R&L | Taking over their freight

Just about every carrier owns and leases property's. Small and large alike, it's a great investment to own property. R&L is no different then any other trucking company out there in that respect.
I am sure that not every terminal they occupy is owned by them either, but could be leased from another company or owned by a hidden third party connected to the R&L family.

i agree with you on part of this it is a great investment for any company and about all company's have property that they lease to other company's ......but...... i know the roberts and have for 20 years they do not lease property from anyone if they need it they will buy it one way or another and always at a cheaper price that is if they can make money off of it. and thats the name of the game right

Let them keep thinking that. Let them keep thinking that we lease property,that we don't own any of their terminals,and that we are all a bunch of underpaid-overworked smucks. They can think what they want,but if you notice they all come on here to see what we are up to. Since R&L doesn't post earnings no one will ever know how we match up in revenue. All I know is that R&L is the only trucking company that is BUYING up other companies while the others are trying to figure out how to cut back. I'll be ya huckaberry!

i agree with you on part of this it is a great investment for any company and about all company's have property that they lease to other company's ......but...... i know the roberts and have for 20 years they do not lease property from anyone if they need it they will buy it one way or another and always at a cheaper price that is if they can make money off of it. and thats the name of the game right

Some times it is better to lease particularly when it comes time to fill out the P&L report at the end of the year, by filling this out , with leases companies can use loop holes in the tax laws to gain monies.

Some times it is better to lease particularly when it comes time to fill out the P&L report at the end of the year, by filling this out , with leases companies can use loop holes in the tax laws to gain monies.

i beleive we are both saying the same thing but the key word in my thread was from anyone for instance if i owne the property for campany "A" and i am ceo/president/owner of company "B" i can legaly lease company "A"s property (which i owne) because i need somewhere to do business for company "B"(which i owne) so i didn't lease from anyone just myself DID I LOOSE ANYONE :shock:

Let them keep thinking that. Let them keep thinking that we lease property,that we don't own any of their terminals,and that we are all a bunch of underpaid-overworked smucks. They can think what they want,but if you notice they all come on here to see what we are up to.
Most of us visit any and all forums. That's what we look at the Truckingboards for, to gain information, exchange ideas and discuss issues.
Since R&L doesn't post earnings no one will ever know how we match up in revenue. All I know is that R&L is the only trucking company that is BUYING up other companies while the others are trying to figure out how to cut back. I'll be ya huckaberry!
Perhaps you should visit other forums yourself. You will find out that not only R&L has purchased property's but many other carriers have also. Don't be so quick to think you work for the only carrier that is able to buy a property, and don't be so sure that every property that R&L occupies is owed either.
Like you said, the company is private, they don't need to disclose anything to you, or the general public.

i beleive we are both saying the same thing but the key word in my thread was from anyone for instance if i owne the property for campany "A" and i am ceo/president/owner of company "B" i can legaly lease company "A"s property (which i owne) because i need somewhere to do business for company "B"(which i owne) so i didn't lease from anyone just myself DID I LOOSE ANYONE :shock:

I understand now, company A creates a leasing company, ( known as company B) company B buy's the property, and leases back to company A. Correct?