"Tampa Nugget" Passes

Dirty White Boy

TB Lurker
Credits
:sadwavey: Many of you old hands probably only knew him as "Tampa Nugget"--his name was John Wade, Sr. He passed away in his sleep this past Monday, 7/10, I understand. John had retired a few years back, due to health problems; 3 yrs. ago, his wife passed; John had been in declining health, and had been the victim of several strokes, I'm told. When I came to Jevic 12 yrs. ago, I met John early on, and he treated me like a friend from the git-go. He always had a smile on his face, believed in his Maker, and always had something good to say. I think John started on his downhill slide just before retirement, when he was unfortunately involved in a fatal accident which he could in no way avoid; a woman in a car lost control, jumped the Jersey wall on I40 near Candler, NC, and plowed into his truck, killing her. John wasn't seriously physically hurt, but the trauma of that accident, and the lady's death hurt him deeply. I don't think he drove again, after that. I don't know if I could either.

I salute, you, Tampa Nugget, and send condolences to your family at home from your family at Jevic. We will miss you. I still wear the special-made Jevic hat, with the Company logo, and my CB handle embroidered on it, that you had made for me 10 yrs. ago. I will always prize it , and remember you.

Goodbye, my friend, one of the Best of The Best of The Best>

(If anyone wishes, I'll try to get a copy of John's obituary, and post it here, along with his photo.)