R&L | Taking over their freight

Then that shipper wrote either your rate or someone elses rate on the FedEx shipping document. They have always sold service, not price and that is well known. However word is they plan on pinching some carriers coming up and things could definetly get interesting then with a few LTL carriers that cannot provide the service standards Freight has thru out it's entire system.

I know you would like to think that, but that is was the rate for Fed-Ex on their bill....Don't be mad, I'm just the messenger!!!!

Don't know what carriers you are speaking about pinching, that can't provide servive standards that Fed-ex can. I can gurantee you that R&l's service is a match for any LTL out there, and superiour to most, including Fed-ex..

R&L sells service AND PRICE, thats why we so busy!!!

R&L's service is second to NONE!!!!

You tell braceface...

I just hope that Operations can look past their numbers to allow the influx of freight that we are experiencing to be serviced on time. I for one had a beat down week. Not used to breaking my balls for 55 hours...was getting used to the 46-48 hour weeks. We are surging forward and not looking back. But man does it get old busting your (_!_) day in and day out because we don't have the extra help hanging around waiting for work. My vacation is in 4 weeks...I can hardly wait.

You tell braceface...

I just hope that Operations can look past their numbers to allow the influx of freight that we are experiencing to be serviced on time. I for one had a beat down week. Not used to breaking my balls for 55 hours...was getting used to the 46-48 hour weeks. We are surging forward and not looking back. But man does it get old busting your (_!_) day in and day out because we don't have the extra help hanging around waiting for work. My vacation is in 4 weeks...I can hardly wait.

know what you mean i know 1 wilmington driver that runs linehaul switch with richmond always got his service freight back on time everyday. now they give it to o/o and it is late everyday .the linehaul driver has not worked but 1 day in 2 weeks. figure that one out and richmond is hammered with freight the dock is full everynight

Every dock in the southeast is running over. We do have drivers that aren't running their regular run every night,but they are running. It seems that they are giving the freight to the outside carriers while our guys are running somewhere else and making less money. It seems to me that our guys should come first,and let them get the left overs. I understand trying to save money,but they are making plenty of money right now.

In the Northeast they are setting up to run Tandems across NY and Ma to New England and are trying to get NY to Approve Triples. Cutting Linehaul runs and making shorter lower paying runs for some.:duh:and more than likely forcing out out some GOOD SENIOR DRIVERS

This is what happens when a company brings on new lower priced freight. The company for the last 6 months has been matching or beating the pricing market. Now they have to lower cost, and the cost easiest to lower is line haul. There is a fixed cost in pickup and delivery.So you will be seeing many new ways to lower cost . First is usually line haul, then it will trickle down to P & D operations.

This is what happens when a company brings on new lower priced freight. The company for the last 6 months has been matching or beating the pricing market. Now they have to lower cost, and the cost easiest to lower is line haul. There is a fixed cost in pickup and delivery.So you will be seeing many new ways to lower cost . First is usually line haul, then it will trickle down to P & D operations.

Sad ,but True

if he is from USF he is good. I worked for USF dugan for 4 years. it was a jam up job. then came yellow that sucked big time.

:nutkick:all you guys posting about outside carriers, line haul drivers sitting,late o/o,etc.not knowing anything,no trust, senior drivers losing work.on and on and on.welcome to our world. hoping for the best,from what team drivers we have left.

:nutkick:all you guys posting about outside carriers, line haul drivers sitting,late o/o,etc.not knowing anything,no trust, senior drivers losing work.on and on and on.welcome to our world. hoping for the best,from what team drivers we have left.
That's why i have an exit strategy already :smilie_132:

Was he fired or Resigned? One story on here says that he had a compensation package,they don't give them if you are fired. Whatever the case he has started out here pretty good. Our freight is up while other companies are laying off or shutting down. Yes he brought people over with him,but they wanted off the sinking ship too.