Yellow | Taxpayers Subsidize Walmart And America's Richest Family $7.8 Billion Annually!

I paid over 15k in taxes a few weeks ago ,damn right i get pissed when the rich are allowed loop holes and dont have to pay their fair share.
jealous of you ....NOT and the confused often believe they are the only ones that are right , until some one tosses a net over them and carts them away :LMAO:

I paid over 15k in taxes a few weeks ago ,damn right i get pissed when the rich are allowed loop holes and dont have to pay their fair share.
jealous of you ....NOT and the confused often believe they are the only ones that are right , until some one tosses a net over them and carts them away :LMAO:

Why you mad at these companies? They're just following tax code. There are no loopholes. Your complaint should be with the government, not vilifying these companies.

15k? Ya that hurts. Although these companies pay in the billions. Lets get real, the middle class gets plenty of breaks and deals. Child tax credit and home mortgage deduction. Are those loopholes?

Fair share? Whats fair? It's foolish ideas like yours that keep chasing jobs to other countries. All raising taxes does is chase jobs away. Many times from state to state, other times from nation to nation.

Last edited by a moderator:
No not necessarily true.. Many had to "accept'" the lower wages because of the outcome of the vote..

Again not true,My town was forced to accept them.. Same goes for the Home Depot..

If one was to pay sticker price I would assume that the dealer just met the village idiot..
you either accept the concessions or you quit. It went thru a vote. They don't pay you full scale.

How is a town 'forced' to give abatements? They could refuse and lose the businesses...

you either accept the concessions or you quit. It went thru a vote. They don't pay you full scale.

Your right :shrug: concessions as you put it were voted on so they have to be accepted.. Honestly if they re-voted it again today I would lay odds that it would have been defeated in a big way..But that is not what this thread is about ..

How is a town 'forced' to give abatements? They could refuse and lose the businesses.

It is called "the State Trumps" over the locals.. As far as the business goes,the elders didn't want any of it in the first place..

No and many don't.. Walmart and Home Depot attract the brainwashed.. Do you shop there??

But enough if not most do. They're choosing to shop there. So no one is forced to do anything.

Absolutely I shop there! Why not? What kind of moron would pay more if they didn't have to?

But enough if not most do. They're choosing to shop there. So no one is forced to do anything.

Absolutely I shop there! Why not? What kind of moron would pay more if they didn't have to?

More power to you.. Personally I would rather pay a little more and know I am getting better merchandise in the long run but the main reason is "I support" the local businesses..

It is called "the State Trumps" over the locals.. As far as the business goes,the elders didn't want any of it in the first place..

In my state its the state negotiating the deal over county property tax abatement. Then the county com mission votes. You vote for your representatives. You can contact them with your view and organize a protest. You aren't powerless. But I assume you are in the minority. Surely there is more taxable revenue flowing now or they wouldn't have done it...

Ya I missed it. So you wanna spread the same lies about Home Depot? So let me get this straight. Companies like Wal-Mart and Home Depot who make a profit, pay taxes, but get some tax breaks meaning they just pay less in are receiving Corporate Welfare. But green energy companies that make no profit, pay zero taxes, and get all sorts of money from the Federal government isn't Corporate Welfare?

I worked at the Home Depot in Monrovia California right after I got out of the army,

The city of Monrovia bought the land the Home Depot was built on and then sold the land to Home Depot for half of what the city paid for it,

The local hardware stores and the lumberyard weren't to happy about the deal,

Sorry but it's no lie

I worked at the Home Depot in Monrovia California right after I got out of the army,

The city of Monrovia bought the land the Home Depot was built on and then sold the land to Home Depot for half of what the city paid for it,

Sorry but it's no lie

Long story about our "Home Depot" but it was the state that pushed it through.. The condominiums that were already there wanted to expand but the state said no because of a "wetlands" act.. Two years later the Home Depot gets approved by the state even though the locals voted it down..One of the few Home Depots that have restricted loading times.. People that bought those expensive condo's weren't very happy looking out their back windows..

Sorry but it's no lie

I'm talking about the corporate welfare lies.

you can't have free market capitalism and tax abatements, the two don't go together, because those with the most win.

This is the other part of it, of why its bad for the city. Walmart gets a tax subsidy so dosent pay any tax, then everybody that works for them dosent pay tax, most receive a subsidy, then the sales tax goes to the county except for one percent. Then those poor people need a place to live, so apartments start going up all over, that also got a subsidy and don't pay tax. Now the city needs to build the info structure to support all this sewer, roads, schools. The people in the apartments wants lots of things parks good schools etc,etc except they are a zero liability voters cause they don't pay tax, and there rent won't go up cause the apartment gets a subsidy, so who does the cost fall on the middle class home owner. I have lived in the same small town for 20 yrs i have watched my property tax go from 300 a year to 3000 a year but i still make the same amount of money roughly 20 something an hour, every thing around me is going up to support this from the license plate tax, to drivers license tax, to city income tax, the total burden of these big businesses is falling on the middle class, and i am getting poor and they are getting rich.

stoney you can't have corporations and free market capitalism, because the whole point of a corporation is to be able to legally hide from your wrong doings, and receive tax breaks, so a none corporation entity you cannot compete. example walmart imports dog food from china kills 100 dogs shame on them, didn't know, walmart imports same food kills another hundred dogs, what happens to walmart nothing because they hide behind their corporation. Now you get mad and go to the ceo of walmart and you kill his dog, what happens to you, you go to jail. So are you telling me that one ceo's dog has more value then the other 200 dogs that other people had, or is it that those 200 other people don't matter cause there not a ceo's ?

How about a counter point thread...something like:

Taxpayers Subsidize Illegals and America's Poorest Families $395.9 Billion Annually?

There are only 115,000,000 households in the USA, 32,000,000 are on welfare. That leaves an average of more than $12K/household paying taxes going to welfare folks. You okay with $1000/mo of your money supporting somebody on welfare?

heres another one of your right wing talking points ,corporations don't pay taxes they will just pass it down, how silly. So you don't believe in the free market at all. i thought it was what ever the market will bare. so our saying a company sells its goods cheaper then what they can sell them for, i think not. all products are sold at maximum amount they can receive. do you think a none union made nissan cost the same as a union built chevy of course not but they cost the same, how about nike shoes made in china cost under 10 bucks to make but still 125 to buy cause thats what people will pay, not a penny more. how about this line of crap they will lower wages, once again they already pay the minimum they can to have a complete work force. they don't pay a penny more, ever wonder why we all in the ltl make close to the same. Heres another one they will hire less people. No business has more people than they need, what do they hire them for to keep seats warm or what. if that was the case you would never get overtime cause they would just hire someone else. Companys have this figured out well, ones that don't pay benefits usually run there employees less than 40 hrs because more employees, cost them nothing, businesses with benefits usually run overtime or into the ground, because its cheaper than paying another person benefits, take yrc they lowered wages can't get people to work here, don't pay any tax cause they show a loss every year, don't know how they do that as us tax code says, all corps must not show a loss for more than 5 consecutive years or said corp must be dissolved, go figure, so they can't raise there rates or they loose market share. So i guess it wouldn't matter what they charged them in tax they would just have to absorb or cease to exist.