Yellow | Teamster freight members ratify yrcw restructuring plan

Very sad day for all trucking industry and especially for Teamsters Union. I am sure that very soon Yes voters will realise what mistake they did ! :TR10driving03:

I am sure that very soon Yes voters will realise what mistake they did ! :TR10driving03:
Only the ones that were already laid off and the ones that are near the cut off line, but are still working. They will soon find out that their yes vote just guaranteed them full time unemployment. They will get a taste of the new work rules immediately. There is no reason for the company to ever call them back full time now. They can just abuse, I mean use, them when they feel like it.

NO!! we now have a Job... but no way shape or form is it a Union job anymore!!!!!!....... this will go in the history books as to when the Union died in the trucking buisness

Totally agree. We are one of the lowest paying trucking companies out there in the LTL field. Benefits are still good, but benefits don't put food on my table, money does!

How do we start a vote for de-certification? The international OBVIOUSLY represents the company and itself. Will Mr. Johnson show "equal sacrifice" and give p some of his pensions?
Wow, if you couldn't get a majority for the referendum please enlighten EVERYONE as to how you will get a de-certification vote to pass!

YRC employees just put the trucking industry back 50 years, I can understand they want a job, but to sell out all the men over the years that sacrificed everything, went on strickes, walkouts, and hung onto their pride to get what we all have today only to have a few, give it all away in one vote. None of you cared what a yes vote will do to all of the trucking industry both union and non union. You only cared about yourself. ( hoary for me and f---k you ). I don't want any of you to come to me whinny about anything.

What I find funny now, is when I worked for Overnite I was a ****. Now who is the ****. This guy is 100% right you just killed the Industry.:Fart:

YRC employees just put the trucking industry back 50 years, I can understand they want a job, but to sell out all the men over the years that sacrificed everything, went on strickes, walkouts, and hung onto their pride to get what we all have today only to have a few, give it all away in one vote. None of you cared what a yes vote will do to all of the trucking industry both union and non union. You only cared about yourself. ( hoary for me and f---k you ). I don't want any of you to come to me whinny about anything.
I could only wish it was set back 50 years , 50 years ago this was a great union a union that didn't take :::shit:::from any body or any company thats when the unions had respect by all . Something has gone terribly wrong in this country when we have politicians that support off shoring American jobs and Rand Paul [ Kentucky] wanting to have a $2000.deductible on medicare , others want to abolish the minimum wage so poor people can work for even less than they earn now . The sick thing is these guys are leading in the polls WTF is wrong with people today ? What the hell happen did the corporatist put something in our food ?

I do believe the IBT will do just about anything to keep as many members intact. No matter the cost of it all. I hope everybody can sleep a little better tonight. Cause i will go to bed wondering what is on the plate here at ABF now. God bless us all.

abandon all hope--ye who enter here
27534_137145946312372_5177_n.jpg

Funny how it passes 65 to 35 but no body voted yes...To those who are on lay off and voted NO to see the company close.Now is your chance LEAVE.

Black Friday

October 1929, the black friday, wall street crashes, screwing the working man. October 2010 teamsters crashes, screwing the working man. Hoffa is to busy acting like a businessman instead of a labor leader, hope he gets another seat on the board of yrc, maybe he should just sit on the other side of the table. Best to my brothers !

So true. We all will pay for this decision for many years to come. Not to mention that young kids will no longer want to become truck drivers. Who will deliver the freight in the future?

Senior Pep'e Guadalajara Ramigo Peuntez Lopez... ARRRRRRRREEEBA Andalay Andalay WHHEEEEEEE!!
Take another guess brother, they are waiting for the wall to come down and here they beezz

YouTube - RHCP - Give It Away (Woodstock '94)

What I don't understand from all of the post that I have read here, is how someone voted yes or no has either set the industry back or taken away something.

The industry was set back a long time ago when they de-regulated the freight industry. This also impacted our pension. With fewer and fewer companies paying into the fund, how in the world can the maintain more payments with less money coming in.

As I have stated in several post, I voted no on all 3 counts. I don't believe that I should have to shoulder the poor choices of the corporation that I work for. If I make poor business choices, I can't go back to the people I owe money to and ask if I can make less payments, they will laugh me right out of the building. With that said when I knew that the 15% give back and pension deferments passed, I made business decisions to make sure I would not find myself living pay check to pay check. I had toys that I knew would be effecting the bottom line, so I sold them, ( boat, motorcycle, new truck) did I like doing this, no I didn't, these were things I wanted and had worked hard for, but I had to do it anyway. I also invested in a 401k program, granted it has taken a hit over the years, but I still having something there for when I retire. Believe me it has taken some time to readjust myself and my family to doing with less, but we have done it and we are happy.

