FedEx Freight | Tampa Road driver Info:

Double-Clutch

TB Lurker
Credits
Tampa is hiring for a road driver. Any idea how many road drivers Tampa has and where they run too? Lay downs or meets? What GPD is Tampa? Thanks in advance.

My guess is as a bottom guy you will work the dock, run to the hub in Orlando, work the dock and back. A simple call to the terminal will answer all the questions about the position.

My guess is as a bottom guy you will work the dock, run to the hub in Orlando, work the dock and back. A simple call to the terminal will answer all the questions about the position.
See I was looking at this too. Tampa, Jacksonville and Miami are all looking for Road Drivers but Orlando never is. How can they all be running to Orlando but Orlando is never adding Road Drivers?

They prolly just laid off a bunch of Orlando drivers that have been there for years. Then keep guys on the city board that have six months in. Typical FedEx.

See I was looking at this too. Tampa, Jacksonville and Miami are all looking for Road Drivers but Orlando never is. How can they all be running to Orlando but Orlando is never adding Road Drivers?
Tampa to Orlando could easily double turn. You probably could push a double turn from Ocala to Orlando. Florida has had a history of plenty coming into the state but not much exiting. Jacksonville and Miami ports export contribute to the imbalance.

Tampa is hiring for a road driver. Any idea how many road drivers Tampa has and where they run too? Lay downs or meets? What GPD is Tampa? Thanks in advance.
tampa has road runs to orlando & valdosta,ga road runs at night. Orland is a 150mile r/t shuttle run with dock work. you also can do clearwater and ocala via"s. All runs are night,they have no day runs

all road openings in orlando will be taken internally by city drivers. As it is, its like a 13-14yr wait to get to the road. orlando road runs go south to west palm beach,hollywood,miami & tampa bids. We also go go to valdosta,ga, poulan,ga and other georgia runs from 558-562 mile runs. we have more day runs than at night now,plus we run turnpike double 48's to mia,wpb, and hollywood too

tampa will be adding 3 road runs.. they will be 390 mile turns going to jacksonville,Clearwatwater will be adding 1 road run to jax and it will be i think 414miles

all road openings in orlando will be taken internally by city drivers. As it is, its like a 13-14yr wait to get to the road. orlando road runs go south to west palm beach,hollywood,miami & tampa bids. We also go go to valdosta,ga, poulan,ga and other georgia runs from 558-562 mile runs. we have more day runs than at night now,plus we run turnpike double 48's to mia,wpb, and hollywood too
Wait, you have all that and still have a huge list for Road? Hell, I think I'll get a government job :)

I know this is an old thread, but I am revisiting it and looking to gather info on the Orlando, FL terminal. How is it being a road driver there? I am only looking to transfer there as a road driver.. do they normally grab transfers for road or is there a waiting list for city guys looking to go over currently? Any good valid information would be appreciated

I know this is an old thread, but I am revisiting it and looking to gather info on the Orlando, FL terminal. How is it being a road driver there? I am only looking to transfer there as a road driver.. do they normally grab transfers for road or is there a waiting list for city guys looking to go over currently? Any good valid information would be appreciated

orlando fills there road drivers from within the city division. there are so many city drivers that want to go road. nobody will be able to transfer to the road in orlando unless you dove tail in due to freight movement

good luck with going to the road even if you transfer as city driver , you have about a 13-15yr wait to go to the road.You will not be able to just transfer to the orlando road board unless you dovetail in because of an operation freight move...it took me 13.3yrs to get to the road in orlando and i have been w company 22yrs now.