R&L | Taking over their freight

leftlanecruiser

TB Lurker
Credits
As you can probably tell we have been extra busy lately. We have had extra loads coming from all over,even Miami. It's all because of the confusion over at YRC since Yellow and Roadway merged. Right now we have the advantage,but we need to make sure that we can KEEP the accounts we have picked up. That means service,service,service. If you are having any problems getting it done be sure to let yout TM know. If you can't get any help there then go to your district sales manager,they have some pull right now-this is why they were hired. There are other ltl companies out there that are going to try to take this freight from us,don't let it happen. The better we perform right now the better off we will be in the future. This is the first step in R&L becoming the largest ltl carrier out there. It is also how we ALL keep a job while other companies are laying off and cutting back. The trucks have been turned back up so it's time to put the hammer down.

wow- what a nice message to post-NOT

Wow, your really posting a great message there aren't ya? Seems like you really like to make people angry-since I am sure you aware that certain other company drivers like to read your posts-I am sure that YRC and Holland can both hold there own, I wouldn't count either one of them out yet. Things need to get settled with the merging-I am sure we can all AGREE that we don't wan't anyone to lose their jobs-nor do we want to sound elated or relish in the fact you are gaining others freight at another companies expense-don't be offended when others leave you their thoughts on your little pep talk!

As you can probably tell we have been extra busy lately. We have had extra loads coming from all over,even Miami. It's all because of the confusion over at YRC since Yellow and Roadway merged. Right now we have the advantage,but we need to make sure that we can KEEP the accounts we have picked up. That means service,service,service. If you are having any problems getting it done be sure to let yout TM know. If you can't get any help there then go to your district sales manager,they have some pull right now-this is why they were hired. There are other ltl companies out there that are going to try to take this freight from us,don't let it happen. The better we perform right now the better off we will be in the future. This is the first step in R&L becoming the largest ltl carrier out there. It is also how we ALL keep a job while other companies are laying off and cutting back. The trucks have been turned back up so it's time to put the hammer down.

R & L is a dirt bag, cut throat company and I am out of space to go on. Speed on and rollover more of your trucks, YRC and Holland, Reddaway & New Penn maybe hurting but WE AINT DONE YET by no means!!:biglaugh:

This is the R&L board and the post is for the employees. By your reasoning we should just fold up and give you all of our freight. For now we still live in capitalist country and this is how free business works. I am not one for sharing the wealth so if you want to take over our freight you will have to perfrom better than us. We are trying to step it up some so I would suggest that your company do the same.

Calm down YRC boys. The man makes smart suggestions for his company to survive. He does not control the Price R&L charges but he does want his co workers to go above and beyond to keep his family fed well.

Many things are going to change in this LTL/Trucking world real soon and some companys are going to be there thru it in the end and many are going to close their doors.

Wow, your really posting a great message there aren't ya? Seems like you really like to make people angry-since I am sure you aware that certain other company drivers like to read your posts-I am sure that YRC and Holland can both hold there own, I wouldn't count either one of them out yet. Things need to get settled with the merging-I am sure we can all AGREE that we don't wan't anyone to lose their jobs-nor do we want to sound elated or relish in the fact you are gaining others freight at another companies expense-don't be offended when others leave you their thoughts on your little pep talk!

I would really like to know what cruiser said in his post that was so offensive that you felt the need to come on here and berate him.He didn't put down any companies in his post and as a matter of fact we as R&L employees have been told not to put down any other companies that are in any kind of trouble.Can you guys say the same?We are gaining freight by explaining our service standards and pride in our company to our customers.We all hope that no companies fold as we don't want to see anyone loose their jobs but are we suppose to refuse freight?No.If a customer doesn't want to ship with YRC all we can do is tell them we can get it done and try to retain the business afterward.Maybe Grandfan,you should think about that.

R & L is a dirt bag, cut throat company and I am out of space to go on. Speed on and rollover more of your trucks, YRC and Holland, Reddaway & New Penn maybe hurting but WE AINT DONE YET by no means!!:biglaugh:

Is this all you can do is come in here and call our company names?Seems that the only dirtbag is you.

Well, we sure aren't cutting our rates. If anything our rates may have gone up a bit lately in my region. Lost some freight the other day because of it...$48 more than New Penn.

You need to recheck your matching or cutting rates, this is happening, ask your salesperson, from what I hear the traffic dept cannot get the new discounts in fast enough. and at same time read jobvent.com you will see what other employees think of the ccompany

You need to recheck your matching or cutting rates, this is happening, ask your salesperson, from what I hear the traffic dept cannot get the new discounts in fast enough. and at same time read jobvent.com you will see what other employees think of the ccompany

Are you serious?I went there and found 1 negative post about R&L carriers and none for R+L carriers.

think about the name ******* people wont go there unless there pissed off, give me a break and go back to your GREAT companys board. We at rl and will stand tall and together we dont need your thoughts on our board. you might be needed at yrc to fix the computer system.

Hope he's never sorry he made that turning up the trucks statement. Say there was an accident and the attorney saw what that manager said about turning the trucks up.

Hope he's never sorry he made that turning up the trucks statement. Say there was an accident and the attorney saw what that manager said about turning the trucks up.
Whats an attorney seeing what he said, going to do? I must not understand your statement. You make it sound like we got are trucks turned back up illegally.

If you guys knew anything about our company you would know our company is in the process of turning up the trucks from 65 to 68 again so forget all that talk of getting in trouble.

we can tell who is doing what and who isnt do anthing because we are getting some heat from the way it soun ds on these boards but anyways saia is trying to step in and cute there rates lower than ours i made a couple of calls and got our price the same and got one customer back

Our rates aren't the cheapest!! And we can't beat some other companies rates!! I was told told we won't take it just to get freight on a trailer,there must be profit in it,and apparantly other companies think they are making money on it,but the truth is they aren't and now it shows,Service is our main selling point and that is starting to show and customers will pay the extra 50 dollars to get the service they want.I can't get extra freight at the places I pick up at because they only use R&L,no matter what the price,they don't even search for lower prices,I am loaded to the back door everyday on my way into the yard!!

I just love reading post about a carrier cutting rates, makes no sense to me, in the end they're all going to lose including you the employee. Thats why so many companies are freezing 401k, raises and going out of business. In the long term this is what cutting rates does, think about it oil companies,freightliner, mack etc., truck parts,companies that make trailers, parts for trailers, insurance, tires , forklifts and parts manufacturers are not cutting rates for the carrier. How will the carrier make up for this? by cutting the employee rates. I hear drivers say all the time "at least i still got a job", what sense is it to have a cdl license, great driving record, great company to work for, but take home a paycheck just above a person driving a cargo van.