The give backs have hit me in the bottom line, (13,000 just last year) and with 2 kids in college, it has been a challenge for us. If I lose my job after 19yrs in the union, because someone voted yes or no, then guess what, I go looking for another job, (and I know there is not much, I have looked) I hold my head high and know I will and can make it. The only person who can effect you, is you, not someone who has voted yes or no.

I am a 3 generation Teamster, I watched both my grandfather and father shed both blood and tears for me have what I have. All of it was lost a long time ago, not just now, because of one vote. We started losing all that had been worked for in the past right around the early 80's and the deregulation of freight. As we lost members we also lost our power in numbers. Next time you go to a union meeting, look around at how many men and women are in the room, no many I bet. We lost a long time ago guys, not now, I don't like nor do I agree with all that has happen.

I don't blame anybody for how they voted, at least they voted. Best of luck to all.

What I don't understand from all of the post that I have read here, is how someone voted yes or no has either set the industry back or taken away something.

The industry was set back a long time ago when they de-regulated the freight industry. This also impacted our pension. With fewer and fewer companies paying into the fund, how in the world can the maintain more payments with less money coming in.

As I have stated in several post, I voted no on all 3 counts. I don't believe that I should have to shoulder the poor choices of the corporation that I work for. If I make poor business choices, I can't go back to the people I owe money to and ask if I can make less payments, they will laugh me right out of the building. With that said when I knew that the 15% give back and pension deferments passed, I made business decisions to make sure I would not find myself living pay check to pay check. I had toys that I knew would be effecting the bottom line, so I sold them, ( boat, motorcycle, new truck) did I like doing this, no I didn't, these were things I wanted and had worked hard for, but I had to do it anyway. I also invested in a 401k program, granted it has taken a hit over the years, but I still having something there for when I retire. Believe me it has taken some time to readjust myself and my family to doing with less, but we have done it and we are happy.

The give backs have hit me in the bottom line, (13,000 just last year) and with 2 kids in college, it has been a challenge for us. If I lose my job after 19yrs in the union, because someone voted yes or no, then guess what, I go looking for another job, (and I know there is not much, I have looked) I hold my head high and know I will and can make it. The only person who can effect you, is you, not someone who has voted yes or no.

I am a 3 generation Teamster, I watched both my grandfather and father shed both blood and tears for me have what I have. All of it was lost a long time ago, not just now, because of one vote. We started losing all that had been worked for in the past right around the early 80's and the deregulation of freight. As we lost members we also lost our power in numbers. Next time you go to a union meeting, look around at how many men and women are in the room, no many I bet. We lost a long time ago guys, not now, I don't like nor do I agree with all that has happen.

I don't blame anybody for how they voted, at least they voted. Best of luck to all.

Brother Searcher....thank you for one of the best posts yet!

You called no one any names who voted yes or no....you have personally searched out (no pun intended) and readjusted your life to make life within your means work. You found a way, even though it took getting rid of a few toys to do so, but look at the leason you showed those 2 kids in college. Hopefully when they are finished and go out into the real world, they will now be better prepared by living the example that you have shown them....we all hit a pothole or two on the road of progress in our lives...it will just take a little bit longer to rebuild this road and take care of the problems that made the potholes in the first place....patching them up will not solve the problem....good luck Brother!......KK

I agree, excellent post searcher. Good move on shedding the toys. If things continue to deteriorate you also might have to consider letting your kids take out loans and pay for their own education. They have their whole working lives ahead of them, there is no reason you should suffer financial devastation at this point in your life to pay for their education.

most of these guys don't care. holland and newpenn like to hire guys who never had a good job in their life, all they care about is how many hours ot can i get. they never got time and half. they think that makes it a good job. they don't care about breaking down working conditions for the rest of us, just gimme those hours! ps i worked for holland and newpenn.
Come on. You know that most of your Holland guys were fom nons because theREDSTAR guys refused to work there (in your terminal) rightly so. But your New Penn coworkers worked at Mason Dixon, StJ, Branch, Carolina, CBL, Redstar, APA, Jones, Preston, and Plymouth Rock. They saw what happened to all their companies and started over 3 times or so. It was not just guys who came from crappy jobs who carried this vote.....And they all know that it is better to stick together and weather it out than to work at the competitor nons who they hate.

Why??

That might be true for Mgmt. but as drivers, we are better off looking for a job while collecting UE. company's don't want to wait for you to give a 2 week notice to your employer! when they need a driver, they need him asap...... so someone with no job that can fill that position immediately, has a far better chance of finding a driving job over one of us under payed HALF/HALF drivers here at YRC.......... half/half = A non union driver who pays union dues.

I may not be the brightest star in the sky,but I don't recall the law that requires you to give an employer two weeks notice. My understanding is that it's a courtesy-and considering the fact that YRC doesn't extend any courtesies to its employees,I don't feel obligated.As for the company doing the hiring,I would presume they know where you are coming from.So why not turn a buck while looking?