FedEx Freight | teams?

pink pony

TB Lurker
Credits
Is there any truth to team trucks being prepped in dal? IF there are it answers questions that exist about runs being cancelled because if they can find ways to run the freight cheaper and faster without empty miles theyre gonna do it. also if the team thing is really gonna happen then one has to ask themself where that puts them as far as systemwide cuts and transfers.. let us know if you have any info thanks

thanks for the update... I wanted to make sure there wasnt any truth to that rumor because this bid has created enough havoc without fedex juicing it up even more....

thanks for the update... I wanted to make sure there wasnt any truth to that rumor because this bid has created enough havoc without fedex juicing it up even more....

I still don't understand why the former Watkins/National drivers are so eager to run teams??? Someone please explain???

Not interested in sleeping in the truck, ST

Um, not being one, RC can only guess. Might get to drive something besides a forklift?
Or just get to drive?

RC, ST is thinking that the W/N guys are dreaming of the old days. Would running teams work the "old way"? or the "new way"? Imagine driving team from point A to B, working the dock at each end and getting paid a combination of task, mileage and hourly with no overtime??? And you get the privilige of sleeping in the truck and showering in the fungus infected showers at the truckstop. Sounds like the W/N way??? I'm guessing point A is LA and point B is Fresno. As the old adage goes: "Be careful what you wish for."

Last pontification, lest I behave like Rat the Redshirt: "People cling to the past out of fear that all the best times of their life are behind them".<<<Some guy named ST.

And sometimes that fear is valid.

ST; Soapbox Trucker

i was only with national for only a short while but from what i understand the drivers teamed for the money and i think they had a shorter work week. maybe someone else who teamed can answer this question better than me..

What thread are you reading, ST? I don't see anyone yearning for the old teaming days in this thread. Maybe I need to re read it.

What thread are you reading, ST? I don't see anyone yearning for the old teaming days in this thread. Maybe I need to re read it.

actually, the thread is teams, and there's another thread wherein someone told me how great teams were...I don't get it. Just asking for an explanation. One of the former National drivers told me that the team drivers were treated like gold. They didn't hook/break, pre-trip or post trip, or even fuel at a yard. Everything was done for them. I doubt it would be that way today. Just askin'.

ST, if I'm out of step, slap me....

FXF has made it very clear that customer service is no longer a priority. Getting the most bang for the least buck is the new company slogan. Why would FXF invest in equipment and company employees, then have to revamp the line haul system to make teams work. Besides we already have teams hard at work, they just don't have FXF on the doors yet. TP

actually, the thread is teams, and there's another thread wherein someone told me how great teams were...I don't get it. Just asking for an explanation. One of the former National drivers told me that the team drivers were treated like gold. They didn't hook/break, pre-trip or post trip, or even fuel at a yard. Everything was done for them. I doubt it would be that way today. Just askin'.

Consider yourself slapped...

(you still luv me...right?!!!)

:hysterical::biglaugh::hysterical:

Rat

What are teams? I've teamed up on doobies,bongs,and bowls,but I dont think thats what this thread is about...please dont slap me,i'm on my way to the pantry for a sack of Doritos

Last edited by a moderator:
I still don't understand why the former Watkins/National drivers are so eager to run teams??? Someone please explain???

Not interested in sleeping in the truck, ST

Because you asked. Running as a team my run left out 7pm mon and we returned between 9am and 11am fri just over 4800 miles in 3 1/2 days so had fri noon to late mon afternoon off. Advantages: more time off, worked mixed days and nites. great tax advantages. only had to put gas in and drive a car to work one day every other week..( oh and 12 yrs and never had atheletes foot from truckstop shower or food poisoning. lucky or smart who knows ) so now i'm getting 2200 miles at NITE mon nite thru sat morning. no fri off, sat are wasted. only sun off.I can get better rest running team than trying to get it during the daytime at home. the tax advantages are gone and I had to get a new car that will make it to the terminal every day.have to fill it up once a week instead of every other month. have to spend every day comuting.So teams are not for everyone but there are a lot who would rather do it. Imagine the husband and wife teams that had to split ... double trouble. anyway have a great day ya'all be safe out there

"ST, if I'm out of step, slap me" I don't think ST wants to get slapped, but he might be into getting spanked with the purple promise paddle.

That was how Watkins was, when you rolled into the yard you went over the pit and while the fueler was doing that the trk & trls were insp. After that we just went out and dropped the set. Got the paper work did the pre trip on the set and we were rollin. We had very few problems out on the road (not saying there wasnt). Yeah I miss those days because the trks and trls were maintained much better than what they are here. Those days are long gone:6792: