Tanker Explodes I-75 North Of Detroit, Mi

Photos of this tanker burn out crash scene after all the smoke cleared.
'It was a miracle that no one was killed' | detnews.com | The Detroit News

bilde
bilde

Haidarian-Shahri apparently lost control of his car while driving about 70 m.p.h. in the curve, which has a suggested speed limit of 50 m.p.h. He swerved into the tanker truck, driven by St. John. The cab and the trailer separated as the tanker, carrying 9,600 gallons of gasoline and 4,600 gallons of diesel fuel crashed, Kemp said.

Probation.....4 wheeler......

The driver of the car should be charged for the cleanup and rebuilding of the bridge.
In the U.S.A. we have posted speed limit's (especially in curve's):TR10driving03: for a reason!
According to channel 4 new's the driver of the car was still under probation on his driver's license!,which he has only had for roughly a year.

The driver of the car should be charged for the cleanup and rebuilding of the bridge.
In the U.S.A. we have posted speed limit's (especially in curve's):TR10driving03: for a reason!
According to channel 4 new's the driver of the car was still under probation on his driver's license!,which he has only had for roughly a year.

Nothing surprising there.

Out here in CA-HELL-LEE-FOR-NEE-YA all you have to have is a pulse and the $$$ money and your car drivers license is in your hands, no matter how old or feeble you are, just walking down the street.

Haidarian-Shahri apparently lost control of his car while driving about 70 m.p.h. in the curve, which has a suggested speed limit of 50 m.p.h. He swerved into the tanker truck, driven by St. John. The cab and the trailer separated as the tanker, carrying 9,600 gallons of gasoline and 4,600 gallons of diesel fuel crashed, Kemp said.

NO way this guy was pulling 9600 gallons of gasoline and 4600 gallons of D/F unless he was pulling triples.

That's 59000 plus 34000=93500 pounds, just for the fuel weight only.

NO way this guy was pulling 9600 gallons of gasoline and 4600 gallons of D/F unless he was pulling triples.

That's 59000 plus 34000=93500 pounds, just for the fuel weight only.
Michigan does allow some massive weights like 150k on some super trailers--the ones when combined with the tractor equals 42 wheels--.
There were a few axles on the tanker(s), so......

Michigan does allow some massive weights like 150k on some super trailers--the ones when combined with the tractor equals 42 wheels--.
There were a few axles on the tanker(s), so......

I did some mental math on some of those tankers, and if you allow 17000/axle, some fo the big ones could gross 180000. Those tankers in MI are HUGE. I just started driving fuel truck, and this story at first got me worried, until i realized this was one of those supertanker trucks. that may make a difference in handling.

Just my opinion here, but regardless of the size of this tanker,or any other.
This trucker had the bad fortune to be in the wrong place at the wrong time.
As this crash was totally the fault of a very inexperienced driver.