Yellow | Taxpayers Subsidize Walmart And America's Richest Family $7.8 Billion Annually!

I do NOT shop at any Walmarts !!!! they treat the workers like crap & don't pay crap !! & plus just Goggle "The people of walmart" it is kinda sad the low IQ people that shop there , the video says it all !!

I shop at Walmart, depending on what I an buying. Their loss leaders and sales are as good as their competitors. If I were on food stamps, I would be grateful for their low prices, the company is helping people on govt assistance stretch their food budgets further. Has the tax fairness people and TDU have no sympathy for the less fortunate, can they not see the good things Walmart does?

problem is most of their workers are the ones getting assistance , they teach them how to apply as part of the hiring practice.

Last edited by a moderator:
I shop at Walmart, depending on what I an buying. Their loss leaders and sales are as good as their competitors. If I were on food stamps, I would be grateful for their low prices, the company is helping people on govt assistance stretch their food budgets further. Has the tax fairness people and TDU have no sympathy for the less fortunate, can they not see the good things Walmart does?
Are you kidding?!?!?! I will not patronize Wal-Mart for ANY reason. Wal-Mart is in the vanguard of corporations that have NO respect for their employees! IMHO the decline in union strength is in NO small part due to union earned dollars supporting anti-union and anti-worker businesses such as Wal-Mart.

This has been going on for a long time.See anything being done about it? I didn't think so.Exploitation at its best

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

I am sorry the people at Walmart just plane stupid. I have a friend that work their with my help and 135 we tried for 2 yrs. The most frustrating thing I every been involved in .So I don't ever seeing it happen. Hope I am wrong

This has been going on for a long time.See anything being done about it? I didn't think so.Exploitation at its best

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk
I don't see how this company exploits anyone. They are not forcing people to work for them. They provide many people, employees and others with products that people want at decent prices, and 6 of the 7.8 billion dollars mentioned in the article is being returned by Walmart to their customers in the form of product they sold out of inventory they paid for.

How can you say walmart is cheap when your tax dollars are going to pay for there employees medical benifits and public assistance???

Don't forget about there sweetheart deals on land and huge tax breaks

NO WALMART IS NOT CHEAP

If I remember correctly, Wal Mart was the only chain willing to open 6 supercenters in the poorer side of Washington, DC. How many hundreds of jobs did that move bring to the local area, How many millions of dollars did that pump into the local economy and yet you guys want to ***** because they are making money. Explain, please. Got to go to work, you've got all night to blast me.

How can you say walmart is cheap when your tax dollars are going to pay for there employees medical benifits and public assistance???

Don't forget about there sweetheart deals on land and huge tax breaks

NO WALMART IS NOT CHEAP

Silly question possibly, but what if those people didn't have those jobs at Walmart and were therefore unemployed, how much would their public assistance then cost the taxpayers? Just curious.

Are you kidding?!?!?! I will not patronize Wal-Mart for ANY reason. Wal-Mart is in the vanguard of corporations that have NO respect for their employees! IMHO the decline in union strength is in NO small part due to union earned dollars supporting anti-union and anti-worker businesses such as Wal-Mart.

You haul their freight. What about that?

I still won't drink Coors beer.

Sure walmart provides jobs no argument there all I'm saying is there more then profitable enough at this point to not need a government hand out,

Ask the taxpayers to fund schools or mental health facility's and everyone goes ape **** but of you tax for a new stadium or give walmart a tax break its now problem,

Funny thing is the money that gets used to prop up walmart usually comes from the taxes paid by local business"s walmart ends up putting out of business

You haul their freight. What about that?

So does just about every freight hauling driver in America. However hauling their freight and spending Teamster dollars in Wal-Mart stores are two VERY different things. Where ever possible I patronize union establishments. And it is becoming harder and harder to find unionized businesses.

Maybe I am missing something concerning Walmart. Lets see, they provide a service that apparently others want. They create jobs, lifting some out of unemployment. They, pay their taxes, while taking all available deductions, as the Federal law and State law dictated. They pay at least minimum wage, which is another government requirement. And they are making a profit, with which to open more stores and employ more unemployed individuals, While also making a profit for themselves and their investers. But, I miss the part as to how they are the worst of the worst?

Someone also mentioned about spending Teamsters Dollars. Well I spend my hard earned dollars, provided by my employer, not the Teamsters. And What is a Union establish ment or a unionized business? Last I knew the Union has no establishemnts of business, other they the Teamster organization, which provided no product nor service, other then collecting the dues and (when they want) enforcing the larbor agreements. I spend my dollars at whatever establishment that I wish, and not based on which is under a labor agreement. Therefore I see no difference between Walmart not any other business.

Maybe I am missing something concerning Walmart. Lets see, they provide a service that apparently others want. They create jobs, lifting some out of unemployment. They, pay their taxes, while taking all available deductions, as the Federal law and State law dictated. They pay at least minimum wage, which is another government requirement. And they are making a profit, with which to open more stores and employ more unemployed individuals, While also making a profit for themselves and their investers. But, I miss the part as to how they are the worst of the worst?

Someone also mentioned about spending Teamsters Dollars. Well I spend my hard earned dollars, provided by my employer, not the Teamsters. And What is a Union establish ment or a unionized business? Last I knew the Union has no establishemnts of business, other they the Teamster organization, which provided no product nor service, other then collecting the dues and (when they want) enforcing the larbor agreements. I spend my dollars at whatever establishment that I wish, and not based on which is under a labor agreement. Therefore I see no difference between Walmart not any other business.
If you don't understand how not supporting other unionized businesses is important then no amount of explanation will alter your opinion.