there? NO UNION!!!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
I was not talking about managers being in a union. I was talking about the fact that the managers we have now could care less about us. The old dogs that built this company and made it what it is are gone. The new manager style is "don't take care of your people", "don't have fun", "don't worry about the customer cause that is my job", and "don't speak unless you are asked to speak"...oh i left out "don't have an opinion...it does not count". Just sayin. If it ain't broke, don't fix it. The company writes all these things on the wall for us to think it is a great place to work. Pay and bennies are good, and for the most part the people are good. But bottom line is the management does what it wants when it wants to us. We don't have a leg to stand on anymore. I don't think the money would be an issue for us to organize, but I do think it could be a voice we would have and they would have to listen. That is what they are afraid of.

Why do people like you think that the company is here to "take care of you" The companies job is to take care of the company. Just because the company does something you don't agree with doesn't mean they don't care. Sometimes hard choices have to be made. I know some of the freight drivers don't like the way the seniority thing is working out but by trying to be fair to both you end up not being fair to either. FedEx is not here for your benefit. The sniveling, whining little bed wetters that are screaming for the union don't have a clue to how business works or how detremental the union is to a company. Look at it this way. We have a symbiotic relationship with FedEx. FedEx ,as the host ,can always find a new symbiot, however we cannot find a new host. I'm not real happy about having to pull up stakes and move every 2 years either but I'm smart enough to realize that it's only business. It's not like Fred Smith is just sitting around thinking of ways to screw you over. Obviously you want the company to be nice to you but you don't want to be nice to it. If the union is so great, then do me a favor, quit and go to some successful company that has the Teamsters. OH YEAH THERE AREN'T ANY>>>>>>>>>>>>>

You would think the Teamsters would re-brand themselves like many businesses do to survive. Start fresh, have a spin off without ties to the mother ship that's dragging them down now. Who wants to join knowing their dues would be going to previous promises?

Amen Brother!!
Guys I have been with this company for 24 years and call me a RedShirt, call me whatever you want(rolls off the back), the truth is i care for all my drivers that have worked for me for the past 20 years, and i am one of the unfortunate ones to be losing my job due to our center combining. i honestly have not lost one minute of sleep over the loss. i do honestly feel for my drivers as they are dovetailing in to the other center, the hostilities they have been hearing on the street is startling, i just hope you all can get along thru this, as it is ONLY A BUSINESS DECISION, there is nothing PERSONAL about this. Every employee here was like my own family and they will be missed. So, take it for what its worth the union is not the answer to your problem, your problem lies in yourself. get over it and collect your check and life goes on. just remember, the door swings both ways and there is no rope tying you to the inside of the building.

Truck drivers make as much as college graduates. The government is to blame for our dollars being worthless compared to 1955, not the Teamsters.

"" think there are a lot of people over here that have no love for the union. But most would agree that they wouldn't want to work for UPS or UPS Freight without the union. If nothing else just the reasons of what they are doing to you guys now.""

Check the poll I think your wrong

YEah Vote the Union in so I can pay somebody so I can work at a company! Unions won't do anything for you at all! I lurk on the YRC board more than what I read on the freight board and from what I am reading..the unions are not doing anything to help them out. some people on the yrc board think that the union guys are getting paid under the table by the YRC company to pass this new round! Just remember though..if YRC goes under we are gonna be very busy and might possibly not have to lay people off! When the union guys are standing in front of our terminal in the past i told them to shove that paper up their you know whats!

"" think there are a lot of people over here that have no love for the union. But most would agree that they wouldn't want to work for UPS or UPS Freight without the union. If nothing else just the reasons of what they are doing to you guys now.""

So just what are they doing to us guys now ? You mean merge, change of operations, lay offs that sort of thing. Oh, and a Teamster company has never done that. The UPS Freight contract is a joke, thanks but no thanks.

That's the group of thugs I want to work with people who drop rocks off of overpasses, throw rocks at non-union trucks just driving BY their strike line, oh yeah let's not forget the innocent drivers who have been beat to death over the years. That's the mentality i want to work with

One other thing. when your business agents take the same STRIKE PAY as everyone else standing around a burning barrel at CHRISTMAS TIME, and ain't it always at Christmas time that they choose to strike?, then call me.

Everybody talks about the "old dogs" that did this or did that and how great they were, how they so loved their families of drivers and how well they treated us. I even had one driver tell me "this ain't right we started this company", even though AF had been in business at least ten years before he started, Well let me ask you this if the Old Dogs so loved us and took such good care of us where was the bonus check from the sale. Did they add a little something to that last paycheck for our hard work and loyalty. HELL NO as soon as they said sold they it was Katie Bar The Door I'm Out Of HERE....See ya Suckers
No Union Not now Not ever

Last edited by a moderator:
Everybody talks about the "old dogs" that did this or did that and how great they were, how they so loved their families of drivers and how well they treated us. I even had one driver tell me "this ain't right we started this company", even though AF had been in business at least ten years before he started, Well let me ask you this if the Old Dogs so loved us and took such good care of us where was the bonus check from the sale. Did they add a little something to that last paycheck for our hard work and loyalty. HELL NO as soon as they said sold they it was Katie Bar The Door I'm Out Of HERE....See ya Suckers
No Union Not now Not ever

Train,

That is an excellent reason to edit. Sheridan didn't love us, it was a very convincing act though. The real test was when he accepted a sales pitch to re-configure everything, and receive a huge payoff, with the only price being the admiration and respect of his hard working employees. That said, we are now in the control of a corporation, and they don't act very well. If we want to continue to play on their field, we have to accept their rules. It's not very complicated when you finally accept it, eh? I don't harbor any hard feelings about any of the changes that have happened since then, I just try to understand them, and once I do, make a decision to either learn to use the new conditions to my advantage, or quit. Life gets a lot simpler when you look at it that way. I gotta go, it's Friday night, and I hear my friend Jack, (Daniels that is) calling me from the other room. :dance:

Bye now,

I meant to say, "under" the control of a corporation. Didn't proof read well enough..., heck, should have just said, Ditto what you said, Train. Proof reading wouldn't have been necessary then.:TR10driving03:

would be nice to have a voice ............ tired of hr reps they just tote the company lines of bs ........................ with union u will have a voice and why not make it a pain in ths a>> for harrison dealing with the union fun fun fun